WoD Leveling spot?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us
Re: WoD Leveling spot?

Post by Jerebear » February 1st, 2015, 9:38 am

Catalytic wrote:So confused...been tracking "Draenor Pet Brawler" (2k wins) thinking it unlocked level 3 Menagerie. I'm at 75/2000 according to the tracking.

So I checked WoWHead for "Draenic Pet Battler" so I'd know where to find it in my achievements....when I added it to tracking, it says I'm at 115/500. (I know the 500 is a tooltip thing that's going to be fixed) WHY don't they agree???? They're both for Draenor pet battles, wth.
Because garrison battles don't count towards the 2k achieve, so you'll have more towards the 150 achieve.
Ranok wrote: The lower your level and the higher the opponent's level, the more XP you'll get. 25s don't affect this calculation at all.
Missed this part earlier, but wanted to note that this statement is somewhat incorrect. For example, a level 9 pet will receive less EXP than a level 10 pet. To throw more confusion, a level 12 pet will also get less EXP than a level 10 pet (assuming you are fighting a level 25 enemy in both cases). Confused? pet leveling experience is parabolic (basically a hill if you looked at a graph) with (enemy_level-4)/2 as the peak of that hill. All levels to either side of that peak get less EXP.

Check out my reference if you want more details:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Zorandar
MVP
Pet Score:4111
BattleTag®:Zeddicus#1688
Realm:Muradin-us

Re: WoD Leveling spot?

Post by Zorandar » February 1st, 2015, 1:20 pm

Again as was previously said, east of bloodmaul slag mines and i use my leveling pet, servant of demidos or son of animus, and xufu. The reason for either the servant or the son is it you want to attack the flying pets or the beast pets, with servant on the twilight wasps, use soulrush and it hits for about 90% of their health and if you do get the stun they don't swap out and then you use siphon anima to heal back up to full or near full. Then switch to Xufu and use bite each turn unless you do need to heal with feed before the end. On the 3rd pet, use prowl then feed and you should be healed to full. And same thing with the beast pets when you have Son of Animus in, use metal fist and siphon anima to be back up at full or near full health. I do probably about 20 battles overall before i decide to heal because of how strong the heals are on these pets. Hope this helps!