Post on Pet Battle Participation

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us
Post on Pet Battle Participation

Post by Milotha » September 27th, 2015, 3:01 pm

Here is an interesting post on MMO Champ about pet battle participation.

[url]http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5157-Armory-Stats-Pet-Battles-Final-Boss-97-Heroes-New-Heroes-Medic-and-Artanis?page=2#comments[/url]

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Post on Pet Battle Participation

Post by Ranok » September 27th, 2015, 3:37 pm

VERY interesting, and I don't feel like such a non-PvP'ing wimp anymore. Thanks for the link.

Crackrock
Top Rater
Pet Score:2965
BattleTag®:Ryan187#1813
Realm:Stonemaul-us

Post by Crackrock » September 28th, 2015, 8:32 pm

Ranok wrote:VERY interesting, and I don't feel like such a non-PvP'ing wimp anymore. Thanks for the link.
Some harsh comments! I hope pvp pet battles will keep getting balanced and moving in a good direction.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » September 28th, 2015, 9:45 pm

Crackrock wrote:Some harsh comments!
That's pretty normal for MMO-C. Outside of class forums, it's quite toxic.

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » September 29th, 2015, 2:13 am

I was more interested in the stats and the difference between pve and pvp pet battles participation. Very rough summary.. looks like about 15% of people collect pets and do pve pet battles, but only about 1% of people do the pvp pet battles beyond getting the Stunted Direhorn.

Here are some more stats below.

[url]http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5160-Armory-Stats-Pet-Battles-Blue-Tweets-Setup-of-the-Month-Heroes-PTR-Updates[/url]

[url]http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5154-Armory-Stats-Battle-Pet-Collection-Tweets-Poll-Overwatch-Gameplay-Video[/url]

[url]http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5157-Armory-Stats-Pet-Battles-Final-Boss-97-Heroes-New-Heroes-Medic-and-Artanis[/url]

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » September 29th, 2015, 3:10 pm

I found the % of people who do some pet pvp to be encouraging.

The 250 wins for the Stunted Direhorn is a significant grind if you are not an avid player...so i wouldnt read anything discouraging there.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » September 29th, 2015, 7:59 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote:The 250 wins for the Stunted Direhorn is a significant grind if you are not an avid player...so i wouldnt read anything discouraging there.
It really is a too long, awful grind. I don't see why it isn't just 100 wins... I mean even Murkimus was only 50 wins :evil:

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » October 2nd, 2015, 10:08 am

This really doesn't surprise me. I am a diehard pet collector and I can't bring myself to suffer through the 250 PvP wins to get the Stunted Direhorn. The PvP battle system to me feels very rock-paper-scissors and is in general, pretty boring. You can't even use your favorite pets or fun themed teams, because their abilities often suck in battles or lack synergy. Plus, there are so many more interesting things to do in WoW, PvP battles are generally at the bottom of my list.

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » October 6th, 2015, 9:05 pm

Man, I knew it was niche - but holy cow, I'm sitting in the <1% zone... :D I'm a super nerd! :D

I unabashedly love pet battling, pvp, pve, you name it, each and every way. ESPECIALLY the collecting. :D

I suggested to the devs on Twitter to add "shiny" wild versions (this is a thing in Pokemon, alternate & unique color variations to wild pets that are 0.08% probability to spawn in the wild) to give us psychos something to do until wow burns out it's servers. :D

They both favorited the tweet 8)

Aranesh
Pet Score:7380
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Aranesh » October 7th, 2015, 5:21 am

I love that idea!
Would give an alternative to increasing the level-cap, which will probably never happen because it would mean to overhaul *everything* or accept that 2 expansions of pet battle additions suddenly become utterly irrelevant.
They could do something like in Hearthstone, "gold" versions of pets that are purely aesthetic, but visible to other players. Oh the possibilities on the AH ! :D