MORTAL COMBAT! Crucia invites you to Round Two... FIGHT!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Crucia_moonglade
Pet Score:3057
Realm:Moonglade-eu
MORTAL COMBAT! Crucia invites you to Round Two... FIGHT!

Post by Crucia_moonglade » April 3rd, 2015, 11:51 am

Ladies and Gentlemen! Goblins and Moocows! Introducing, the new, the exciting, the s-pet-actular! It's -
Crucia's Pet Battle Tournament EU! *crowd cheering noises*

Following on from Awq's PBT back in February, which can be found here: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12991, I am creating another one here on the EU servers! I would like to extend an invite to you all in the EU to join in and win! Find out how you can take part, what rules and what prizes we have right here!

What is the Tournament?
It is what you think it is: A tournament, set up in a knockout-round format, where people battle each other until there is a winner! As with all tournaments, there will be some rules, which I will cover later.

Who can take part?
As long as you are on the EU servers and have 9 (or more) level 25 battle pets, then you qualify to take part!*
It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or an expert pet battler, you are more than welcome to join in the fun and, who knows, you might get lucky and win a prize!
(*Recommended to have 9 x level 25 blue pets. Minimum level is 22 with any rarity)

Where will it be held?
Moonglade - EU Horde; Orgrimmar
If you do not have a character on Moonglade, The Sha'tar or Steamwheedle Cartel, fear not: You can simply make a level one character on ANY of these 3 servers to take part.*

When will it be held?
18th April 2015 @ 16.00 Servertime, Orgrimmar.

How do I join?
Similar to Awq's, you will need to submit your team to me here on:

crucia.moonglade@gmail.com

Again, a slight difference is that you do not submit 3 separate teams, rather, you submit 9 pets you wish to use the entire tournament, with revivals being allowed between rounds (One fight is 1/3 a round. One full round is a best of 3 format) NO duplicate pets!

Example

Name: Crucia
Chosen pets: Unborn Val'kyr, Chrominius, Pandaren Water Spirit, Stormwing, Ethereal Trader, Cinder Kitten, Egbert, Argi and Feline Familiar
Realm: Moonglade
It is encouraged that you use blue, level 25 pets, but the choice is honestly yours, and that you try to vary your team to combat different pet setups.

Rules
Players must play on the EU.
Players must submit their 9 pets AT THE LATEST by 12.00 midday server time on the 18th - 2 hours before we start. Late entries may not be permitted.
In the event of an odd number, I will drop out of the tournament.
Use of Revive Pets when not permitted will see you having to play with a handicap the next fight, meaning you have to battle the next fight using a level one pet.
Players must use each of the 9 pets during the tournament AT LEAST once, if possible.
Players must use pets that are at least level 23.
All pets, minus Willy, are allowed. ;)
But, NO duplicate pets!
Lastly, and perhaps most importantly:
Swearing, name calling, racist/sexist remarks etc will not be tolerated; you will get one warning ONLY before being kicked out and forfeiting any prizes you may be entitled to. As before, it is about a bit of fun, meeting new people, and hopefully making new friends. On top of that, I hope to make this a regular thing, monthly or even more frequent, too.

Format
Now, here is where the rules will differ from Awq's. Whilst the battles will follow fixed rules still, of course, please note the following changes:

Matches
Once I have received all the teams, I will work out setting up who plays who. The games are simple, using an "X" number of teams, single elimination tournament bracket.
Example:
[url=http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/Crucia_Moonglade/media/Tourney%20copy_zpsjlz39bwu.jpg.html]Image[/url]

To continue the example;
Jaina won fight 1 against Thrall. Not being able to revive pets, Thrall swapped in 3 new pets.
Jaina swapped out one, dead pet, and continued using 2 others from round one, but Thrall hit back and won round 2.
Round 3, Both Thrall and Jaina used new pets. Jaina won, which meant she progressed to the next round against Arthas. Before fighting Arthas, Jaina was allowed to use revive pet and have a full selection of her 9 chosen pets to choose from again.

So, a knockout tournament as above would declare Jaina the eventual winner - this is exactly how our tournament will run, therefore you had best pick a strong team! :)

This format will be based on a best of three wins. You cannot use revive pet between fights, but you CAN swap pets if you wish (which is why you must submit a team of 9 in total, and use ONLY these 9 in the entire tournament - this WILL be checked each fight; anyone found using unnamed pets/teams will forfeit their current fight).

A full round of fights should not last longer than 15 minutes in total (averaging 5 minutes per fight). Measures will be taken to try and prevent overly-long fights. Players who simple use avoidance, dmg-reductions etc will be asked to fight or leave - it is meant to be a pet battle tournament, not a pet-lets avoid everything and hit them once tournament!

Rewards

There are prizes to be won for the top 3; in a change from naming the prizes in order, you will be able to choose 1 pet from a pool of 5. Firstly, the following pets to be won will be:

Elekk Plushie (Lvl 1, white)
Feline Familiar (Lvl 25, Blue)
Young Talbuk (Lvl 1, Blue)
Sprite Darter Hatchling (Lvl 25, Blue)
Pandaren Air Spirit (Lvl 2, Blue)

So, if you come 1st, you can pick one pet form these five, 2nd place gets to choose one pet from the remaining four, and 3rd gets to choose one pet from the last three.

I did it this way because people may want to purposely come 2nd place to get a pet the don't have, therefore this way creates a bit more "umph" to win!

To finish off, this is the first tournament I have organised. There are bound to be kinks to iron out and what not, but I hope that we create a fun event with little (or no!) problems, and no arguing along with honest people!

- Crucia

Crucia_moonglade

Re: MORTAL COMBAT! Crucia invites you to Round Two... FIGHT!

Post by Crucia_moonglade » April 4th, 2015, 12:24 pm

A little "bump" here: Only had one email so far! Sure there is plenty of time, and with it being Easter weekend perhaps many are away with family :)

But, just a nudge to remind you to gather your team and email them to me please :)

- Crucia

Crucia_moonglade

Post by Crucia_moonglade » April 6th, 2015, 5:37 pm

Hello all, I hope you have had a nice Easter break, whether you celebrate it or not, I am sure you enjoyed time off at least ^^

I still have only received one email submission for this tournament! I am hoping that, as the Easter weekend has ended now, others will start to join in as they may not have been around.

Don't forget, whilst you have up until 1 hour before the event starts, its going to be really useful to have people signed up well in advance - I dont want to have to cancel the event :(

Best wishes!

-Crucia

Sinamor
Pet Score:9041

Post by Sinamor » April 8th, 2015, 10:34 am

Great initiative, Crucia! I should be able to make it, but until I am absolutely sure, I won't submit a team.

Crucia_moonglade

Post by Crucia_moonglade » April 14th, 2015, 4:17 pm

Hello all!

Over the last couple of weeks, I have gained a fair bit of interest in this tournament.
However, I am sad to say that I have had only 2 applicants to participate!

If you are interested in taking part in a fun pet battle event this Saturday, please send me an email to:
crucia.moonglade@gmail.com

If you have already applied but have not had a reply, please double check you have mailed the correct address!

To see the rules and what info you need to email me please check the post - all rules etc are right here. If the event fails to get more than 6 people total, I will have to postpone the event for another time.

Thanks, best wishes, and hope to hear from more of you guys soon!!

-Crucia

Crucia_moonglade

Post by Crucia_moonglade » April 17th, 2015, 8:37 am

Sadly, this event is now CANCELLED.

I had only one person sign up via the email address. Perhaps I will create it again for another time.

Pettea
Pet Score:2181
Realm:Ahn'Qiraj-eu

Post by Pettea » April 18th, 2015, 8:47 pm

Crucia_moonglade wrote:Sadly, this event is now CANCELLED.

I had only one person sign up via the email address. Perhaps I will create it again for another time.
It sounded like fun, I don't check these forums very frequently though.

Perhaps, should you try again, also make a posting on pvppetbattles.com, has a healthy community of active pvp battlers, maybe you can get Discodoggy to make you a whole topic.