6.2 Elfuego's Tanaan Legends Guide

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Elfuego
Pet Score:3958
Realm:Moon Guard-us
6.2 Elfuego's Tanaan Legends Guide

Post by Elfuego » June 23rd, 2015, 4:46 pm

Had a chance to fight this guy today, a strong opponent! he has an AMAZING debuff that lasts for 9 rounds, the trick is to not let him cast it. Its called [ability]Fel Corruption[/ability].

Felsworn Sentry

My team for him: [pet]Enchanted Broom[/pet], [pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet], and [pet]Harbinger of Flame[/pet].

I started with the Enchanted Broom, and used [ability]Sweep[/ability], As the broom is faster he swaps out to Maggot. The broom is strong against beast so I Charged [ability]Wind-Up[/ability], then used it again. Here is where I paused and took some damage so I could make sure Sweep was off CD. Once sweep had one round left, I used [ability]Batter[/ability]. With maggot down the Sentry returns to play, Sweep him out again. When the Horny Toad enters, I just used batter and charged wind up, so it was ready when Sentry entered the final time. With Toad out. I just ran broom till it was dead. when it went down, I swapped to [pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet]. I got Doom up and popped [ability]Unholy Ascention[/ability]. With it up, I brought in Harbinger of flame. Its just a DPS race at this point, Get [ability]Immolate[/ability] up, then [ability]Conflagrate[/ability] cd ticking, then burn spam to glad =).

Cursed Spirit

Team: Pandaren Water Spirit, [pet]Chrominius[/pet], and [pet]Emerald Proto-Whelp[/pet]

STart with Pandaren Water Spirit and [ability]Guyser[/ability]. From there pop [ability]Healing Wave[/ability]. Round three swap to chrominius. Start with his [ability]Howl[/ability]. After Guyser resolves, pop [ability]Surge of Power[/ability]. Now its just [ability]Arcane Explosion[/ability] Spam. If you have enough life, use Howl again then finish it out. When Chrominius goes down, swap back to the Water Spirit. Start with Healing wave, then just spam Water Jet. When spirit goes down, and Emerald whelp comes in, just bounce between Ancient Blessing, Proto-strike and Emerald Bite. As long asa you stay healed you'll get it.

More to come as I progress thru these fantastic legends!

[profile]Elfuego[/profile]
http://www.wowpetbattle.com
GET OWNED!!

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Re: 6.2 Elfuego's Tanaan Legends Guide

Post by Drudatz » July 1st, 2015, 10:52 am

Elfuego wrote:More to come as I progress thru these fantastic legends!
fantastic? Am I really the only thinking that compared to the mop ones these are terrible and not worth being called legendary? :twisted:

Boshea
Pet Score:5423
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Boshea » July 1st, 2015, 11:52 am

Most of the challenge is from the rng of the back line. A tough rare coming in with the buff can make an easy fight a nightmare. Fen Crabs in particular are brutal regardless of rarity if they have the buff. Moths can be equally frustrating depending on what they roll with abilities (which randomize every pull). Magic, Undead, and Mechanical types are probably the toughest of the legends since they will get a second cast for the buff of against a howl bomb team.

Valianya
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Valianya » August 5th, 2015, 1:17 am

[pet]Harbinger of Flame[/pet] can be replaced by the [pet]Fel Flame[/pet] pet with [ability]Burn[/ability], [ability]Immolate[/ability], and [ability]Conflagrate[/ability]. And Fel Flames are now handily available all over the middle of Tanaan.

Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Klaital » August 5th, 2015, 8:01 pm

I tried one of the tanaan special pets few days ago, this one being the Dark Gazer, after not having really done much battling for awhile, and after lot of failed tactics, I eventually managed to solo it and its two buffed adds with an Emerald Proto-Whelp using Breath, Ancestral Blessing, and Emerald Dream, by simply outhealing the damage it did, as while it does massive amounts of backline damage, its single target damage output is not all that huge for a legendary pet.

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » August 5th, 2015, 10:52 pm

Elfuego, I always enjoy your take on battle strategies!

My standard approach to all of these legendary guys is:
Unborn Val'kyr
Pygmy Direhorn
Emerald Proto-Whelp

Start with Val'kyr -> Doom (shadow slash as needed to burn a turn if legendary has a dodge) -> Unholy Ascension
Swap in Direhorn -> Trihorn Shield -> Stampede
Legendary dies, play out Direhorn until dead, play out Val'kyr through Fel Corruption, if still up can Unholy Ascension or Doom just before she dies.
Proto-Whelp -> Emerald Presence -> Emerald Dream -> Emerald Bite

I like the Direhorn because you get the nice stack in damage boosts from his enrage at low health and shattered defenses. I will substitue Bush Chicken (flock) or Molten Corgi (Puppies of the Flame) as necessary for the aquatic boss and mechanical bosses, respectively. I only found this basic strategy not to work well with Skrillix.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » November 13th, 2015, 1:09 am

I had a HORRIBLE time with the Vile Blood of Draenor tonight. So I came looking for tips, but I had already tried the major teams suggested, and I don't have an Unborn Val'kyr. The backline pets just kept massacring me. So I decided to realm hop until I got better backline pets. On my server, he had two rares behind him, a fen crab and a rat, I think. Just two big blue pets that killed me like five times in a row. So I server hopped, got a gray maggot and a green rat, and done the first time through. Those backline pets make such a difference.

So does flight in Draenor....I've been using my level 95-96 toons to do most of these...get them some XP while getting my little bags of charms, bandages, and no pets. That's right. Not a SINGLE pet has dropped for me yet. Grumble grumble.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » November 13th, 2015, 9:01 pm

Darolyn wrote:I had a HORRIBLE time with the Vile Blood of Draenor tonight. So I came looking for tips, but I had already tried the major teams suggested, and I don't have an Unborn Val'kyr. The backline pets just kept massacring me. So I decided to realm hop until I got better backline pets. On my server, he had two rares behind him, a fen crab and a rat, I think. Just two big blue pets that killed me like five times in a row. So I server hopped, got a gray maggot and a green rat, and done the first time through. Those backline pets make such a difference.

So does flight in Draenor....I've been using my level 95-96 toons to do most of these...get them some XP while getting my little bags of charms, bandages, and no pets. That's right. Not a SINGLE pet has dropped for me yet. Grumble grumble.
All those legendary are all the Same concept.
kill the legendary asap and use a pet who can wait the debuff go away smoothly
blue back line or not.
emerald proto is a perfect candidate for that..... make the figth longer but surely win.....
dont try to jump the gun or the back line will put you back in line :)

for vile i love the standard team : PWS, Emerald proto, Chromi.....
good luck

Gracin
Pet Score:3449
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Gracin » November 14th, 2015, 8:19 pm

It's a little RNG, but I had seen and used(no longer) a strategy for Blood that used an Infinite Whelpling and spammed Sleeping Gas against the Blood. Apparently the blood will never go CC immune to it, so you can't actually put it to sleep for multiple turns in a row. Honestly, it wasn't a horrid strategy, it's just at times because of the RNG I run into problems. Pretty funny chain sleeping and doing good damage to a Terror like that.

Matalin

Post by Matalin » November 16th, 2015, 11:36 pm

I've had great success killing all of the legendaries with these three pets. PWS, Chrominius, and a p/p Emerald proto-drake.

Start with PWS
Round 1: Geyser
Round 2: Whirlpool
Round 3: Swap to Chrominius
Round 4: Howl
Round 5: Surge of Power (Chrominius always dies during the charge up but the legendary is dead as well.)
When you can: Switch to Emerald proto-drake to kill the backline pets.
Keep Emerald presence up. If your health is under 800 cast Emerald dream, otherwise cast breath.

The only problem I ever had was a blue crab with the buff one shotting the emerald proto drake. If this happens, reset the fight and swap you PWS in to take the hit first after Chrom dies and then switch to your drake.

For Mirecroak, you can be polymorphed if this happens, restart the fight.

For Dark Gazer, you can not dothe combo properly. So instead do this.
Round 1: Water Jet
Round 2: Water jet (You get interupted)
Round 3:Water Jet
Round 4: Geyser
Round 5: Whirlpool
Round 6: Swap to Chrominius
Round 7: Howl
Round 8: Surge of Power
When you can: Switch to Emerald proto-drake