Blingtron 4999b, Protectron 022481, Protectron 011803

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us
Re: Blingtron 4999b, Protectron 022481, Protectron 011803

Post by Uduwudu » July 12th, 2016, 1:57 am

Hi,

Would love to see all these strategies with alternate choices ... for example in case some of us do not have the Unborn Val'kyr, the Lost of Lorderon has the Curse of Doom that we need and is a fairly good replacement.

I'm getting ready to do the Celestials, but still am not sure which replacements to use for "Son of Animus", "Spineclaw Crab" and the "Gregarious Grell", the only 3 pets I am missing off the list on the walk thru on the net.

I imagine the crab is easy to replace, but have not checked the other two deeply enough.

Flow
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Flow » July 12th, 2016, 11:21 am

The Blingtron fight is soloable by an SS Ore Eater - for about a week more at least (Shell Armor gets nerfed in legion).

Start with Punch on the first pet (edit I think so, or it was SA first), then the rotation is Shell Armor, Body Slam, Punch, Body Slam, then Punch until Shell Armor comes off cd. Its not crit safe on your part: If Punch crits, use a Punch instead of a Body Slam; if Body Slam crits on the first hit against the second pet you need to use a backup pet against the last one.

Uduwudu wrote:Hi,
I'm getting ready to do the Celestials, but still am not sure which replacements to use for "Son of Animus", "Spineclaw Crab" and the "Gregarious Grell", the only 3 pets I am missing off the list on the walk thru on the net.

I imagine the crab is easy to replace, but have not checked the other two deeply enough.
Haven't used any of those pets in the tournament, who are they used against ?

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » July 12th, 2016, 11:54 pm

Uduwudu wrote:I'm getting ready to do the Celestials, but still am not sure which replacements to use for "Son of Animus", "Spineclaw Crab" and the "Gregarious Grell", the only 3 pets I am missing off the list on the walk thru on the net.
Like Flow, I'm wondering which "walk thru on the net" you''re getting this from. I remember first reading about the Grell as an option in Mel's Guide, but both the Grell and the Spineclaw are quite uncommon pets, and I'm surprised that any guide would rely on people having either one. If you can point us to the guide you're using, so that we can see the tamer and steps, I'm sure someone can find a recommendation.

Meanwhile, take at look at Aranesh's guides http://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=CelestialTournament which lay out many strategies for each of the tamers in the Tournament.

Oh, and by the way, if Blizzard are following through on some of the changes they floated, or are making others not announced, some of the strats could change next week - notably, anything involving the Chrominius and the PWS.

Anfi
Pet Score:13667
Realm:Anachronos-eu

Post by Anfi » July 13th, 2016, 7:45 am

I use Amethyst/Emerald shale hatchlings (destruction) with leech life, sticky web and stoneskin. Apply stoneskin then web, leech etc
you kill almost all 3 with 1 shale hatchling if you´re lucky, never ever had to use 3 pets