15th (US) /16th (EU) November -- An Ultimate Pets' Day

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu
Re: 15th (US) /16th (EU) November -- An Ultimate Pets' Day

Post by Iibis » November 15th, 2015, 4:33 am

Anyone else here dreading that this is going to be nerfed before it's available in EU? :b (Not to mention I'm probably going to miss the whole damn thing if I get a phone-call and have to just wait at the doctor's for ridiculous amounts of time)

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » November 15th, 2015, 4:47 am

Iibis wrote:Anyone else here dreading that this is going to be nerfed before it's available in EU? :b
I'd, but… Monday is not Sunday.
Most of us probably have something else to do before we can start playing and also the event lasts one hour shorter.
Given that, it's already a bit of nerfed in the comparison. :P

Good luck dear American client users!
By the way, I need to do the PvP quest yet and can't log in. :evil:
Is this what did I resub? :P

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Iibis

Post by Iibis » November 15th, 2015, 5:27 am

Paladance wrote:I'd, but… Monday is not Sunday.
Most of us probably have something else to do before we can start playing and also the event lasts one hour shorter.
Given that, it's already a bit of nerfed in the comparison. :P

Good luck dear American client users!
By the way, I need to do the PvP quest yet and can't log in. :evil:
Is this what did I resub? :P
Hah yeah "luckily" I'm on sick leave at least until Wednesday. :roll:

It's funny how I resubbed after a maybe 8-9 months long break and pretty soon noticed that the game still had server issues with garrisons etc. It was like playing at launch again, nothing had changed. :)

Parfait
Pet Score:3498
Realm:Shattered Hand-us

Post by Parfait » November 15th, 2015, 7:47 am

I figured out Broom is like 4 turns quicker, but Weeb animates longer going to the back line.

On top of the 1->14->20 and 1->15->21. So far I've come to pets just into levels 16,18, and 20 are good levels to do for hat+treat if you are going to use stones afterword. Just into 17 and 19 are great for no treat with hat alone.

So for stone use afterwords:
16->22 w/treat
17->22
18->23 w/treat
19->23
20->24 w/treat

I'll be looking at more optimization as I go.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » November 15th, 2015, 11:10 am

I brought my laptop in to work. I don't start for another hour. How many pets can I level...

I'm just going 1-14, trying to get EVERYTHING I own to 14, so if I don't get to finish everything, at least nothing will be restricted on tamers that can't handle low level carries.

No treats, just safari hat. I have treats I forgot to send over from my main, but decided to borrow a menagerie from group finder so my lowbie alt can get XP. ;)

Edited to add: I've been playing off and on all morning, I have less than 50 pets left at lvl 1, my toon has gained over a level, she's mid-94 now, I'm barely looking at the computer. I stop to take calls, I'm getting all my work done, but I still have one big problem with this.

WHY can't I convince my toon that she doesn't have to cry? Weebom HAS to die for carry to live....it's just the Circle of Life...and I promise, I'll talk to Lio, and Weebom will be RIGHT back....I PROMISE!

She still cries, every single time, and my heart is breaking for her. ;)
Last edited by Darolyn on November 15th, 2015, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Salus
Pet Score:8751
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Salus » November 15th, 2015, 11:54 am

FYI: I averaged about 100 seconds per battle using Broom + Weebomination for over an hour. I think if you're really fast you could average in the low 90s, but I'm slow at the pet switching part.

Hezbor
Pet Score:6898
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Hezbor » November 15th, 2015, 12:26 pm

My goal for the day is about 200 pets to level 23 or 24. Thats where most are ending at using hat+both treats. I have it down to between 95 to 98 secs depending on crits. Between Rematch leveling queue, Pet battle binds and some macros im playing with kb only and binge watching netflix :D.

Parfait

Post by Parfait » November 15th, 2015, 1:13 pm

Tired of this already.. anyone know if Squirt will be around the next pet weekend?

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » November 15th, 2015, 1:44 pm

Parfait wrote:Tired of this already.. anyone know if Squirt will be around the next pet weekend?
IF my calculations are correct, and IF the calendar given on Wowhead for recurring events is accurate, we SHOULD find Squirt in the menagerie, coinciding with Sign of the Critter, on Saturday, February 13, 2016 in the US, which would translate to Sunday, February 14, 2016 for EU, right?

That's some big if's, but I did my best....
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » November 15th, 2015, 2:47 pm

Actually, that's not correct. Since Cata Timewalking is being added as of Tuesday, and will be the next even to start up on Wednesday, that changes where they fall on the current calendars.

Going by the PTR calendar: Dec. 30th, 2015, May 28th, 2016, and Dec. 9th, 2016 (US dates) will be the next times the event coincides with Squirt.

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » November 15th, 2015, 3:09 pm

I tried. I failed, but I tried. Hey, it's one rotation sooner! :)

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » November 15th, 2015, 3:10 pm

Those dates are only barring them not adding additional events in the meantime as well. :p

Gracin
Pet Score:3449
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Gracin » November 15th, 2015, 4:00 pm

Aurae wrote:Actually, that's not correct. Since Cata Timewalking is being added as of Tuesday, and will be the next even to start up on Wednesday, that changes where they fall on the current calendars.

Going by the PTR calendar: Dec. 30th, 2015, May 28th, 2016, and Dec. 9th, 2016 (US dates) will be the next times the event coincides with Squirt.

Ugh, we get two line ups in two months, and then nothing for 5 months, and then nothing for 7? Rawr!!! Well I guess, I know I'll be using the Dec 2016 round to finish any new Legion pets I haven't capped off.

Well, I'll admit I haven't been exactly motivated to level pets today, but for the time I have put in I've done at minimum 40 from 1-25. I'm sure it's more in the 60 range, because I didn't bother to look at my pet journal when I began, so all I can go off of is the "non-duplicate" numbers from my collection on here. I know I've leveled plenty duplicates that I were in my queue that I needed spares/breeds of. Time for a break, and some food and maybe I'll put another hour or two in before I hit the hay.

Parfait

Post by Parfait » November 15th, 2015, 10:02 pm

Can anyone tell me if the site counts duplicate pets in the average pet level? If not I am making slow progress here. :(

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 15th, 2015, 10:05 pm

Parfait wrote:Can anyone tell me if the site counts duplicate pets in the average pet level? If not I am making slow progress here. :(
It does not count duplicate pets at all aside from telling you how many you have and how many total pets you have. Points, average level, etc. are all based on one of each pet.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Smaointe
Top Rater
Pet Score:5505
BattleTag®:Smaointe#2599
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Smaointe » November 16th, 2015, 7:42 am

I know it's kinda late to say, but I found this myself just now :/ I found it anoying to need to click to heal pets :P:P:P (yeah I know I'm lazy, but hey, every second counts today) So i googled nice addon and wanted to share it with fellow nerds in case some of you may not know bout it yet.

The addon is called Stable Master Healer (cannot post links yet, just check it out on curse) and it automatically heals your pets when you interract with stable masters (and Lio/Serr'ah). It doesn't work on hunters tho, and if you want to bypass the addon you need to hold shift (when you want to pick up garrison pet battle daily or buy stones/food buffs/anything else from Lio the Lioness or Serr'ah).
You will also need to rename folder to StableMasterHealer after downloading it for it to work.

Iibis

Post by Iibis » November 16th, 2015, 12:29 pm

Hehe, 178 pets reached max level. :D Still have 18 to go, they're all uncommon so I thought I'd just wait until next event but what the heck, might as well level them and then gather the charms to upgrade.
Last edited by Iibis on November 16th, 2015, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » November 16th, 2015, 5:54 pm

So it is over.

Will keep an eye on the new calendar though!

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507