How did your event weekend go?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Terranoch
Top Rater
Pet Score:6026
BattleTag®:Zarach#21291
Realm:The Maelstrom-eu
How did your event weekend go?

Post by Terranoch » August 11th, 2015, 9:19 am

Now that the event is over I was wondering what people are thinking about the event and how did it go for you?

Personally I have leveled 71 pets to 25 and also got my lvl97 mage and lvl96 monk to 100 while leveling my pets. I spent 2-2.5 hours per day on average throughout the event, doing the outland, northrend, cata and mop trainer battles and then leveling for 30-60 minutes in the valley of the four winds.

Llilli
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: How did your event weekend go?

Post by Llilli » August 11th, 2015, 9:26 am

Doh! Wish I had thought of using a leveling toon while doing the pet battles. I *think* I started at 406 pets but I'm not 100% sure. Somewhere in that realm. Now I'm up to 490. Huge weekend! I found that with the buffs available, during DMF I was able to get a lvl 11 to 24.5 with one trainer battle, and lvl 13 without the DMF went to 25. I'm stocking up for the next weekend by just getting my low levels to 13, was so fun to get 25s over and over and over.

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » August 11th, 2015, 9:44 am

It went great for me all, my unique battle pets are now 25. I did the MOP trainer and spirits and MOD trainers over three days. I also should have used the opportunity to level another alt. Was using the DM Faire Pet Battles to nudge a DK along (95 now) but didn't think of the other battles for some reason. D’oh!!

Any chance the non-battle pets could be updated to level 25 as they have already been made rare? Would make the stats look cleaner.

Prior to the next event I just need Blizzard to release loads of pets so I can level those (and level a char or two).

Hopefully others also took full advantage of the buff. :lol:

Peterc

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Jaladar » August 11th, 2015, 9:56 am

I also used a character I was leveling (I usually do this anyway) to battle the Panderia trainers. I discovered on Sunday (no DMF buff) that with the bonus event buff, the Safari hat and a Pet Biscuit (the 10% one) I could go from lvl 15 to 25 in one battle. So basically every fight I was leveling a pet and swapping to another (all of my pets are currently level 25 or level 15). I think the event was a huge success, although I will probably have all my pets leveled before it comes around again.

Jal

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » August 11th, 2015, 12:24 pm

I scored a few, but sadly RL got me tangled up for most of the event :cry:
Hopefully next go round I can clean up some of these lowbies and get them maxxed..

Endaira
Pet Score:13757
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Endaira » August 11th, 2015, 1:07 pm

I think I started around 388 and I got up to 410. Not super productive but I raid on weekends. I did get my druid leveled from 91 to 95 in the process. I've never been good at leveling off of trainers, I usually just run around outside my garrison battling wild pets because I am generally leveling a toon without flying or all the flight paths.

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » August 11th, 2015, 9:15 pm

I didn't do much leveling, I already had over 300 pets at 25 and have slowed down a lot on trying to finish up the rest of my collection. BUT, I did get brave and did try PvP pet battling for the first time - much more enjoyable than I'd expected, and my win rate was pretty good!

Tayla
Pet Score:4136
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Tayla » August 12th, 2015, 3:51 am

i managed to level 34 pets from 1 to 25, and 13 pets that were already in various stages of leveling.

Was pretty sickly, so i didn't really get to level too many, but i'm still pretty proud of what i did get done. Can't wait til the next one. :3

Alkaia
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Alkaia » August 12th, 2015, 4:58 am

Did the MoP / Draenor trainers every day as well as a few wild battles and other trainers.

Got quite a few up to 25 but got loads up into the 20s so I can finish them off with stones / wild battles. Tried to avoid levelling the ones which would hit 25 so not to waste XP.
Got my 99 mage up to 100 and my lock from 91 to 93 in the process as well so happy days.

Still got a lot of pets to get through so looking forward to the next event.

Jadei
Pet Score:2189
Realm:Winterhoof-us

Post by Jadei » August 12th, 2015, 1:16 pm

I'm fairly new to pet battling. About a month ago I got the lanticore spawnling on my daily heroic and decided to use the stone to level it to 25. Then I got my managerie to 3.Then started buying and farming pets for beating the tanaan beasts and to do the celestial tourney. Well I beat it for the first time on Sunday and got Xu-Fu levelled up to 25 on daily trainers right afterwards.

Anyway back to the original topic, I got lots of pets to 25 this past weekend. My favorite spot when I wasn't levelling off dailies was around the nordrassil Inn in Mt hyjal. Using a nexus whelping or 2 along with a carry pet made fights pretty short and levels quick. When the pets got scarce I realm hopped using the cross realm assist add-on. Got ganked while battling on pvp realms a few times lol. I'm at 64 level 25 pets now. Btw jumping realms is a godsend to finding rare pets! Got 2 unborn valkyrs but still need a H/H breed.

I was hesitant to do the weekend pvp pet battle quest but it wasn't too bad. I think it took me about 10 battles to win the 5 I needed. My lineup was unborn Valk, servant of demidos, and nexus whelpling.

Gahtmilch
Pet Score:5205
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Gahtmilch » August 12th, 2015, 2:18 pm

I did nothing but grind pet battles in the Frostfire Ridge with my alliance alt. He went from <L70 to >L88ish.

I got every single one of my pets > L1 (doesn't sound like much, I know, but it's a huge landmark for me) and the majority to L20. Since I do the garrison menagerie every day on 7 alts, I didn't bother to level any of them all the way up to 25. I'll top them off over the next couple of months with menagerie rewards.

Guess the biggest achieve I managed was to break the 4k petscore mark. Other'n that, nothin but lots of pet grindiness. There is something intangible that makes levelling "rabbit" up more of a chore than "Lost Netherpup" or something interesting looking.

Overall, I took more advantage of the bet bonus weekend than all the other "event weekends" combined (which I guess isn't too impressive since I didn't participate in any of the others in the least... outside of the bonus apexis crystals I got by default).

-Gaht

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » August 16th, 2015, 9:30 am

Due to time issues I didn't get past the 5 pvp wins. That went very fast since the event seemed to draw lots of newbies into pvp battles. The queue was quasi instant and I oneshot it.

Malekith
Pet Score:4448
Realm:Los Errantes-eu

Post by Malekith » September 14th, 2015, 4:33 am

I'm everyday leveling pets, but in fact I would must wait to the event weekend. It worths, specially now from Wednesday to Monday. :D

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » September 14th, 2015, 5:40 am

Just 9 days and we get the next leveling event for pets :) Last time went great for me!! I have all pets but 1 at max level, so again I will be leveling the pets i have extra to sell on the AH as level 25s. Its also an awesome way to get the Draenor pet battle monument. Good incentive for me at least ;-)