Looking for a macro to target and enter a pet battle

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Neondeception
Top Rater
Pet Score:5042
Realm:Aggramar-us
Looking for a macro to target and enter a pet battle

Post by Neondeception » March 7th, 2016, 12:10 pm

I can't figure it out. A google search and a forum search here found nothing. I am wanting a macro that will enter a pet battle, which is right click of the mouse. When leveling in the same area I start with /target squirrel, but I cannot find how to right click or enter the battle with a macro. Please help!

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Re: Looking for a macro to target and enter a pet battle

Post by Darolyn » March 7th, 2016, 12:32 pm

I don't quite understand what you're asking for. Are you looking for a macro you can bind to a key to use to target a wild pet INSTEAD of right clicking on them?

Your original post made me think you were looking for a macro that would work WHEN you right-clicked, which made no sense, but then again, I'm tired, so I might be confused.

Why can't you just right click? You run right up to them and start the battle...

Am I missing something?

Edit: I reread, and I think I understand. You want "interact with target"

Which unfortunately is a hard coded keybind, and not a slash command. You'd have to keybind "interact with target" in your keybinds menu. That would start the battle.

Also works for opening dialog with NPC when people have huge mounts on the NPC. ;)
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Neondeception
Top Rater
Pet Score:5042
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Neondeception » March 7th, 2016, 1:12 pm

Sorry for the confusion. I was looking for a macro that I could make to target a pet battle and enter the battle. So I press one key, like the number 1, and it would do both. I didn't know interact with target was on keybind. So now the closest I have is pressing my macro /target squirrel on number one and pressing Z to enter the battle. Good enough for me. Thank you.

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » March 8th, 2016, 2:16 pm

Did you try the "interact with target" keybinding?

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » March 12th, 2016, 6:26 pm

If I remember correctly, Blizzard doesn't permit actions like these in macros/scripts.

As written before the nearest thing is a target macro combined with the "interact with target" keybinding and even this doesn't make a difference between critters and wild pets you can battle, so imho it's worthless...

Still we all wanna know why you need this ;) only thing I can imagine... when I did heavy pet xp grinding in MoP Kunlai Summit I was running around and wanted to waste zero of my pet bufffood time so I did something similar and ran around like crazy to get to the next paw on my map ;)