thoughts on murkidan

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Darkrose8519
Pet Score:5043
Realm:Area 52-us
thoughts on murkidan

Post by Darkrose8519 » October 9th, 2015, 6:54 pm

I know he won't be released for a few weeks yet so just speculating, what does everyone think of his move set? Will he be the powerhouse that other murlocs like last year's blizzcon pet are? Most of his moves seem kind of average to me. Anyone have thoughts on what teams he might work well with?

Maleric
Pet Score:486
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Re: thoughts on murkidan

Post by Maleric » October 10th, 2015, 10:21 am

Murkidan looks like a bad version of Fiendish Imp. Similar moves, but much slower, and Nether Gate is best with high speed.

I guess you could configure it with Eye Beam, Immolation, and Murkmorphosis, which would be a ton of damage. But that would require two rounds of setup on a fairly slow pet, and be pretty vulnerable to evasion/stuns and to pets that can outright kill the Murkidan before it gets many hits off.

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » October 12th, 2015, 1:30 am

I dont think the stats that apper on wowhead are correct, before a pet will come out the stats shown in the site wil always be b/b. So I would wait until murkidan goes live to see its real stats.

Darkrose8519
Pet Score:5043
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Darkrose8519 » October 14th, 2015, 5:41 am

Topaz wrote:I dont think the stats that apper on wowhead are correct, before a pet will come out the stats shown in the site wil always be b/b. So I would wait until murkidan goes live to see its real stats.
Is there any chance the moveset is completely wrong? Just place holders, or just different stat distribution?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 14th, 2015, 8:49 am

Darkrose8519 wrote:Is there any chance the moveset is completely wrong? Just place holders, or just different stat distribution?
With how close we are to Blizzcon and Murkidan's release (less than a month), I doubt that his moveset has any placeholder abilities.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Malibu12s
MVP
Pet Score:3491
BattleTag®:MaxVanquish#1244
Realm:Baelgun-us

Post by Malibu12s » October 14th, 2015, 12:03 pm

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but I'm just not that enthused for Murkidan. Can't really put my finger on why, just not feelin' it. I am however, excited for Brightpaw and Nibbles. I really like those two. Murkidan just seems....meh. (I'm still going to buy the ticket and get him, cause you know...I must collect them all!)

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » October 18th, 2015, 7:08 am

There's the possibility of it being any breed or even having different stat weights - as was the case with Grommloc last year.

If it ends up being speedy (suited for [ability]Nether Gate[/ability]) it'll be a lot like [pet]Fiendish Imp[/pet]; which it'll either outclass, or be outclassed by. Not finding the alternative, [ability]Murkmorphosis[/ability], all that interesting - unless it ends up being H/P or something like that, who can pack a punch and endure for the 5 rounds buff duration. I'll admit that [ability]Eye Beam[/ability] is interesting, as the Humanoid counterpart of [ability]Rampage[/ability].

It doesn't seem overly powerful in any case (the way [pet]Murkalot[/pet] is) or bring any sort of niche utility (in the way [pet]Grunty[/pet] does) so this one will probably be good for collecting value mostly.
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!