[Legion Ideas] No Epic Pets? No Problem!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
[Legion Ideas] No Epic Pets? No Problem!

Post by Adumbledore » March 2nd, 2016, 1:17 pm

(I'm posting this here as well on the official forums since the EU players can't respond to the thread there as it's on the US boards.)

I want to preface this by saying that I thank the Devs for reading ALL of the responses in the other thread and for coming to a decision one way or the other about the future of obtainable, epic pets in Legion. Also, I am not a Dev and therefore I have absolutely ZERO control over what happens with pets and pet battles. So what you are about to read are my ideas. They do not reflect Blizzard's stance on pet battles or what things they have planned for us regarding pet battles in Legion. In addition, these are just ideas. They are not anything that is set in stone, so please do not freak out. If you'd like to give feedback, please do so. All I ask is that it remains civil discussion and not turn into a warzone. Thanks! :)

I have to say that I'm not a big fan of the option to upgrade pets to Epic. As has been pointed out multiple times already, many of us have 700+ unique pets and that number is only going to increase with Legion. Having to (potentially) upgrade that many pets to Epic, even if it's only for a cosmetic purpose, is a bit much in my opinion. I know that it took me quite a while to upgrade all of my pets to Rare (and leveling them took even longer) and having to spend that much time doing it all over again to upgrade my pets yet again is not something that I would look forward to. I doubt that I would even do it at this point.

I don't like the idea of Epic pets having increased stats, but I don't like the idea of "epic" meaning purely cosmetic, either. To me, spending a great deal of time to upgrade a pet to epic just to have its name in purple, a slight increase in size, etc., is just a waste of time. I would much rather have it so that epic pets weren't something that players could attain at all. I mean, if you want to do the cosmetic things, that's great, but I don't think a pet needs to be Epic in order to do so. That's why we have things like the pet toys.

I would rather have new and exciting content such as:

1. New families of pets. We've gone 2 expansions now without any change to the pet families. I would like to see more of those. "Demon" is a pet family that I've wanted to see for quite some time. To me, the demonic pets that we have don't feel right in their current, respective categories. To counter those pets, we could have a "Holy" type of pet. I know that we don't have very many pets that could currently fit that description (although I think the Sunborne Val'kyr would fit it nicely), but that brings me to the second point.

To expand on these 2 pet families, I have some ability examples as well as examples for their family traits. Let's start off with the Demon pets.

Demon pets are...well...demonic pets. :D I imagine that they would tend to focus more on damage and control than defense and would employ minions to assist them in defeating their enemies. Power and speed would be their best friends. I also don't see them as being the type to use many multi-hitting abilities (such as Flurry or Thrash), but rather using one-hit mechanics with bigger damage. DoTs would feature heavily as well. To that end, I've come up with a couple of examples for their "family trait":

Demon Pet Family Trait: Corruptive Touch - Any successful attack reduces the damage of the enemy pet's next ability by 10%.

Demon Pet Family Trait: Demonic Fury - Each round, you gain a 5% increase to your speed. Your speed continues to increase each round.

For a sample of their abilities, I have the following:

Summon Imp, 2 round cooldown - Summons an imp that deals X demonic damage each round. Lasts 4 rounds.

Fel Firestorm, 100% hit chance, 4 round cooldown - Conjures a storm of felfire, dealing X demonic damage to the enemy team and X demonic damage to your pets.

Grim Reaper, 50% hit chance, 5 round cooldown - Deals 100% of the pet's max health after 5 rounds. (This would be a debuff, so it could be cleansed off with something like Sear Magic.)

Some examples of what pets could be classified under this new pet family:

Abyssius
Chaos Pup
Corefire Imp
Fiendish Imp
Gregarious Grell
Lesser Voidcaller
Minfernal
Mini Diablo
Mini Mindslayer
Netherspace Abyssal
Nibbles
Sister of Temptation
Twilight Fiendling

Of course, being Demonic pets by nature, they would be countered by the new Holy pet family and vice versa. So Demonic attacks would deal extra damage to Holy pets and Holy attacks would deal extra damage to Demonic pets.
Last edited by Adumbledore on March 13th, 2016, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Re: No Epic Pets? No Problem!

Post by Adumbledore » March 2nd, 2016, 1:18 pm

The Holy family of pets would be...well...holy. :) I imagine that they would lay in stark contrast to the Demon family in that they would rely more on health and defense than on high damage. That's not to say that they would have nothing but low damage abilities, it's just that they tend to focus on healing and protection than death and destruction. I see HoTs being a big part of the Holy family. To that end, I've come up with a few examples for their "family trait":

Holy Pet Family Trait: Grace - Reduces up to X damage from each attack made against the pet. (Obviously, this damage reduction would have to be small. It wouldn't be cool to have a pet with a permanent Shell Shield or anything like that.)

Holy Pet Family Trait: Echo of Light - 10% of each attack's damage is converted to healing on your pet.

Renew - Heals your pet for X each round. Lasts 3 rounds and persists through pet swaps.

Pain Suppression, 4 round cooldown - Reduces all damage taken by 50%. Lasts 3 rounds.

Blessed, 3 round cooldown - Removes all debuffs from your pet and makes your pet immune to their re-application for 2 rounds.

Some examples of what pets could be classified under this new family:

Dreamform (I have it on my list over at WarcraftPets)
K'ute
Mini Tyrael
Naaru (I have it on my list over at WarcraftPets)
Spirit Healer (I have it on my list over at WarcraftPets)
Spirit Walker (I have it on my list over at WarcraftPets)
Sunborne Val'kyr

As said before, the Holy family would counter the Demon family and vice versa.

I also thought about having 2 other pet families, Giant and Mythical, if anyone's interested, I could flesh those out a bit more as well. :) (On second thought, due to balance issues regarding strengths and weaknesses, I'm going to flesh them out anyways, but it might take me a little bit to get it done.)

2. New pets. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm kind of tired of seeing "new" pets that are really just recycled pets with a new skin. I mean, in a content patch or something that's fine, but when a new expansion comes out, I'd like to see more completely new pets (and pets that aren't all of the same family, as we saw with WoD and its overload of Flying pets). Thankfully, I think Legion has done a good job on this so far and they should keep up the good work.

I know the community (both here on the official forums and on WarcraftPets, and probably elsewhere as well) have threads going with ideas for new pets. Lets see what we can come up with and have the devs see what they think. I'm going to sound like a broken record here, but I have a list of pets over at WarcraftPets that is rather large. Add that to the list of pets that is here on the official forum and there are quite a few pets that could be made.

I'm going to list a few examples of pets that I have from my list over at WarcraftPets:

Banshee - Undead

Banshees are the spirits of former elven women who were raised into undeath by the Lich King. Known for casting curses and for their chilling screams, many banshees broke away from the Lich King's grasp following Ner'zhul's banishing of Frostmourne and his subsequent loss of power.

Interactivity: A couple of banshees could appear and start to sing the Lament of the Highborne with the main banshee pet.

Level 1: Spirit Shock, 100% hit chance - Shocks the spirit of the target, dealing X undead damage.
Level 2: Ethereal, 3 round cooldown - Enter an ethereal state, avoiding all attacks the round it is used. This ability always goes first.
Level 4: Lament of the Highborne, 6 round cooldown - The user summons Sylvanas' banshees to sing the Lament of the Highborne, granting your team 25% increased speed and accuracy for 4 rounds. The enemy team's speed and accuracy are reduced by 25% for 4 rounds.
Level 10: Curse, 100% hit chance, 4 round cooldown - Deals X magic damage, reduces the target's damage by 25% for 2 rounds and increases the user's damage by 25% for 2 rounds.
Level 15: Anti-Magic Shell, 8 round cooldown - A shell of powerful magic surrounds you, blocking the next 2 attacks.
Level 20: Possession, 100% hit chance - The user possesses the target, dealing X undead damage every round. While possessing a target, the user is considered dead.

Spectral Bear - Magic

Spirit beasts exist throughout the world of Azeroth where experienced hunters can tame them to become their trusted animal companions. One of these, Arcturis, is a giant spectral bear who resides in the woods of the Grizzly Hills waiting for a hunter to come and tame him.

Interactivity: The spectral bear could fade in and out of existence.

Level 1: Jade Claw, 100% hit chance - Rakes the enemy with jade claws, dealing X magic damage.
Level 2: Spirit Blessing - Reduces up to X damage from each attack against you. Lasts 5 rounds.
Level 4: Spectral Strike, 50% hit chance, 3 round cooldown - Strikes at the enemy with the power of a spirit beast, causing X magic damage. Always hits if the target is Blinded.
Level 10: Onyx Bite, 100% hit chance - Bites the enemy with onyx teeth, dealing X magic damage.
Level 15: Spirit Walk, 1 round cooldown - Increases the damage done by the next attack made within 1 round by 50%, but the caster receives 25% reduced speed for 1 round.
Level 20: Spirit Mend, 5 round cooldown - Mends the caster with the power of a spirit beast, healing for X and giving the caster a 50% chance to dodge all attacks made within 1 round. Chance to dodge is increased to 100% if the caster is at full health when cast.

Jeeves - Mechanical

Jeeves is a mechanical butler that can be created by an Engineer. He is always well-mannered and polite and is willing to perform some rather mundane tasks for those who ask it of him. He doesn't tend to stay around for very long, though, as he has much to do on his schedule.

Description of Appearance: Instead of the in-game Jeeves, I would like to see a human-sized mechanical robot in a suit to serve as Jeeves.

Interactivity: Jeeves could be seen handing out refreshments and food before disappearing.

Level 1: Poisoned Sandwich, 100% hit chance - Serves the enemy pet a poisoned sandwich, dealing X mechanical damage and an additional X elemental damage each round for 5 rounds.
Level 2: Suit of Armor, 3 round cooldown - Takes out a new suit of armor, granting 50% damage reduction for 3 rounds.
Level 4: Dust, 4 round cooldown - Pulls out a feather duster before cleaning the battlefield. Removes the current weather effect.
Level 10: Doorbell, 100% hit chance - Jeeves answers the doorbell, then slams the door into the enemy pet's face, dealing X mechanical damage.
Level 15: Tea Time, 3 round cooldown - Jeeves serves himself a nice cup of "tea", restoring X health.
Level 20: Driver, 100% hit chance, 5 round cooldown - Drives a stagecoach over the enemy pet, dealing X mechanical damage. Any pet hit by the stagecoach takes an additional 50% damage for 3 rounds.

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Post by Adumbledore » March 2nd, 2016, 1:19 pm

Botani - Elemental

Botani are a race of plant-like creatures that live in the wilds of Draenor. They are creatures resembling living trees and they wage an eternal war against creatures of stone, primarily in their native Gorgrond.

Interactivity: The Botani could be seen surrounding nearby critters in a whirlwind of leaves.

Level 1: Ironbark, 100% hit chance - Deals X elemental damage and reduces up to X damage from each attack against you for 1 round.
Level 2: Thorns - Deals X elemental damage each time you take direct damage. Lasts 5 rounds.
Level 4: Fist of the Forest, 100% hit chance, 5 round cooldown - Deals X elemental damage.
Level 10: Poisoned Branch, 100% hit chance - Instantly deals X elemental damage and Poisons the target for X additional elemental damage per round for 4 rounds.
Level 15: Photosynthesis - Restores X healing every round. Lasts 5 rounds. Twice as effective in sunny weather.
Level 20: Verdigris, 100% hit chance, 5 round cooldown - Summons a tsunami of greenery on the enemy team, dealing X elemental damage split evenly between all enemies and changes the weather to Wild Growth for 5 rounds. During Wild Growth, each attack heals the pet for X and all elemental damage is increased by 25%.

Librarian - Humanoid

You thought that this was only an April Fool's joke, right? You were wrong.

Interactivity: The Librarian could be seen reading to a bunch of critters from a book.

Level 1: Written Off, 100% hit chance - The enemy pet gets written off of the story, dealing X magic damage.
Level 2: Rows of Books - Hide behind a bookcase, reducing up to X damage from each attack made against you. Lasts 5 rounds.
Level 4: I Before E, Except After C, 100% hit chance, 3 round cooldown - Recites a bunch of boring linguisitic rules to the enemy pet, dealing X humanoid damage with a 25% chance of putting the enemy to sleep for 1 round.
Level 10: Throw the Book, 100% hit chance - Throws a book at the enemy pet, dealing X humanoid damage.
Level 15: An Alliteration Attack, 100% hit chance, 1 round cooldown - Attack the pet with alliteration! Deals X humanoid damage and increases your speed by 25% for 1 round.
Level 20: Dewey Decimal, 8 round cooldown - Hide under a pile of books, becoming unattackable for 2 rounds. During this time, Dewey Decimal, gnomish librarian extraordinaire, appears and attacks your opponents for X humanoid damage each round.

3. New pet abilities. I'd like to see some completely new pet abilities. Things that we don't really have currently that could change up the game a bit. I know that AoE has dominated the pet battle meta for some time now, so add in something like AoE damage reduction. New weather abilities is another option. I have a couple in my WarcraftPets thread (Blight and Wild Growth - yeah some shameless self-promotion here) that I think would be enjoyable. Just something new that we haven't seen before to make the game exciting and fun.

I actually have quite a bit that I would like to share and get feedback on, if possible. Following the epic pet stones thread, I've been thinking about new pet abilities and I've come up with some new status effects that I think would be interesting.

New Status: Disease - Diseased pets take 5% of their max health as damage each round. (Example: a 1400 health pet would take 70 damage from the disease each round.)

New Status: Confusion - Confused pets have a chance to deal their damage to themselves, one of their pets, or one of your backline pets instead of dealing damage to your active pet. (This might be a bit too complicated to work with.)

New Status: Berserk - Pets that are Berserking deal 25% extra damage and take 25% extra damage. Berserking pets cannot swap out.

New Status: Float - Floating pets are granted 50% damage reduction from ground effects (such as Burrow) but they take 25% increased damage from any Flying attacks.

New Status: Petrify - Petrified pets are stunned and prevented from swapping out, but take 75% reduced damage.

New Status: Small - Reduces the enemy pet's size by 50% and damage by 25%, but increases their chance to dodge attacks by 25%.

New Status: Growth - Increases size by 50% and health by 25%, but increases your chance to be hit by 25%.

New Status: Chicken - Turns the enemy into a chicken, where they flee to the backrow and cannot be swapped back in until the effect wears off or all other pets are dead. (This might be a bit too powerful in this state.)

I also have a few other abilities that I'd like to share:

New Weather: Heroism - reduces cooldowns of all pets by 1 round and increases Humanoid damage by 10%. (This one might be a bit too powerful, but I'd love to see it in action.)

New Weather: Tornado - All pets have a X% chance to be force-swapped to the backrow each round. (This might be a bit too powerful and unpredictable, but it would be interesting to watch.)

New Weather: Gravitational Field - Flying abilities (such as Lift-Off) deal 50% less damage than normal and all pets' speed is decreased by 25%. (Again, this may be too unpredictable and useless, but it's something new.)

New Weather: Swamp - All pets take damage as if they were Aquatic pets and all pets' speed is reduced by 25%.

Fleeting Invincibility, 6 round cooldown - Grants immunity to all damage for 2 rounds, then deals the amount of damage prevented over 2 rounds. That damage cannot be dodged, blocked, or avoided.

Web Wrap, 100% hit chance, 4 round cooldown - Wraps the target in webs, stunning and rooting them for 1 round.

Shell Barrier, 5 round cooldown - Protects all your pets, reducing up to X damage done to them by each attack. Lasts 3 rounds.

Silence, 100% hit chance, 4 round cooldown - Adds 1 round to the enemy pet's cooldowns.

Shatter, 100% hit chance, 3 round cooldown - Attacks with overwhelming force, dealing X magic damage and removing any damage reduction abilities (Shell Shield, Shell Armor, Crouch, etc.) from the enemy pet. (I wouldn't expect the damage on this to be all that great. The real reward from using it is the removal of the damage reduction.)

I have many, many more new abilities in my WarcraftPets thread if anyone would like to take a look at them. :)

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Post by Adumbledore » March 2nd, 2016, 1:20 pm

4. Reworked abilities. Taking weather abilities as an example again, Mudslide is an ability that I think could be reworked. Mudslide is a decent ability, but let's be honest. How many of us actually use Mudslide on even a semi-regular basis? It's just not that compelling to use. Call Blizzard goes the same way. Unless you're using Deep Freeze, most people don't use Call Blizzard. It's just not that exciting. Very few abilities rely on a Blizzard to achieve their additional effects (in fact, I can only think of one that does - Belly Slide). Not very exciting. At least not to me.

There's really nothing wrong with Mudslide or Call Blizzard as they currently stand. They're just kind of boring. Could they be reworked to increase their appeal? I believe so. I'm certainly going to try, even if no one else likes what I come up with. :D

Mudslide's effect really isn't *that* bad (it roots incoming pets for 3 rounds), but that's all it does. If it also increased Critter damage by even 10% (25% would be better in my opinion), it would be much better than it is now. Although when I think of a Mudslide, I don't think of things being stuck in place. In fact, I think of the exact opposite. Maybe Mudslide could increase pets' speed by a certain amount? I mean, Mudslide is Critter damage and when I think of Critters, I don't think of rooting (which they're immune to), I think of rats and rabbits. Really fast pets that can get in their hits before they get crushed. Even if the damage of Mudslide was reduced to compensate for a more powerful ability, I think it would be worth it. (It should still keep the increase to Critter damage, though. Otherwise, what would be the point of having it as a weather ability when there are other abilities that perform that exact same function?) If rooting a pet is really the way Mudslide wants to be, then I would definitely like to see the Critter damage bonus or at least some other effect to get us to at least consider using it.

Call Blizzard is just like Mudslide, there's nothing wrong with the ability, except I think this one is actually worse than Mudslide. The damage it deals is good, but the added "weather" effect is rather lackluster (even the root from Mudslide is better, if you ask me). Not many abilities require a pet to be Chilled in order to achieve their additional effects, and even on the ones that do, those pets generally have an ability (usually Frost Shock) to Chill the pet itself! It renders the Blizzard almost useless. To remedy this, I think there are a couple of options. First, when I think of a Blizzard, I think of snow coming down like there's no tomorrow and you can't see anything outside. Call Blizzard could also reduce the pets' accuracy (much like Slippery Ice does) in addition to its current effects. Or.... Call Blizzard could have a chance of Freezing a pet (stunning it) in a block of ice for 1 round. Either option I think would certainly improve the ability and would entice us to actually use it.

There are certainly other abilities that could use a bit of a rework, but those 2 really stood out to me.

5. Raiding with Leashes. I love RwL. A lot. I would love to see more Raiding with Leashes put into the game. I know an idea involving a pet battle-type raid was floating around on here (sorry, but I don't remember whose idea it was). From what I read of it, though, it sounded like a really cool idea that I think a lot of people would get enjoyment out of.

There really isn't a whole lot more to say other than we need more Raiding with Leashes. Seriously. Tons more. TONS.

6. New pet rewards. Instead of having the Epic pets, put in some new pet toys that could cosmetically change a pet (increasing its size, making it glow, putting a top hat on it, etc.). Put in an Emerald Dream-inspired pet for capturing all of the pets from Val'sharah. Give out a stone to level a pet 25 levels for defeating all of the Legion pet tamers. There are so many things that could be done with this that I don't feel the need for an "Epic" pet.

I have a question. What ever happened to the pet items that were datamined ages ago and were never seen again? Things like Gloria's Glorious Gliding Goodies or the Savage Safari Hat? It's like they were lost somewhere along the way and I think it would be cool if they made their comeback.

7. Pet challenges. As in the case of Hunter pets, there could be pet challenges. For example, if you wanted to go out and capture a wild Fel Fish pet (not that Fel Fish are going to be pets), you would have to go and do some fishing until the Fel Fish started showing up. Or you could have to track a pet by following footprints on the ground with a special item (like you do when you want to tame Bombyx in the Krasarang Wilds as a hunter, although they only need Flare to capture it). Pets and pet battles do not have to be facerollingly easy in order to entice people to play. I rather enjoy the more difficult pet battle-related challenges.

As stated above, it would be cool if some pets were obtained through different means than what we have now. Fishing to get a group of fish to show up to capture would be nice. Plus, it would give us a reason to actually use Fishing. I know at Blizzcon the devs said that they had plans for Fishing so that you're not so bored while you are doing the profession. (Good thing too. As it stands now, most people hate Fishing.) So why not add pet battles to the list of things that you can accomplish with Fishing? You know, a "2 birds, 1 stone" kind of deal?

I really think the tracking pets to capture them would be cool. Not only does it provide a challenge to people trying to get the pet, but you would feel a sense of accomplishment once you obtained the pet. I know when I went to tame Bombyx on my hunter, I had a difficult time doing it. You have to time your Tame Beast just right or it will wiggle its way out of your Flare zone. I think the same logic could be applied to battle pets. Obtain an item from Breanni in Dalaran that will let you see the pet (like Flare does for the hunters) and head out to start searching. It may be a bit frustrating to do, but at least it's a new way to find pets to capture.

Add conditions for capturing pets. Using hunter pets again as an example, you have to do certain things to capture pets, such as Deth'tilac. It can't be tamed until at low health, but then you run the risk of killing the pet or dying yourself. Apply something like that to pet battles. For example, if you're trying to capture X pet, then have a condition saying something like, "This pet cannot be captured within the first 10 rounds of the battle." or "This pet cannot be captured while you have more than 1 pet living." This would add challenges to capturing pets rather than having us do the same old thing by getting the pet below a certain health level and then trying to capture it.

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Post by Adumbledore » March 2nd, 2016, 1:20 pm

8. Pet Adventures. I thought that the quest line in Stranglethorn where you have the little raptor hatchling following you while you were questing was a fun idea. I think we could have something like that for Legion, and maybe have it blown up even more. Instead of having the pet follow you for a small quest line in a single zone, it could follow you through all of them until you reach max level.

Scenario 1: You could obtain a quest at level 100 that awards you with a pet item (in this example, I'm going to use a dragon egg). As you increase in level, the egg also gets closer to hatching. When you reach level 110, you could obtain another quest where your egg finally hatches. This one would be relatively easy to do, but also kind of boring since the egg isn't doing anything while you level.

Scenario 2: You find an abandoned pet in the wild @ level 100 (or you could even have Breanni in Dalaran give it to you after its been found and brought to the Menagerie) and it decides to follow you. It's level 1 and as you do more pet battles and you increase your character level, it also increases level. Or... As you complete the new zones, it could level that way. First off, it gets no experience from pet battles. You can only level it through completing zones. So it starts at level 1 and you complete Azsuna. Then it levels to 2. You complete Val'sharah, it levels to 4. Complete Highmountain and it levels to 10. Complete Stormheim and it's 15. Finally, when you complete Suramar, it levels to 25. This would be fun, but also VERY time consuming and I'm not sure how many people would be willing to do all of that content for 1 pet.

Scenario 3: Going into Darkheart Thicket, you discover a corrupted little Dream Dragonling that you take pity on. Taking it with you out of the Emerald Nightmare, you decide that you would like to try to cleanse the poor creature of its corruption. You take the pet to the Menagerie in Dalaran to see if Breanni can do anything to cleanse the dragonling. Breanni has you go to Highmountain to see if the Tauren there could lend you their aid. After defeating their master pet tamer, they attempt to cleanse the pet with Shamanic magic, but are unsuccessful. Going back to Breanni, you are next sent to Azsuna to see if the Blue Dragonflight can help. They are somewhat sympathetic with your plight, but are unable to help, as the Emerald Dream (and by extension, the Nightmare) is not their realm. They do suggest, however, another path. The druids of Val'sharah have a strong connection to the Dream. Perhaps they could help? So you take the pet to the druids of Val'sharah to see if they can help. They send you on a quest line to all different parts of the Broken Isles where you have to defeat certain tamers to obtain ingredients for a magical potion which is supposed to cleanse your pet. After trying the cure, however, the druids find that the Nightmare's hold is simply too strong for a potion to work. They may have another option, though. An immortal druid may be able to help out in this situation. Unfortunately, Cenarius has been taken by the Nightmare and is currently being held captive. So that's out. Instead, they send you to Moonglade to consult his son, the great Keeper, Remulos. Remulos informs you that within the Darkshade Thicket lies a flower called the Jewel of G'Hanir, which, when combined with a few ingredients found around the Moonglade, has the power to cleanse the corruption from the corrupted. After assembling all of these ingredients, you apply the potion to the pet which finally gets rid of the Nightmare's influence. Remulos comments that the Dream Dragonling has grown fond of you and wishes to join you in your future endeavors. So after all of that work, you finally obtain your pet.

The above scenario could take place over the course of 3-4 weeks, with each part (finding the pet, going to Breanni, going to the Druids, and finally going to Remulos) each being a weekly quest that you can obtain. Also, I made a Dream Dragonling pet. It's in my WarcraftPets thread for anyone that's interested.

I purposefully made Scenario 1 less immersive and "boring" (for lack of a better word) than Scenario 3 because I don't know what kind of time constraints the pet battle team has. I know that I would be happy with any of them. Obviously I would much prefer something like Scenario 3 than Scenario 1, but I'll take what I can get.

9. Tamer Challenges. I think that a lot of people are worried about the difficulty of upcoming tamer battles and I think it's definitely a legitimate concern. We haven't really had difficult tamers since the Celestial Tournament and it's about time that we started to have more challenging pet content. As I was thinking about this, I thought of an Apocalyptic-style battle where you have a certain number of rounds to defeat the enemy (somewhere around 15) or you flat out lose the battle and have to restart it.

Other ways of making tamers more challenging is introducing tamer buffs. For example, tamer battles could feature a gimmick where either the tamer's team gets a buff or your team gets a debuff. Some examples are listed below:

Each round, all active pets are dealt 5% of their maximum health as damage. Cannot be blocked, dodged, or avoided.

Must defeat the tamer in X rounds or all pets die. (as mentioned before)

When a tamer's pet dies, the other living pets heal for 25% of the dead pet's max health before they swap in.

Tamer's backline pets are immune to damage until they swap in.

Tamer's pets heal for 10% of their max health each round.

Tamer's pets have 25% increased speed for the duration of the battle.

Tamer's pets ignore any single hits that deal over 250 damage.

Your pets have 50% reduced critical strike chance.

Every other round, the tamer's pets are cleared of all debuffs. (bye bye Howl Bomb)

Each round, your active pet deals 5% reduced damage. This effect stacks. (it's cleared when you switch pets, though.)

Each round, the other team's hit chance is reduced by 25%.

Tamer's pets abilities all hit twice. The second attack deals 25% of the original attack's damage. (this one might be a little extreme...)

The possibilities for these is endless. Also, these "tamer buffs" would have to be unlocked by defeating the tamer once before. After that, you could challenge the tamer with these buffs active (although it's not required) for even greater rewards than what you would normally receive. The regular tamer battle would still be there for those people who aren't looking for the bigger challenge.

TL;DR: Anyways, I think that with so many things that could be done with pet battles, Epic pets are not something that I would want to see put into play. Not only is it going to mess with the new battlers (and the old ones too), but it's just too much of a hassle to bother with. Eventually, there will be a meta for the Epic pets once someone figures out a great team, and then we're back to square one again. I'd rather not see that happen when the devs' time could be spent on things that have the potential to be much more fun and exciting than seeing a pet's name in purple in my journal.

Thanks if you read all of that. I know it was a handful. :)

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Post by Adumbledore » March 3rd, 2016, 6:05 pm

I finished the Giant and Mythical pet families and I changed a couple of things around so the bonus damage/bonus defense is a bit different than just Demon and Holy.

Giant pets are...well...pets that are gigantic. Giant pets would focus more on power and health than on speed or defense. (Who needs defense when you can just crush the competition?) That's not to say that they have no defensive abilities and are slower than a turtle, but more often than not, you'll find these pets ready for battle. Like the Demon pets, I think that these pets would focus more on powerful, overwhelming, single attacks rather than a bunch of fast-hitting multi-shot abilities. To that end, I've come up with a couple of examples for their "family trait":

New pet family: Giant

Giant Pet Family Trait: Pulverize - Each attack has a 10% chance to deal X damage to one of the enemy's backline pets, chosen at random. (I would imagine the damage to be quite low. Around 50-75 is what I was thinking.)

Giant Pet Family Trait: Anger - Attacks made against the Giant have a 10% chance of inciting the pet, increasing the damage of its next attack within 1 round by 25%.

Knock Away, 100% hit chance, 5 round cooldown - Knocks the enemy back with tremendous force, dealing X giant damage and forcing an opponent's pet to swap into battle.

Withering Roar, 100% hit chance, 5 round cooldown - Unleashes a devastating roar, dealing X giant damage and reducing the enemy pet's maximum health by 10% for 3 rounds.

Endurance, 3 round cooldown - Heals the user for X health and increases the maximum health of your active pet by 5 per level for 9 rounds.

Akma'hat (in my WarcraftPets thread) (could also be a Mythical pet)
Anubisath Idol
Cho'gall (in my WarcraftPets thread) (or Ogres in general)
Faceless One (in my WarcraftPets thread) (these could also be a Demon pet)
Flesh Giant (in my WarcraftPets thread) (these could also be an Undead pet)
Fungal Giant (in my WarcraftPets thread) (could also be an Elemental pet)
Genesaur (in my WarcraftPets thread) (could also be an Elemental pet)
Gruul the Dragonkiller (in my WarcraftPets thread) (or Gronn in general)
Lil' Oondasta (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Magnataur (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Mistlurker (in my WarcraftPets thread) (could also be an Elemental pet)
Mogu (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Tideskipper
Vrykul (in my WarcraftPets thread)

Mythical pets are pets that are known to most only as stories. They are wild fantasies and great beings who control immense power. Mythical pets are an asset to any team as they are great at controlling the battlefield. They tend to focus more on health and speed, getting in as many attacks as they can while withering their opponent away with DoTs and debuffs. Their Mythical status affords them certain traits that help them in their task of control. To that end, I've come up with a couple of examples for their "family trait":

New Pet Family: Mythical

Mythical Pet Family Trait: Divine Inspiration - Mythical pets' attacks are not hindered by damage reduction abilities.

Mythical Pet Family Trait: Metamorphosis - Mythical pets take on the family trait of the pet that they are currently battling. (They still take damage as if they were a Mythical pet.)

The Avenger, 100% hit chance, 5 round cooldown - Avenges your comrade pets by slicing up the enemy team. Deals X mythical damage to the enemy pet and half of that damage to the enemy's backline pets. Damage dealt to the active pet is increased by 25% for each of your pets that are dead.

Ursol's Vortex, 100% hit chance, 5 round cooldown - Ursol sends a tornado at the enemy, dealing X mythical damage each round and reducing the target's speed by 50% for 3 rounds. If the target is swapped out before the spell expires, Ursol's Vortex will pull the pet back into battle.

Unicorn Horn, 5 round cooldown - The unicorn's horn is full of powerful magic that it can use to heal its friends. When cast, heals all of your pets for X and clears your active pet of any buffs and debuffs.

Aessina (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Agamaggan (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Aggramar (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Aman'thul (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Aviana (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Cenarius (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Chi-Chi, Hatchling of Chi-Ji
Dark Phoenix Hatchling
Eonar (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Goldrinn (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Golganneth (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Khaz'Goroth (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Malorne (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Moonkin Hatchling (debatable)
Norgannon (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Omen (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Phoenix Hatchling
Tortolla (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Unicorn (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Ursoc (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Ursol (in my WarcraftPets thread)
Xu-Fu, Cub of Xuen
Yu'la, Broodling of Yu'lon
Zao, Calfling of Niuzao

Demon attacks are strong against Holy pets
Holy attacks are strong against Giant pets
Giant attacks are strong against Mythical pets
Mythical attacks are strong against Demon pets

Demon attacks are weak against Giant pets
Holy attacks are weak against Mythical pets
Giant attacks are weak against Demon pets
Mythical attacks are weak against Holy pets

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Post by Adumbledore » March 9th, 2016, 1:16 pm

I've been at it again and I have some more ideas. I'm beginning to think that I have a problem.....

A pet wash. Instead of giving us a new item (stone, toy, etc.) that could give out a cosmetic effect on your pet, how about a pet wash? (Kind of like the yak wash in Kun-Lai Summit.) You would give the operator of the pet wash 1 gold and then you would get options. On the first page, you could select what kind of soap you want to use to clean your pet with. After you choose a soap, you could use what temperature water you want to use. On the final page, you could use if you want your pet dried or not. Each choice you make has an outcome on the final effect. For example:

On the first page you could have the options of:

Sleek Shampoo
Shiny Shampoo
Smelly Shampoo

On the second page, you could have the options of:

Hot Water
Warm Water
Cold Water

On the third page, you could have the options of:

Yes, dry my pet
No, do not dry my pet

So if I chose "Shiny Shampoo", "Warm Water", and "Yes, dry my pet", then when my pet came out of the wash, it would have a buff where it sparkles for 10 minutes. However, if I changed "Warm Water" to "Cold Water", then it would come out with a ghostly skin (much like the Spectral Tiger Cub). If I chose "Smelly Shampoo", "Hot Water", and "No, do not dry my pet", then the pet could have little flowers appear at its feet as it walks, but if I change "Hot Water" to "Warm Water" and "No, do not dry my pet" to "Yes, dry my pet", then your pet would attract little critters that would follow it. Each combination would have a different effect to it.

This would give us something cosmetic for our pets while also eliminating the need for new items like cosmetic toys. It would also eliminate the need to find a place for those items to go. The devs could just stick the effects in the pet wash instead of finding a way for us to obtain the items that would produce those effects. Anyways, it's just an idea.

A new way of obtaining pets:

We can already capture wild pets or purchase pets from a vendor (like Breanni in Dalaran), so what about a new of obtaining pets? Since the new expansion centers on the Burning Legion launching yet another invasion of Azeroth, it would make sense that at least some of the pets are demonic in nature (they could even be Demon pets, as stated in my earlier posts). How do demons generally get to Azeroth? By someone summoning them from the Twisting Nether. Why couldn't we apply that to pets as well?

In the Menagerie of Dalaran, there could be a spellbook of sorts that details the way of summoning pets into Azeroth. It would list the ingredients needed to power the spell and where you can find them. Once you find the ingredients needed to summon the pet that you choose, you take them to a special summoning area (it could be in one of the Broken Isles zones, the Menagerie, or this could even become new content when Thal'dranath opens later in the expansion). Using the ingredients would summon the pet, which you would have to battle to capture.

This could also apply to "Boss" pets, that would need to be defeated. Once you defeat the pet, you earn a "lesser" version of the boss that you defeated. I would imagine these pets to actually be very difficult in nature, so that when you defeat them and get your pet, it's actually something that you earned and not "given" due to the content being so easy.

A few more new abilities:

New Weather: Dampening Field - Reduces all pets' damage by 10% and increases cooldowns by 1 round.

New Weather: Toxic Gas - Each round, every active pet has a 10% chance to choke, interrupting their turn that round. In addition, all pets are considered Poisoned.

Gust of Wind, 100% hit chance, 4 round cooldown - Removes the current weather effect.

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Re: [Legion Ideas] No Epic Pets? No Problem!

Post by Adumbledore » March 13th, 2016, 6:42 pm

Pet Arena. Ok, I want to preface this by saying that I do not do pet PvP so I don't even know if what I'm about to say is even in the realm of feasible, but it's just an idea. So here goes.

There could be a pet arena (much like the one in Stranglethorn Vale) where a weekly pet PvP tournament could take place. Each person that wants to participate needs to meet at the arena at whatever time the event takes place. Then it's a sort of free-for-all tourney in that you can battle whomever you wish. If you defeat the person, then they are knocked out of the tournament for that week. If you are defeated, you are knocked out. This would continue on until one person is left and they are declared the winner. They'll receive their prize in their mailbox and the tournament will be over until the following week. (Much like the fishing tournament each week.)

The reason I wanted the arena to be like the one in Stranglethorn Vale is that it has seats like the Colosseum in Rome. I wanted those seats there because I would like to have a Spectator Mode. If you're knocked out from the tourney (or if you simply want to watch the people participating), you can sit in the stands. To view the battles in play, there could be a drop-down menu where you choose which battle you want to watch. You can cancel watching the battle at any time and can view them at your leisure.

For the arena itself, I think that there should (or at the very least, could) have restrictions placed upon you. For example, you should only be allowed to use 1 pet per pet family. So we won't see a Graves, Weebom, Fossilized Hatchling team since they are all Undead. You would have to choose 1 of them to put in your team. Another restriction could be that you're only allowed 1 AoE ability on your team at any given time. Do note that I said 1 AoE ability, so that means if you wanted an AoE damage ability and an AoE healing ability, you would have to choose one or the other. You couldn't have both.

Speaking of healing..... I know that some people like to run healing stall teams. A restriction could be put into play that after a certain round, the healing done by healing abilities could start to be reduced (kind of like how you start to take more damage in bgs like Warsong Gulch after holding the flag for so long). Or the damage done by abilities could be increased to compensate for the healing. Or it could be that after a certain round, healing abilities no longer work. In any case, I think stall teams would be a bad idea for this as the tournament could go on for ridiculous amounts of time.

Like regular pet PvP, each person would be alloted a certain amount of time to decide which ability they want to use each round. In addition to that, each person will have a short debuff (of like a minute or two) where they cannot battle after defeating a person. This is so the person who just completed their battle can decide what they want to do next. If they want to switch teams, they'll have the time to do so. If they want to switch pets, they will have the time to do so. The debuff is basically there so the person gets a sort of "breather" after each battle where they can gather their thoughts and act accordingly.

Much like how you lose a battle if you decide to forfeit the match in regular pet PvP, if you decide to forfeit a match at any time during the tournament, it's counted as an automatic loss and you will be knocked out of the tournament that week. This is to prevent people from finding out someone's team and then forfeiting so they can make a counter team against them. Fairness should be paramount in this tournament. If you're going to win, you should do it by being the best player that week.

Anyways, I haven't really thought the whole thing out and like I said, I don't even know if it's something that pet PvPers would even want, but I feel like with all of the ideas going around for pet PvE, it would be nice to give the pet PvPers something new too.

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » March 14th, 2016, 5:22 am

Adumbledore wrote:
Spectral Bear - Magic

Spirit beasts exist throughout the world of Azeroth where experienced hunters can tame them to become their trusted animal companions. One of these, Arcturis, is a giant spectral bear who resides in the woods of the Grizzly Hills waiting for a hunter to come and tame him.

Level 1: Jade Claw, 100% hit chance - Rakes the enemy with jade claws, dealing X magic damage.
Level 2: Spirit Blessing - Reduces up to X damage from each attack against you. Lasts 5 rounds.
Level 4: Spectral Strike, 50% hit chance, 3 round cooldown - Strikes at the enemy with the power of a spirit beast, causing X magic damage. Always hits if the target is Blinded.
Level 10: Onyx Bite, 100% hit chance - Bites the enemy with onyx teeth, dealing X magic damage.
Level 15: Spirit Walk, 1 round cooldown - Increases the damage done by the next attack made within 1 round by 50%, but the caster receives 25% reduced speed for 1 round.
Level 20: Spirit Mend, 5 round cooldown - Mends the caster with the power of a spirit beast, healing for X and giving the caster a 50% chance to dodge all attacks made within 1 round. Chance to dodge is increased to 100% if the caster is at full health when cast.
You had me at spectral bear. I would love to see this pet. I would also like a pet wash and new ways of obtaining pets.

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Post by Adumbledore » March 20th, 2016, 1:33 pm

Milotha wrote:
Adumbledore wrote:
Spectral Bear - Magic

You had me at spectral bear. I would love to see this pet. I would also like a pet wash and new ways of obtaining pets.
I want the bear too. lol

I thought the pet wash would be a good way for the devs to implement new cosmetic effects without having to make a ton of items to do so. I mean, I don't want to have a bunch of different items floating around in my bags when that space could be freed up with a different solution.

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Post by Adumbledore » April 5th, 2016, 11:33 am

I have some more ideas:

World Events. This one would take a lot of work, so I'm positive it wouldn't make it into the game, but it would be something cool. World Events would be special, one-time events that you accomplish by having certain pets out in certain situations. For example, say that a pet item is hidden under a mound of dirt, but the mound of dirt is on fire. If you have a pet following you that has the Cleansing Rain ability, it would walk up to the fire and put it out, allowing you to pick up the item.

This could be used to place new pet items in the world, while ensuring that people have a more diverse stable. I know some of my friends only collect the bare minimum of pets needed to complete their objectives and then they're done. They don't see any reason to continue collecting other pets. This would give those people something new to do. Plus it would be fun for those of us who already have a diverse stable in finding these items and the various ways you have to use to acquire them.

Again, this is something that would require an immense amount of work so I don't see it realistically happening, but it would be a fun side project for us.

Increased capture chance. In the past, we've received a bonus to our capture chance through various traps that are earned from achievements and/or special building "perks". I think that idea was good, but we can always use new things, right?

Achievement rewards for capturing a certain amount of pets or raising a certain amount of pets to a certain level is fine, but by now we're used to that kind of thing and it's a bit outdated and boring. Instead, what if our chance to capture wild pets was increased by defeating certain "Grand Master" tamers? There are 5 new zones in the Broken Isles, so there could be 5 Grand Masters that you have to defeat. Each tamer you defeat increases your capture chance by 1% (for a total of 5% if you defeat each tamer).

Using a model like this would eliminate the need for a new achievement/building perk, and it would give people more of an incentive to do the Grand Master tamers.

Pet Adventures, pt. 2. I thought of a couple of more pet adventures that we could go on during Legion. Much like the previous scenarios, these deal with new ways of obtaining pets/pet abilities/pet levels.

Scenario 1: At level 100, we could obtain a level 25 pet from Breanni in Dalaran that we use in our travels throughout the Broken Isles. The problem is that it has no pet abilities. At least not when you first receive it. In order to give the pet abilities, you would have to battle certain NPCs with the pet on your team. As you defeat all of the tamers, your pet will earn abilities from the defeated pets. Defeating most tamers would give you 1 ability, though there could be a "final" tamer that would give your pet 2 abilities when you defeat it.

I would think that the pet itself would be a powerful pet (though not ridiculously OP like Graves or Murkalot), since you have to use it on your team in order to learn your abilities. Also, the abilities you learn would be predetermined, so there wouldn't be 2 people doing the same quest but getting different abilities. The pet that you earn at the end of the adventure would be the exact same as a friend's who does the same quest. (Although that could be somewhat fun, getting different pets and being able to purchase the ones people don't want from the AH.)

Scenario 2: We could find a new pet just sitting out in the wild somewhere that we can battle, but when we try battling it, it runs away (much like Pusillin in Dire Maul). You would have to continue finding the pet until you can finally battle it. Once you defeat the pet in battle, it agrees to join your team and you get the pet in your pet journal.

I wouldn't think that continuing to find it would be completely random. Perhaps some clues would be put in to help you or an item to help you find the pet so that you aren't looking for weeks for the pet to appear again. That said, I also think that it should be somewhat difficult to find even with the help, otherwise it wouldn't take very long to finish getting the pet.

Create-A-Pet. This idea is one that I think is extremely fascinating, but could potentially become a problem. That said, here's what I came up with for a Create-A-Pet program.

After earning a new achievement (not sure what it could be, but it could be related to one of the pet adventures), you would be given a quest where you have to go to Breanni in Dalaran. Breanni gives you a pet, but says that it's some kind of rare pet that no one's encountered before. It seems like it's a template of a pet, since it has no pet family, abilities, or stats.

Using a special "forge", you would get to choose everything about the pet. What abilities it has, what family it belongs to, what its stats are, and even what the pet looks like. To accomplish this, you would have to go through the following setup:

1. Choose your pet's family. This is probably the most important part, since it will determine everything else about your pet. You can choose from Aquatic, Beast, Critter, Dragonkin, Elemental, Flying, Humanoid, Magic, Mechanical, or Undead. If Demon, Giant, Holy, and/or Mythical pets were to be put in, you could choose from those as well.

2. Choose your pet's appearance. Once you've chosen your pet's family, you will get to choose its appearance. Each pet family will have a predetermined set of appearances you can choose from for your pet. (So no plant looking pets could be Flying, for example. Those would all stay Elementals.) It would be nice to have some special cosmetic appearances for this, though, that you can't get anywhere else.

3. Choose your pet's stats. To choose your stats, you will receive a certain amount of stat points that you can use to give to your pets. The stat points will need to be allocated for Power, Speed, and the Health of your pet. To keep pets from becoming too ridiculously powerful, fast, or have too much health, I think that there should be a kind of cap on how many points you can put into one category (I was thinking like 325 being the cap on your power/speed stats or 1600 for health for your pet).

4. Choose your pet's abilities. Much like the previous options, depending on what family your pet belongs to, you will receive a predetermined list of abilities that you can choose to place in each of your battle slots. To keep pets from having all OP abilities, I think that if you choose one OP ability (such as Righteous Inspiration), then you're locked out of any other OP abilities for that pet.

Once you've chosen all of your pet's attributes, you would click a button to complete the process and obtain your pet.

The interesting thing about this is that 2 people could have completely different pets by doing the same quest. You could have a more powerful, but slower pet than your friend, or you could have a pet with more health than your friend, but is a bit less powerful than your friend's. The different combinations you can come up with would be fascinating and the end result would be completely up to you.

Unlike other pet rewards, I think that this one would be a bind-on-pickup type deal. So you won't see player-created pets in the AH, since they can't be sold or traded.

Being a huge time-consuming effort on the part of the pet battle team, I would think that you could only earn one pet of your own creation. At least for now. Perhaps in the future more could be added as future incentives to do pet battles.

See what happens when we have extended maintenance? I think Blizz needs to hold off on that extended stuff for a while. lol

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Post by Adumbledore » April 20th, 2016, 11:27 am

And yet some more ideas. :D

Pet Park. Much like a real world version of a dog park, a pet park is a place where people could come together in-game and show off their pets/have a place to play with their pets. I know a lot of people are quite proud of their collections and would like to show some of their pets off, but lack a proper place to do so. This could be a solution to that.

In addition to having a place to show off your pets, the pet park would actually be a kind of reward in and of itself. As you spend time in the pet park, you would accumulate time for a buff when you leave the park. The buff would increase your pet's experience gain by 25% as well as the experience your character earns from pet battles by 25%. Like other pet experience gains, I would imagine that it would stack with other, similar effects.

To get into the pet park, you have to purchase a ticket. These could be sold from pet vendors for a certain amount of pet charms (I was thinking like maybe 15 charms?). Depending on where the park would be located, the ticket could also provide a teleport transportation to the park and back, so that lower level characters could still take part in the pet park. When you go into the park, your ticket will be "taken", so that you will need to purchase another one when you want to visit the park again.

Stone that changes a pet's breed. I know someone had the idea for a stone like this (sorry, but I don't remember who), and I thought it was a great idea. I know that I spent quite a bit of time trying to find certain breeds of pets (I'm looking at you, Nexus Whelpling) and I think this could help alleviate those problems a bit.

Zookeeper Trap. It would be nice to have a trap that is guaranteed to work on the pet you're trying to capture. Obviously, this couldn't be something that could be used frequently, but I think having it as a 1-time (or maybe even 2-time) deal wouldn't be that bad. I shutter when I tried to capture Unborn Val'kyr only to have it use Unholy Ascension before I could capture it. :(

Item that makes a tamer battle easier. I personally know quite a few people that were put off by the pet battle tamers. They didn't mind the "Old World" tamers, but once they started getting to Outland (especially Bloodknight Antari. I know people that quit pet battles because of him.), they weren't having as good of a time. Since that's kind of the whole point of pet battles, what if there was a way to make the battle a bit easier?

The item that I have in mind is an item that would cause the battle to have a random (but positive, for you) effect put into play to help you out on those tamers that you're stuck on. For example, if you use the item, maybe all of the tamer's pets deal 10% reduced damage. Or maybe your pets all have 10% increased health. There are quite a few combinations that could be made with this that could help make those "tough" pet battles easier to deal with.

Now obviously veterans have no need for this item, since most of us have already completed the tamer challenges. This would be more for the casual pet battlers who don't devote as much time to the pet battles as perhaps some of us do. I know some are probably thinking that if they want easy battles, they should look up a team on Wowhead to defeat the tamers. But where's the fun in that? You're basically handed a win on a platter and you're not learning anything about how pet battles work. Besides, maybe they don't want to go that route. I know I wouldn't.

Item that increases the amount of experience your character receives from pet battles by a certain amount. Much like the Lesser Pet Treat/Pet Treat, this item would give experience, but not to your pets. It gives the extra experience to your character. A Lesser version (for 10 charms), would increase your experience gained from winning pet battles by 25% for an hour. The regular item (for 20 charms) would increase your experience gained by 50% for an hour.

Items that increase your capture chance when you have them in your bags. Each item that you purchase would, when in your bags, increase your chance to capture a certain family of pets by 10%. This buff would last as long as the item is in your bags and the item does not expire or get used up when you use it.

I know sometimes you have a pet that you're trying to capture and it's ridiculous how long it takes to finally capture the pet. Sometimes (and I know this has happened to me before), the pet takes so long to capture that your team dies or is close to death before the trap finally works! Hopefully, this would alleviate that a bit.

I came up with the following for items that could be used:

Fly Fishing Rod for Aquatics
Mark of the Beast for Beasts
Lucky Rabbit's Foot for Critters
Fallen Dragon Scale for Dragonkin
Imbued Flower Pot for Elementals
Harpy's Feather for Flying
Goblin's Treasure Sack for Humanoids
Spellbound Tome for Magic
Swiss Army Wrench for Mechanicals
Cracked Tombstone for Undead