Dark Gazer, a nice strat found

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu
Dark Gazer, a nice strat found

Post by Iibis » November 20th, 2015, 4:00 pm

I usually don't have troubles with Dark Gazer when using the modified Howl Bomb sequence. Tonight Dark Gazer had a nasty 2nd pet, a rare P/P Tree Python. It killed all my pets (Pandaren Water Spirit, Chrominius, Emerald Proto-Whelp) repeatedly and effortlessly. Frustrated, I went to Wowhead and found this strategy by Zlanya:

A [pet]Grotto Vole[/pet] (P/B) can solo the Gazer.
1. [ability]Sting[/ability]
2. [ability]Stampede[/ability]
3. [ability]Scratch[/ability] 2x - Gazer's dead.
4. I continued like usual with Chrominius + Emerald Proto-Whelp.

My H/B Grotto Vole couldn't quite finish it but I wouldn't have had problems continuing with the other two pets. I then did some research with Rematch. The only other pet with that ability combo was [pet]Whiskers the Rat[/pet] which actually worked wonderfully, and it has slightly more hp than a P/B Grotto Vole so that's a nice safety bonus.

[pet]Mouse[/pet], [pet]Carrion Rat[/pet] and [pet]Fjord Rat[/pet] have [ability]Poison Fang[/ability] that might work with a P/B (or P/S) breed, which have the same amount of power as P/B Grotto Vole or Whiskers (273). Then there's [pet]Giant Sewer Rat[/pet] that definitely has power!

I'll be using the strat in the future because it's so fast and seems quite reliable. And because it's nice to also have teams that aren't just PWS+Chrom+EPW. Maybe someone here will like this too! :)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Dark Gazer, a nice strat found

Post by Gráinne » November 20th, 2015, 11:11 pm

I never really bothered with the Tanaan pets; they're not very interesting, since you don't even need different teams for them. My standard is P/B Anklerender + any combination of EPW/Idol. Mirecroak RNG is a nuisance, but I don't think there is an answer for that.

After reading your suggestion, I went up to try it, and found that this works quite well too. The good ol' Bleed & Stampede technique is very reliable. :)

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Re: Dark Gazer, a nice strat found

Post by Milotha » November 21st, 2015, 5:34 am

I use my Wolpertinger with Sleeping Gas on him. Usually takes down the boss and most of the first other pet.