The Search For Equilibrium and The Perfect Team

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Re: The Search For Equilibrium and The Perfect Team

Post by Wootzy » August 3rd, 2016, 10:23 am

Obvious choice would be Dread Hatchling with Anzu Blessing, or the Jungle Beak with Rain Dance.
But Consume Corps under Darkness? Only Doom Bloom isn't affected by it.

Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Logansfury » August 3rd, 2016, 12:28 pm

Wootzy wrote:Obvious choice would be Dread Hatchling with Anzu Blessing, or the Jungle Beak with Rain Dance.
But Consume Corps under Darkness? Only Doom Bloom isn't affected by it.
It certainly doesn't seem optimal, the only synergy is in the multiple Call Darknesses to ensure best conditions for Noc Strike. Its a swap heavy team, ive managed several Consume Corpse-cast-twice fights.

It reminds me of the teams youd see in last meta where 3 tier 1 pets were teamed. No real synergy to speak of, just 3 powerful pets that tended to outsolo most other pets.

I honestly cant remember if I got this lineup from a Disco or Hirus post, or if I just grabbed a Consume Corpse pet on my own based on Disco's accolade of the power of CC (he always said Skull Toss, Grave Destruction and Consume Corpse was the better build for Graves compared to Skull Toss, Grave Destruction and BONESTORM) and tossed that in with a 2-pet Darkness foundation to see if it would give me the option of another effective team.

All I can say is in my limited testing, its done well (7 wins, 0 losses, 0 draws)

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » August 3rd, 2016, 5:34 pm

Ok I understand now. Not really my style, but I see what you mean.
I have lot's of darkness teams in my rotation, my latest that's doing well is the Bone Serpent with two Elementals.

I've came up with a Darkness team to counter Kid, Imp, Teroclaw: Bone Serpent, Widget Departed and a ninja Fox. The plan is to get the undead cat buffed by Dazzling Dance and Spectral Strike by Darkness. Not 100% proof, but so much fun if you pull it of against that ugly bird. :mrgreen:

Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Logansfury » August 3rd, 2016, 6:28 pm

Excellent counter suggestions for Teroclaw, thank you!

Im going to be sure to get these teams loaded and saved into my counters tab.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » August 4th, 2016, 5:07 am

I wonder if it's about time to include pets from Legion into this jigsaw puzzle set, even though you can't practice them yet.

I've been being afraid of [pet]Broot[/pet] for ages. Skip the [pet]Blossoming Ancient[/pet] resemblance, it can be far worse! :roll:

[pet]Nightmare Whelpling[/pet] seems interesting against non-elementals as (unless it's changed) can reduce healing to 0. Being resistant to flight attacks, it'd be a nice Teroclaw hunter. :)
([pet]Nightmare Treant[/pet] with identical combo could annoy mechs with [ability]Repair[/ability] in PvE.)

Of course, we aren't sure about breeds yet even if we consider beta info.
If my beloved (even though they've made the Frenzy unplayable :evil:) [pet]Enchanted Pen[/pet] can't be S/S or P/S, I refuse to buy the expansion! :lol:
Last edited by Paladance on August 4th, 2016, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » August 4th, 2016, 2:40 pm

Battle of the Elements: I like to see Broot go head to head against Nightmare Treant, and Sunflower against Nightmare Lasher! The sky will fall upon us. :lol:

Virgilioar
MVP
Pet Score:8571
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Virgilioar » August 24th, 2016, 2:44 pm

Logansfury wrote:Hey Virgil,

I just completed my 1000 wins achieve. I managed to use the Hannibal Express team you gave me 69 times, finishing the achieve with it. Record at this point:

Wins: 52 75.4%
Losses: 16 23.2%
Draws: 1 1.4%

Thank you so much! This team has become one of my most fun teams to play, I don't know how ill ever repay you! :)
Congrats! Let me know anytime in game for battles, no greater pleasure than an awesome fight!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Wootzy wrote:Hi guys,

SOo...bye bye Graves :mrgreen: ..the pvp queue did changed after the undead nerf, don't you think? How are you'll doing?

For sure the combination of Ghastly Kid, Fiendish Imp and Teroclaw Hatching is even stronger. I bet some of us play that team regular by now. Let me ask: what would be the perfect counter?

Darkness teams are going strong too. I'm having fun with Frostfur Rat, Ruby Droplet, Nightshade Sproutling, Ghastly Kid, Bone Serpent, Jademist Dancer. Elemental pets in general are fairing better, or so I feel.

Still haven't found what I'm looking for, but I'm liking Bloss.Ancient (with Autumn Breeze), and Vengeful Porcupette together (for coverage and the beast racial). What third pet would make it "perfect" as far as it goes?
And don't say that ugly bird Teroclaw! ;)
[pet]Graves[/pet] HAS FALLEN!! Try using [pet]Murkidan[/pet] in place of [pet]Fiendish Imp[/pet] alongside [pet]Ghastly Kid[/pet] and [ability]Nightshade Sproutling[/ability] with:

[ability]Eye Beam[/ability]
[ability]Immolation[/ability]
[ability]Nether Gate[/ability]

You have to be more technical but the damage output is higher allowing you to burst down the DoT counters and heavy heal teams.

As for your other team I would maybe consider a Flying type pet maybe a P/P [pet]Bloodbeak[/pet] with [ability]Rain Dance[/ability] and [ability]Nocturnal Strike[/ability]. This would give you a good damage output alternative since the other two pets are relatively low damage.

Biscuit wrote:Not exactly a "perfect" counter to Virgil's team of Kid, Imp & Nightshade Sproutling, but 3 P/P Emperor Crabs would give this team a very, VERY hard time.

-The Kid becomes virtually useless thanks to aquatic racial.
-Shell Shield mitigates the Imp's backline heals.
-Shell Shield will also make the Sproutling hit like a pillow.
-Surge will guarantee you hit before Gate and/or Blind.
-Surge will prevent the Sproutling's Lash from proccing a 3rd hit.
-Surge will also hit the NSS like a truck.
-Blinded? No biggie. Just use that moment to refresh shield and heal.

I dare to say that's an unwindable match-up for the Imp team.
First of all, the triple [pet]Emperor Crab[/pet] team gives me nightmares. Unless the opponent is specced incorrectly or not familiar with strategy, this is impossible to beat. Correct spec and traits? All three [pet]Emperor Crab[/pet]s must be P/P and have:

[ability]Surge[/ability]
[ability]Healing Wave[/ability]
[ability]Shell Shield[/ability]

The only counter strategy here for EQUILIBRIUM is to:

1) Use [pet]Ghastly Kid[/pet] to lower an enemy using [ability]Hoof[/ability] and only use [ability]Haunt[/ability] when opponent's Crab is healing or putting up the shield as a swapping mechanism.

2) Use the [pet]Fiendish Imp [/pet] to lower then [ability]Nether Gate[/ability] swap the opponent's Crab before or on the round the opponent uses [ability]Healing Wave[/ability]. It is also important to face high HP Imp against 2 mid to low HP Crabs. The idea is that if you swap out the Crab #1 at about 500HP and in comes Crab #2 at 250HP you then have two hits where opponent is forced to [ability]Surge[/ability] since he will be burned next round (assuming Imp can survive the [ability]Surge[/ability]). Here is where you juke and instead Swap to [pet]Nightshade Sproutling[/pet]. In other words it's important to learn how to force the Crab to [ability]Surge[/ability] instead of use an available heal so you can delay the heal.

3) With [pet]Nightshade Sproutling[/pet] only [ability]Blind[/ability] AFTER the opponent uses [ability]Healing Wave[/ability] or [ability]Shell Shield[/ability] and use this as a chance to swap to the Imp or Kid.

Logansfury wrote:
Biscuit wrote:Not exactly a "perfect" counter to Virgil's team of Kid, Imp & Nightshade Sproutling, but 3 P/P Emperor Crabs would give this team a very, VERY hard time.

-The Kid becomes virtually useless thanks to aquatic racial.
-Shell Shield mitigates the Imp's backline heals.
-Shell Shield will also make the Sproutling hit like a pillow.
-Surge will guarantee you hit before Gate and/or Blind.
-Surge will prevent the Sproutling's Lash from proccing a 3rd hit.
-Surge will also hit the NSS like a truck.
-Blinded? No biggie. Just use that moment to refresh shield and heal.

I dare to say that's an unwinnable match-up for the Imp team.
Ive at least 2 maxed rare PP Emp Crabs but I think the third I keep in my stable is HH for tanking. Im at a point where I need to hold some pets in my bags to have more than 3 of certain pets, and max up and level 4th and 5ths of certain pets to cover various strategies.

All my 3 Bone Serpents are HH but I may need to backpack some of those and level up some power and speed breeds to have the roster to try some experiments I see going on out there on my own. No way do I want to release or destroy pets ive trained up, so in some cases with pets that cant be caged I may feel stuck with the 3 ive got.

Do you see any viability to a triple crab team beyond the specific counter to Virgil's team?
I don't like to stack Types unless it has a Type changing move like [ability]Nature's Ward[/ability]. For example, I could pair up a [pet]Fawn[/pet] with [ability]Frostfur Rat[/ability] and still benefit from [ability]Refuge[/ability]. As for triple [pet]Emperor Crab[/pet]s, I would probably try something like

[pet]Emperor Crab[/pet]
[pet]Fiendish Imp[/pet] or [pet]Ore Eater[/pet]
[pet]Blossoming Ancient[/pet]

The only issue I have with three pets of the same Type is one pet could do irreparable damage so long as the opponent uses it correctly.

Wootzy wrote:Ok I understand now. Not really my style, but I see what you mean.
I have lot's of darkness teams in my rotation, my latest that's doing well is the Bone Serpent with two Elementals.

I've came up with a Darkness team to counter Kid, Imp, Teroclaw: Bone Serpent, Widget Departed and a ninja Fox. The plan is to get the undead cat buffed by Dazzling Dance and Spectral Strike by Darkness. Not 100% proof, but so much fun if you pull it of against that ugly bird. :mrgreen:
Here I would focus on keeping the Fox out of the game and heavy damage with [pet]Ghastly Kid[/pet]. If the Fox uses speed buff, it will cost him at least half of his HP

[ability]Nether Gate[/ability]+ [ability]Burn[/ability] (assuming opponent swaps Fox back in) + [ability]Burn[/ability]

This is still a tricky comp with the double Undead Type.

Biscuit wrote:
Wootzy wrote:I've came up with a Darkness team to counter Kid, Imp, Teroclaw: Bone Serpent, Widget Departed and a ninja Fox. The plan is to get the undead cat buffed by Dazzling Dance and Spectral Strike by Darkness. Not 100% proof, but so much fun if you pull it of against that ugly bird. :mrgreen:
Not bad at all.
325 Fox has always been my favorite Teroclaw counter.
I usually pair it up with a 325 [pet]Slithershock Elver[/pet] and a 325 [pet]Bronze Whelpling[/pet] if I'm specifically trying to murder that bird.
I played this after reading it here and swapped the [pet]Bronze Whelpling[/pet] for a [pet]Fiendish Imp[/pet]. So much fun..

Paladance wrote:I wonder if it's about time to include pets from Legion into this jigsaw puzzle set, even though you can't practice them yet.

I've been being afraid of [pet]Broot[/pet] for ages. Skip the [pet]Blossoming Ancient[/pet] resemblance, it can be far worse! :roll:

[pet]Nightmare Whelpling[/pet] seems interesting against non-elementals as (unless it's changed) can reduce healing to 0. Being resistant to flight attacks, it'd be a nice Teroclaw hunter. :)
([pet]Nightmare Treant[/pet] with identical combo could annoy mechs with [ability]Repair[/ability] in PvE.)

Of course, we aren't sure about breeds yet even if we consider beta info.
If my beloved (even though they've made the Frenzy unplayable :evil:) [pet]Enchanted Pen[/pet] can't be S/S or P/S, I refuse to buy the expansion! :lol:
[pet]Broot[/pet]
[pet]Graves[/pet]
[pet]Celestial Calf[/pet]

I am just glad the Calf and Graves were not out together!