Flawless Battle-stone

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Ironwolfe
MVP
Pet Score:9856
Realm:Garona-us
Re: Flawless Battle-stone

Post by Ironwolfe » March 22nd, 2015, 8:33 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote:You really seem to be doing things right!

If collecting wild pets matters to you..rather than backtrack for rares later, just grab them as you level a toon through a zone..some people have differing opinions on this approach but I didn't enjoy re-hunting for rares..even as a druid

Pandaria tamer dailies will generate 1 to 2 stones per day but always get your pet charms and Erris battle xp and stones to help level your squad

Nice meeting you in game..keep on improving your collection ..its evident that you like your pets :mrgreen:
Tekulve
Thank you so much for your help, support and advice, it's all been greatly appreciated, you really made my day.

I don't mind backtracking, but I have characters starting in their 20's and they all like pet battles :D they've upgraded a few uncommons to rares today.

I found 2 Val'kyrs today, but both poor and both H/H which I already have, so I flew around to the other spawning spots and told the people waiting there which spot had one; hope they of them got them. :)

I'll have to go to Pandaria to start doing those dailies, and I won't forget the garrison each day, they were a good learning experience and a lot of fun.

And likewise to the meeting you in game, you opened up a whole new area of the pets to me! :)

Celya
Top Rater
Pet Score:4103
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Celya » March 23rd, 2015, 12:16 pm

Ironwolfe wrote:the only 3 pets I had at level 25 (to be honest they were only level 21 at the time) were my Cat, Stinker and Mechanical Axebeak... they lost dismally. So I hurried to get them all to level 25 thinking that they'd be awesome, because I've thought they've been awesome since level 1... again we tried but they lost to those 2 boars as though they were children against real warriors.
For what it's worth, although not exactly omg-gotta-level-ASAP-awesome, both a Cat and a Mechanical Axebeak are in my opinion solid pets to have in your early stable. The cat (I'm assuming it's a standard Cat) will, regardless of its breed, have a lot of strong anti-critter moves and a self-heal which helps a LOT in wild battles, especially if you aren't yet drowning in those bandages (tangent: btw, can we have a mummy pet to trade in for bandages, similar to the dust bunny concept mentioned in the other thread?). The Mechanical Axebeak is a fast Decoy-using pet, which also helps if you want to swop in a lower-health pet to get its xp without actually taking a hit, especially in wild areas with a lot of aquatic pets.

My own first lvl 25 pets were... not very useful, and it cost me going back aways to fix it (my Mini Mindslayer was a present from a loved one, and my Softshell Snapling was one I caught in rare quality at lvl 23, and my poor Adder is just... not used a lot anymore).

Don't worry too much about breeds, as you get more into things you'll figure out what you prefer and why. Don't use too many stones until you're comfortable about that though - don't want to end up with a ton of regrets!

And have fun :)

Stinker deserves to be levelled cause he's just... that... cool.

Ironwolfe
MVP
Pet Score:9856
Realm:Garona-us

Post by Ironwolfe » March 23rd, 2015, 2:43 pm

Celya wrote:For what it's worth, although not exactly omg-gotta-level-ASAP-awesome, both a Cat and a Mechanical Axebeak are in my opinion solid pets to have in your early stable. The cat (I'm assuming it's a standard Cat) will, regardless of its breed, have a lot of strong anti-critter moves and a self-heal which helps a LOT in wild battles, especially if you aren't yet drowning in those bandages (tangent: btw, can we have a mummy pet to trade in for bandages, similar to the dust bunny concept mentioned in the other thread?). The Mechanical Axebeak is a fast Decoy-using pet, which also helps if you want to swop in a lower-health pet to get its xp without actually taking a hit, especially in wild areas with a lot of aquatic pets.

Stinker deserves to be levelled cause he's just... that... cool.
Well, Cat (yes, the one beside the cat ladies house near Goldshire), Stinker and Axebeak are all level 25 and still my go to team when we're out hunting for new pets... Though they were not able to take on the boars at the garrison, they've handled themselves like champions every time..

and you're right, Stinker is just that cool!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your advice, I won't waste any of them.