Pet speed

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Ea
Pet Score:1137
Realm:La Croisade écarlate-eu
Pet speed

Post by Ea » May 30th, 2015, 6:34 pm

Hello :)

I would just like to know if there is an ability that do increased damage based on the speed of the pet (for exemple, if the pet is faster it deals more damage, or a damage attack based on the speed number for instance).

Also, where can I find this kind of list, and where can I search an ability by researching a term on the description (without having to ctrl+f on each of the 20 pages) ?

Thank you

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Re: Pet speed

Post by Flohsakk » May 31st, 2015, 6:12 am

You can try the Smart Pet Search on top of the page and use the ability tag filters "best when first" or "best when last". Of course you get a lot of pets there but few abilities that benefit from being faster or slower than your opponent...

examples:

Counterstrike -> slower pet (because you want to take a hit first for the additional damage)
Tail Sweep - slower pet (hits harder then)
Flurry/Alpha Strike - faster pet (for 1 additional hit)

Vevy
Pet Score:1959
Realm:Garrosh-us

Re: Pet speed

Post by Vevy » May 31st, 2015, 10:31 pm

Many pets have an ability that reads "Hits an additional time of the user attacks first." The Nightshade Sproutling comes to mind. Many flying pets have Alpha Strike, a skill that does extra flying damage if the user attacks first.

To state the obvious, in most cases, the attacker with the higher attack speed will attack first and will therefore benefit from the secondary damage these skills offer. However, against an enemy like Trunks, the pet, or spells like Surge, speed does not determine the pet that goes first, thereby negating the usual benefit these skills bring to the table.