My current strategy works like this:
1) Fight the menagerie, get 8-10 tokens.
2) Fight Erris, get 3 leveling stones. Standard 2-pet strategy, with a lower level getting a boost.
3) Fly to Talador, fight Taralune for tokens. 2-pet strategy to let a lower-level... you get the hint.
4) Feather to Vesharr for tokens and 2-pet strategy.
5) Return to the menagerie. Buy lesser and greater pet treats.
6) Fly to Frostfire. Pop treats, fight Gargra.
7) Garristone home, race to Ashlei. Here, I use the Clockwork Gnome+2 low levels.
8) Hearth to Shrine. Begin standard Pandaria Tour of the various trainers. (Earth Spirit, Yon, Fore Spirit, Zuushi, Shu, Water Spirit, Mo'ruk, Nishi, Aki, (hearthstone) Air Spirit, Hyuna.
9) With a few minutes left, I Potion of Deepholm myself to Bordin Steadyfist for one last lesser pet leveling bump.
10) Proceed to use extra pet charms to buy leveling stones, apply as needed.
11) If needed, I'll saunter out to smack around Tarr or Cymre, but they're optional in my book.
On an average day, that nets me 5-7 max level pets, plus a smattering of blue stones and Pandaren spirits. (Speaking of which, I have a surplus of both.)
I have just around 100 pets to finish leveling, ranging from 6 to 17, so fighting in the wild is... tedious.