Bonus weekend: Fastest pet leveling?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Eradicatelol
Pet Score:1854
Realm:Shadowmoon-us
Bonus weekend: Fastest pet leveling?

Post by Eradicatelol » August 8th, 2015, 11:19 pm

I'm not that big into pet battling but I have like 20 level 25 pets.. I've never really known the fastest ways to level pets beside the boring process of leveling them in the vale killing water bugs with flyers.

All I know is I have two pet treats, my hat, and the safari buff, and I don't know the fastest way from here XD

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Re: Bonus weekend: Fastest pet leveling?

Post by Dakaf » August 9th, 2015, 12:20 am

Unfortunately, you picked up on the fastest way. Just put all the bonuses up and keep two level 25's on the team and cycle in a new leveling pet. You shouldn't have to do that many battles to get it to like 22ish. After that, it might be easier to buy the leveling stones from your garrison to finish them off. I do the garrison pet battle nearly every day on nearly every toon that I have. The charms add up quick, and if you buy the bags for 2 charms each, you'll get a TON of stones really quickly!

Since you're leveling up a lot and have all the types to level, the bags are a much better buy than the un-typed leveling stones.

Good luck!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Tchernobogg
Pet Score:2782
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Tchernobogg » August 9th, 2015, 4:27 pm

An added question on this, actually.

Pandaria has the mistfall village for that easy leveling area (leveling pet + flying pets) . Are there any more in Pandaria, and have any been found as equivalents?

Ainsley
Pet Score:8481
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ainsley » August 9th, 2015, 8:37 pm

I've been leveling my pets off the critters surrounding Halfhill and the farmland just to the west of Halfhill. With a beast with Devour, it's been pretty smooth sailing because they're almost always all critters, or sometimes one or two aquatics mixed in there, which go down easy.

Another place is around the old BMAH area up on the Veiled Stair, which also has 100% critters.

All of these areas are super crowded this weekend, though. :( I'm looking for some good pet battle areas in Draenor so I can do some double-duty of leveling pets and getting the achievements/statue. Any ideas?

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » August 10th, 2015, 10:22 pm

To stick with Draenor I've been leveling pets in Frostfire Ridge. In the Northwest section near Bloodmaul Slag Mines - 51.4,21.4 Brenna Skymoor is the Flight Master. If you're alliance it's a haul to get there that's for sure.

However, it's worth it. All the [pet]Icespine Hatchling[/pet] groups in the area can be solo'd by [pet]Feline Familiar[/pet].

Stoneskin, Onyx Bite till close to dead then Devour for a sizable heal. Just time your Devour's and I usually end up at full health at the end of the battle. This allows for 2 carry pets, although not level 1's.

And if you're lucky Gorok will spawn nearby and you'll get a free rare mount. :)

Llilli
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Llilli » August 11th, 2015, 9:20 am

In my experience, leveling up pets on the pet trainers is faster than wild battles, and less tediously grindy. YMMV. If you really despise leveling pets, and just want to level a bunch for an achievement, or the celestial tournament, you might be better off finding some 2 pet strategies, and following the ones you can do, leveling up the ones you need for the others with the ones you can defeat. Once you have your pets high enough, you can start using the charms to buy the xp buff and doing the daily tamer route, I think you can get 4-5 pets to 25 from 1 in a day, doing about an hour's work. IME almost all wild battles usually are stomped by a pair of Nexus Whelps + carry pet. There's also several trainers that you can beat using that combo as well, so they are well worth leveling/stoning. Good luck!