Good WoD Pets For Celestial Tourny?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Theflamecrow
Pet Score:1690
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Good WoD Pets For Celestial Tourny?

Post by Theflamecrow » January 31st, 2015, 7:57 pm

Since we're a few months in now, are there good strats with WoD pets now?

I've never done the tourny, but I have a lot of nice new WoD pets etc.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Good WoD Pets For Celestial Tourny?

Post by Ranok » February 1st, 2015, 1:37 am

Haven't seen much in the way of advice on that. Guessing lot of the pet people finished Tourney, gratefully, and no point in doing it anymore. What does show up here, and on Wowhead, is strategies for doing garrison battles using Tourney teams.

Razielix
MVP
Pet Score:10583
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Razielix » February 1st, 2015, 8:43 am

Yeah I was a little late to the pet battling/collecting scene myself, so at the moment I'm still going through it each week until I get the Celestial pets - I'm just using old guides and battle tips written and posted from pre-WOD, works all the same to me.

Might be some newer pets that can do things just as good or even better I guess, but if the old strategies are still working then just keep on with that, it's what I'm doing and it's working well :)
"Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire, or to challenge the Fates for another throw--a better throw--against one's destiny... What was a king to do?" - Kain

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » February 1st, 2015, 12:51 pm

Check out the Trunks meta guides. A couple Wod pets is used in a few tourney fights for 2manning them.

Personally I found Soul of the Forge to be awesome for shademaster Kiryn's pets. Elemental + shield + selfhealing simply destroys Stormoen.

Beanie
Pet Score:3277
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Beanie » February 2nd, 2015, 1:02 pm

I am the same Razielix, Never realised it could be so addicting to battle and collect I have sort of fallen in and am levelling pets to get to the Celestials now.

Good luck :)