Pet observations 6.1

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Pet observations 6.1

Post by Luciandk » February 25th, 2015, 7:35 pm

Lets share what we have found so far:

[pet]Grotesque[/pet], its powerful selfheal Stoneform is appearently bugged badly. Getting self stunned by Stone Form breaks the healing and you get only one turn of healing from it, and becomming able to act again on next turn. With no more heals on the following turns.

But putting down Arcane storm before hand. the powerful heal lasts for 3 turns as expected. But despite having Arcane Storm up, you will be unable to act for 3 turns. Despite the stun being removed.
Last edited by Luciandk on February 25th, 2015, 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Re: Pet observations 6.1

Post by Drudatz » February 25th, 2015, 8:35 pm

Sandstorm, not blocking any damage at all.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » February 25th, 2015, 8:36 pm

I got more XP off Tarr than before. My level 23 pet should have gotten 1848, it got over 2400 and reached level 25. So maybe he was brought in line with the other tamers?

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » February 25th, 2015, 8:55 pm

The Fragments: Ive aquired and leveled all 3 of the Fragments.
They have truly gorgeous looks and the fragment of anger have a quite eyecatching death animation. the other 2 is fairly plain in comparission when dying.

Out of the 3, Fragment of Suffering feels like the weakest one of the bunch. Its slot 2 move is particularilly uninspired. 2 same school moves that is a clone of each other. But Spiritfire Bolt and Soul Rush saves it from mediocrity with its undead status.

Next one up is Fragment of Desire. It feels like it could have potential in pvp. Having an above average speed of 289, a block move and a choice between a stunproc attack or a guaranteed sleep cc. Out of all the fragments, it can best take advantage of Soul Rush due to its speed. Plus being the everpopular undead.

Finally we look at Fragment of Anger. Powerful indeed, packing the previously bosspet only move of Spiritfire Beam, a very potent aoe damage spell that hits the main target and the backrow for 231 damage with a 3 turn cd. But the damage is not split like Bonestorm. So the angry one should be an opening pet.

Anger also packs the new buffmove Enrage, a nocd buff lasting 1 turn that makes your next attack do 100% increased damage, but you also take 50% additional damage. Only move its worth using on is Soul Rush, elsewise it feels like a fairly dead button, as you could simply cast spiritfire bolt twice and not take additional damage. So spiritfire beam feels like the far stronger move, and you can expect to roughly be able to cast it twice before you go down.

Anger is clearly my favorite out of the 3 Fragments.

Edit1:
Chaos pup: Seems a little underwhelming, its combo of Dreadful Breath and Enrage is not working that well. Enrage will only buff the first tick of DB and in turn make it a lot easier for you to go down before you can finish the channel due to the increased damage taken. And as stated earlier. Enrage is only worth using if you can chain it with a high damage move, as the oppurtunity cost and highened self damage is just too much.

Taerie
Pet Score:4641
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Taerie » February 26th, 2015, 1:04 pm

^ I adore the fragments! They look stunning. If someone could figure out their synergy and plan out a pvp team I would use them all day long =D
I'm very underwhelmed by the traveling pet tamer. Thankfully it's a quick fight and I can use the stones.

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » February 26th, 2015, 3:35 pm

Is it only me or have the pets in fights become more "noisy"?

Steamanubis
Pet Score:2372
BattleTag®:steamknight#1987
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Steamanubis » February 26th, 2015, 3:39 pm

Drudatz wrote:Sandstorm, not blocking any damage at all.
Really? If so, that needs to get fixed soon. Not being able to block damage nerfs the Idol a LOT.

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » February 27th, 2015, 8:38 am

I've found the Hyjal Wisp to be pretty effective as well. 325 speed, along with evasion and wish makes it an effective pet in a lot of teams

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » February 27th, 2015, 5:03 pm

Ril wrote:I got more XP off Tarr than before. My level 23 pet should have gotten 1848, it got over 2400 and reached level 25. So maybe he was brought in line with the other tamers?
I noticed that today as I finally got back into routine after everything patchy. Quite pleased they gave him that boost to be right there with the others.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » February 28th, 2015, 1:53 pm

Been trying out the [pet]Hyjal Wisp[/pet], Definitely a pet that is useful on staller teams, thanks to its dodge and Wish.

Plus its a pet that really can make good use out of Arcane Blast, as its longevity allows the pet to build it up into a sizeable nuke. Mana Feedback feels too weak in comparision, hitting at 280. It only takes one hit for AB to be bumped to 280, and peaking at 350 damage at the third hit and lasting for the rest of the battle..

While the pet will be slower than most flyers, if you build up AB on non flyers, then a fully buffed AB will make short work of most flyers, while still doing quite respectable damage to non flyers.

Evanesence and Wish plays quite well together if you are the faster pet. Shielding you for the turn you cast wish and thusly reducing the incomming damage taken until the heal lands. So far the hyjal wisp have been decimating multiple groups of wild pets, soloing them and comming out on top with full or nearly full hp. Definitely a suprise hit and a keeper!
Last edited by Luciandk on February 28th, 2015, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » February 28th, 2015, 3:29 pm

For the past few days I was just trying to do the traveling pet tamer fast so I could see if I could get a new pet. But I carried a pet today and it seems as her XP is the same as Ashlei. My level 14, which normally gets to level 20 on a non-Ashlei tamer, got to level 21.

Rafein
Pet Score:1740
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Rafein » March 1st, 2015, 5:50 am

I'm liking Bone Serpent so far. Put him with a crit team, or a black claw pet like Ikky, and he is pretty nasty. He might be a go to pet going forward.

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » March 1st, 2015, 11:12 am

People mighty havnt noticed this yet - but crit strikes are showing properly on attacks that do X-Y dmg

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » March 2nd, 2015, 12:46 pm

Drudatz wrote:Is it only me or have the pets in fights become more "noisy"?
Am I really the only one with that?

Also yesterday I was fighting the new Daily Pet Trainer in my Garrison with a Sprite Darter Hatchling and the same round I used life exchange my drake went to ZERO(!) health and then got the health from life exchange?!?