one thing I absolutely cannot stand

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us
one thing I absolutely cannot stand

Post by Skavenged » June 1st, 2015, 8:08 am

There is one thing about pet battles that just drives me insane, and it is becoming more and more common. People who realize they are beaten, and then start waiting for the turn timer to nearly expire before choosing an action. I've run into several teams doing this in the past few months, and it is just rude! If you are beaten, just learn from it and move on. You don't have to punish the other player for winning. I'm about 300 away from my 5k PvP wins, and it is already tedious enough without having vindictive opponents intentionally trying to slow the process!!

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: one thing I absolutely cannot stand

Post by FuxieDK » June 2nd, 2015, 12:00 am

They should do like Hearthstone: If time runs out, subsequent turns get shorter and shorter..

I'm 4997 wins from my 5K win pet :(

Myon
BattleTag®:Myon#1319
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Myon » June 2nd, 2015, 3:27 am

FuxieDK wrote:They should do like Hearthstone: If time runs out, subsequent turns get shorter and shorter..
I believe this is already the case actually - it's just not as obvious as in Hearthstone but the timer does get a little shorter. You'll know it's kicking in when your input for the turn starts getting accepted only 10-15 seconds in.

Personally, if I'm in a vindictive mood, I'll usually continue the battle till their last pet is one round off from dying and then AFK back at them - they can either come back and do something upon which I'll finish them off, or manually flee. Either outcome is good, as you've denied them an exit on their terms, it's the principle of the thing :D

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » June 2nd, 2015, 7:35 am

FuxieDK wrote:They should do like Hearthstone: If time runs out, subsequent turns get shorter and shorter..

I'm 4997 wins from my 5K win pet :(
The teams I'm seeing are not letting the timer expire. They are simply waiting until it is ALMOST expired, and then selecting their action. That way the the turn timer never gets shorter. One of them actually runs a team of three Elekk Plushies: magic pets that can do no damage, but have massive health pools. If you hit him with shattered defenses to speed up the process, he will swap that one out.

I've started using the Zandalari Raptors when he shows up. Black Claw and hunting party seems to be the best way to speed up the process