S/S RABBIT, P/P MOTH & a blight hawk - what to change

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Yannock
Pet Score:2074
Realm:Turalyon-eu
S/S RABBIT, P/P MOTH & a blight hawk - what to change

Post by Yannock » March 10th, 2015, 5:28 am

Hi I'm look for some advice from the vet' PVP battlers out their. I'm having some great success with the team above in PVP. But I like to mix it up a little by changing one of the pets. Which one would you change and why. As always thanks for you advice and support.

Yarl
Pet Score:5773
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Re: S/S RABBIT, P/P MOTH & a blight hawk - what to change

Post by Yarl » March 10th, 2015, 9:34 am

I've used [pet]Abyssius[/pet] with immolation, scorched earth, and volcano with other 'burny' pets with ok results.

So volcano -> immolation -> scorched earth -> swap to back row. Scorched earth hurts him.

I totally see volcano being nerfed, it appears to stun a lot.

Celya
Top Rater
Pet Score:4103
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Celya » March 16th, 2015, 7:19 am

I'm *not* a vet pvp battler, but I have been thinking about your question and want to make a suggestion towards something almost like an answer.

It seems to me that your current team would do well because it is based around three pets that are very strong on their own, not because of synergy or some specific tactic needed for success every time, and also because you have a decent variety of attack types. As such, if you want to change things around a bit, maybe just try rotating in other different strong pets. For example, drop your moth for a different bird, such as a junglebeak, which shouldn't be too strange for you at first to adjust to (still a hard-hitting flier) but which has different abilities to play around with.

Alternatively, split them up and make 3 different teams, each one with one of the pets that you are familiar with. Make a bleeding-synergy team with your rabbit, or a clonedance team with your blighthawk, and see how that goes.

Really, since this game doesn't track losses, there's no need to be scared of experimenting.

In case, of course, you really really really don't like losing, in which case, ignore what I said! ;)

Amgesan
Pet Score:2897
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Amgesan » March 20th, 2015, 5:14 pm

Celya wrote: Alternatively, split them up and make 3 different teams, each one with one of the pets that you are familiar with. Make a bleeding-synergy team with your rabbit, or a clonedance team with your blighthawk, and see how that goes.

Really, since this game doesn't track losses, there's no need to be scared of experimenting.
Totally agree with experimenting. Even if you're going for an achievement it makes a nice change to try finding a new combo. If I get beat with an experimental team I'll switch to one of my 'mains' and insta-requeue in the hope of getting them again.