That moment when...

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us
Re: That moment when...

Post by Khorah » January 24th, 2016, 10:02 am

Darolyn wrote:Another one...

That moment when you finish the tamer battle, mount up and fly off. Or hearth.

And realize you never turned in the quest.
And to take THAT one one step further..
And realize you never turned in the quest AFTER going back the next day to battle them again and you see the Yellow ? sitting there :oops:

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » January 25th, 2016, 4:57 pm

Not a regular thing at all, but when there was the 10th anniversary, I got my army of Corgis ;), but couldn't join the raid for Hatespark anytime because I hadn't had a lvl 100 character yet -- several causes had contributed to this, like a lack of heirlooms and serious gear (I started in spring '14 and still had a newbie feelings :lol:) but also a bit stranger stuff like a latency in appearance of WoD in the physical game shops.

Though according to my screenshots I still had no WoD even in December, but I guess that was more because of the other expenses incoming. :P Silly me.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 27th, 2016, 3:21 am

I seem to have a lot of these moments...

That moment when you hit 'log off' to switch to your next toon to battle the menagerie...and you remember you didn't heal your team.

And you can't heal within three minutes of logging in, thus wasting three minutes you could have been finishing the fight...
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Paladance

Post by Paladance » January 28th, 2016, 3:10 am

Darolyn wrote:And you can't heal within three minutes of logging in, thus wasting three minutes you could have been finishing the fight...
You can still use the bandages, though! 8-)

I was stashing them like a hamster, but stopped after getting a 1000 of them. :P

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » February 6th, 2016, 6:10 am

You cant pet battle bevause you are stuck in hospital and it feels like you never will again

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » February 6th, 2016, 2:03 pm

Milotha wrote:You cant pet battle bevause you are stuck in hospital and it feels like you never will again
Oh no! Please feel better soon! Your pets miss you!
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 6th, 2016, 3:19 pm

Milotha wrote:You cant pet battle bevause you are stuck in hospital and it feels like you never will again
Read what happened in the other thread, and the whole thing sounds terrifying. I'm so sorry that happened to you. :(

Glad to hear that you're back and working towards recovery though. Get well soon!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Paladance

Post by Paladance » February 7th, 2016, 10:30 am

/hug @Milotha
I've sent a PM.

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » February 7th, 2016, 3:28 pm

Thank you all for the kind words. It has been a tough few weeks and many more to come. I miss my pets. The warm wishes will keep me going in hard times.

Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11384
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ziboo » February 8th, 2016, 3:02 pm

(A good that moment when...)

That moment when, fighting Mr. VonFeasal while Darkmoon Den Mother warning is going off (during prime time so lots of bodies about). Race over there while she has a sliver of life, trying to hit her with my furthest ranged ability to get some xp.

Hit her enough to count and Moon Moon FINALLY drops after all this time. (I have notoriously poor RNG with pet/mount drops!)

Who knew I needed to miss the majority of the fight to get this pet!

Paladance

Post by Paladance » February 8th, 2016, 4:12 pm

Ziboo wrote:(A good that moment when...)

That moment when, fighting Mr. VonFeasal while Darkmoon Den Mother warning is going off (during prime time so lots of bodies about). Race over there while she has a sliver of life, trying to hit her with my furthest ranged ability to get some xp.

Hit her enough to count and Moon Moon FINALLY drops after all this time. (I have notoriously poor RNG with pet/mount drops!)

Who knew I needed to miss the majority of the fight to get this pet!
Congrats. And I know that warning thing too. :lol:

When you have all soulbound items from DMF and they still do appear in the prize packages.
(recently -- A Darkmoon Balloon! :lol:)
My guild bank looks awesome.

When you wait several hours for the Darkmoon Rabbit and all what you manage to do is fishing over 100 daggermaws (what isn't so bad, yup?).

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » February 8th, 2016, 7:39 pm

If we're going into the good moments when, I have a recent one to share.

The other night, I was flying over Skettis, on a toon with 140 fishing and no ability to find pools. I dropped down onto the lower lake, saw one pool up, got Mr. Pinchy on the second cast.

And got a crawdad on the first wish!

Congrats on Moon Moon! (I was gifted one, but have never seen him drop myself)

Paladance

Post by Paladance » February 9th, 2016, 4:16 am

You can believe or not, but my Unborn Val'kyr was caught during a casual leveling in Northrend.
I knew that she's quite a rare, but hadn't known the whole mechanism.
So I didn't even consider how lucky I was that she was also naturally rare! :lol:

I've also caught a wild rare Minfernal -- I still do have a screenshot -- but that was camped, of course. That took about two months, once or two a week. :)

EDIT: Joined from the l25 paladin to Moonfang group for lulz and for ressing people from outside the combat.
And now I have another [pet]Moon Moon[/pet]. :lol: @Darolyn, how dare you!

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » February 9th, 2016, 12:26 pm

Darolyn wrote:If we're going into the good moments when, I have a recent one to share.

The other night, I was flying over Skettis, on a toon with 140 fishing and no ability to find pools. I dropped down onto the lower lake, saw one pool up, got Mr. Pinchy on the second cast.

And got a crawdad on the first wish!

Congrats on Moon Moon! (I was gifted one, but have never seen him drop myself)
Wow how lucky!

It took me forever to get a crawdad to spawn, and I was lucky to get him on the second wish (the first he was angey and chased my little hunter xD )

Stickybuns
Pet Score:8227
Realm:Dalvengyr-us

Post by Stickybuns » February 9th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Milotha wrote:You finish a pet battle with a carry pet and it didn't ding. Then you realize you never subbed it in.
I do that all the time! Also combine this with falling asleep mid battle, in bed, with the laptop on my lap and that's my life.

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » February 9th, 2016, 11:35 pm

Stickybuns wrote:
Milotha wrote:You finish a pet battle with a carry pet and it didn't ding. Then you realize you never subbed it in.
I do that all the time! Also combine this with falling asleep mid battle, in bed, with the laptop on my lap and that's my life.
Mine too...or on the flight path to the next battle. Woke up at 2:50 this morning and remembered that I hadn't done Tarr the terrible...that's 10 minutes to reset. Wondered if I could get there and get it done. Turned in the quest, not ten seconds later, dailies reset. So I did it again.

But today's "That Moment When"... That moment when you hearth back to your garrison after completing your last Draenor Tamer and remember it's Tuesday...the weekly reset. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » February 16th, 2016, 3:17 pm

When during a battle against Ashlei your damage dealer goes away and you have to needle that poor plushie with your carries.

(You manage to beat Tally with DoTs or your carries are strong enough to survive unbuffed stampede and deal that remaining 30 damage ;))

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » February 18th, 2016, 3:16 pm

... you smugly hand in your 10 PvP wins for the week and realise you never picked up the 5-wins quest for the event Purple stone.

Doh!

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » February 18th, 2016, 7:51 pm

Gráinne wrote:... you smugly hand in your 10 PvP wins for the week and realise you never picked up the 5-wins quest for the event Purple stone.

Doh!
At least you end up 5 wins closer to the next PVP achieve you're going for? :)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » February 19th, 2016, 1:14 am

Darolyn wrote:At least you end up 5 wins closer to the next PVP achieve you're going for? :)
Good point! :)