Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
User avatar
Arshadi
Posts: 54
Joined: July 13th, 2013
Pet Score: 4464
Realm: Twisting Nether-US
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Arshadi » January 26th, 2015, 1:51 pm

Using two Nexus Whelps nearly eliminates RNG for me. Chrominius, not so much.

I realize we all have different experiences with this, though!

User avatar
Saasan
Top Rater
Posts: 280
Joined: March 28th, 2013
Pet Score: 5353
BattleTag®: Dredre#1692
Realm: Thrall-US
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Saasan » January 26th, 2015, 2:04 pm

You wonderful people! Thank you so much for this guide--I know how I will be spending my evening. :lol: <3

Guest
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Guest » January 26th, 2015, 2:37 pm

Arshadi wrote:Using two Nexus Whelps nearly eliminates RNG for me. Chrominius, not so much.

I realize we all have different experiences with this, though!
Get to the pet leveling you Tauren! Lest your underlings* catch up with you!

*Yes, I am one of her (very minor) underlings.

User avatar
Beast_mast0r
Posts: 42
Joined: November 5th, 2014
Pet Score: 3175
Realm: Stormscale-EU
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Beast_mast0r » January 26th, 2015, 10:44 pm

For those looking for the ultimate, speediest and most reliable strat for this, here is your solution:

ss Bronze whelpling: Arcane Slash, Early Advantage, Arcane Storm.
This guy can basically solo the 3 birds Unless, ofc, rng is horrible and the go on crit streak vs none of yours(veeery rare, but happens).

Here is the deal:

Open with Bronze Whelpling>Arcane Storm(yours will benefit froms his, muahaha)>Early Advantage(you will always have lower Hp @ 2nd round=extra dmg)> now you are faster than him most likely:Arcane Slash +racial =786(i think) >GG bird 1. Bird 2 will heal>Arcane Storm> Early Adv. > you are faster + racial: Slash > GG. Bird 3> swap in boostee, take wild magic > swap in PP Nexus Whelp (tough you could use whatever with Mana Surge) > AFK 5 secs » pet levels up!!


Should you be under ~400 when facing bird 2, better swap your leveler with 990+Hp because of predatory strike(pot. crit), a lvl 1 magic or mechanical pet to soak and then the Nexus W. to blast them. Otherwise either restart or put your Nexus W. to soak, but i'd recommemd the former.

Total time is about 1 min per battle, plus it can be done while watching TV and such.

Enjoy!

All credits to my brain and enh pet jounal :lol:

User avatar
Badpathing
MVP
Posts: 356
Joined: January 24th, 2013
Pet Score: 10064
Realm: Area 52-US
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Badpathing » January 27th, 2015, 12:29 am

Aurae wrote:The RNG on this fight is atrocious.

I've had numerous fights where Samm lives through both Mana Surge and Arcane Storm. As well as fights where Archimedes kills Chrominius before he can get off Surge of Power.

So. Much. Facepalm.

All I can do is laugh, though. Such is my luck. Lol.
If you are using a P/P Whelp, you should rarely ever see Samm live. He CAN live, but having leveled for many, many hours over multiple days, I can confidently say it is rare.
Image

Iamwhatis
Posts: 83
Joined: April 21st, 2013
Pet Score: 4076
Realm: Stormscale-US
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Iamwhatis » January 27th, 2015, 12:58 am

When/if Samm dies to the last mana surge when you swap Chrominus back in he takes 3 rounds of hits from Archimedes (who in that case starts with full health) which can kill Chrom before he gets howl and then surge of power off

if instead of switching Chrom back in after the cp you put the Nexus in then after Archimedes kills the nexus Chorm comes in and you only take two rounds of hits before getting howl and surge of power off this removed all of the rng for me

User avatar
Aurae
Top Rater
Posts: 123
Joined: May 7th, 2013
Pet Score: 9621
Realm: Ravencrest-US
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Aurae » January 27th, 2015, 1:32 am

Badpathing wrote:
Aurae wrote:The RNG on this fight is atrocious.

I've had numerous fights where Samm lives through both Mana Surge and Arcane Storm. As well as fights where Archimedes kills Chrominius before he can get off Surge of Power.

So. Much. Facepalm.

All I can do is laugh, though. Such is my luck. Lol.
If you are using a P/P Whelp, you should rarely ever see Samm live. He CAN live, but having leveled for many, many hours over multiple days, I can confidently say it is rare.
You have some incredibly good RNG on your side. Congratulations.

I am using a P/P Nexus Whelping. Nine times out of ten, Samm lives (if nothing crits, he'll live through both Mana Surge and Arcane Storm; if one hit of Mana Surge crits, he'll die to Arcane Storm; if both Mana Surge hits crit, he'll die then). However, using Chrominius, I find it is actually preferable that he dies to Arcane Storm. At that point, Archimedes is low enough that after swapping through the carry pet and into Chrominius, all he has to do is Surge of Power. If Archimedes is at full health when you swap into Chrominius, and everything crits on him, there's a good chance that he'll die before popping Surge of Power.

For ten years I have had horrible RNG. This is nothing new to me. Lol.

User avatar
Saasan
Top Rater
Posts: 280
Joined: March 28th, 2013
Pet Score: 5353
BattleTag®: Dredre#1692
Realm: Thrall-US
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Saasan » January 27th, 2015, 9:19 am

I just want to say thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread! I got a lot of leveling done yesterday. Thanks all! :D

Buruan
Posts: 121
Joined: November 9th, 2014
Pet Score: 8053
Realm: Eitrigg-US
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Buruan » January 27th, 2015, 10:05 am

Beast_mast0r wrote: Open with Bronze Whelpling>Arcane Storm(yours will benefit froms his, muahaha)>Early Advantage(you will always have lower Hp @ 2nd round=extra dmg)> now you are faster than him most likely:Arcane Slash +racial =786(i think) >GG bird 1. Bird 2 will heal>Arcane Storm> Early Adv. > you are faster + racial: Slash > GG. Bird 3> swap in boostee, take wild magic > swap in PP Nexus Whelp (tough you could use whatever with Mana Surge) > AFK 5 secs » pet levels up!!

Should you be under ~400 when facing bird 2, better swap your leveler with 990+Hp because of predatory strike(pot. crit), a lvl 1 magic or mechanical pet to soak and then the Nexus W. to blast them. Otherwise either restart or put your Nexus W. to soak, but i'd recommemd the former.

Total time is about 1 min per battle, plus it can be done while watching TV and such.
That works, but some quick testing on my end has not proven for it to be faster than the Nexus / Chrominius approach.
And you need more casts, i counted at a minimum 6, whereas the NW/CH approach can finish in 4 / 5 depending.

User avatar
Beast_mast0r
Posts: 42
Joined: November 5th, 2014
Pet Score: 3175
Realm: Stormscale-EU
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Beast_mast0r » January 27th, 2015, 11:02 am

Buruan wrote:
Beast_mast0r wrote: Open with Bronze Whelpling>Arcane Storm(yours will benefit froms his, muahaha)>Early Advantage(you will always have lower Hp @ 2nd round=extra dmg)> now you are faster than him most likely:Arcane Slash +racial =786(i think) >GG bird 1. Bird 2 will heal>Arcane Storm> Early Adv. > you are faster + racial: Slash > GG. Bird 3> swap in boostee, take wild magic > swap in PP Nexus Whelp (tough you could use whatever with Mana Surge) > AFK 5 secs » pet levels up!!

Should you be under ~400 when facing bird 2, better swap your leveler with 990+Hp because of predatory strike(pot. crit), a lvl 1 magic or mechanical pet to soak and then the Nexus W. to blast them. Otherwise either restart or put your Nexus W. to soak, but i'd recommemd the former.

Total time is about 1 min per battle, plus it can be done while watching TV and such.
That works, but some quick testing on my end has not proven for it to be faster than the Nexus / Chrominius approach.
And you need more casts, i counted at a minimum 6, whereas the NW/CH approach can finish in 4 / 5 depending.

the complete fight takes, in average, ~64 seconds. If using Chrominius yields a lower time, then I might use that(assuming it is as consistent and reliable).
I can confidently say my approach is reliable since I have done it more than ... 700 times(timed the majority), with less than 10 times being unsucessful.

User avatar
Jerebear
Posts: 1157
Joined: September 15th, 2013
Pet Score: 9454
Realm: Llane-US
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Jerebear » January 27th, 2015, 11:12 am

Buruan wrote: That works, but some quick testing on my end has not proven for it to be faster than the Nexus / Chrominius approach.
And you need more casts, i counted at a minimum 6, whereas the NW/CH approach can finish in 4 / 5 depending.
Not that I have tested these two teams, but keep in mind that number of turns isn't necessarily the only factor in a faster kill. Every ability has a duration that can change the timing slightly in another teams favor, especially if the difference is 1-2 turns. As a very polarized example, if you had a team that did Build Turret (Clockwork Gnome) and Call Lightning (any lightning pet), then the animations for that take forever, even though it probably will drop the turn count a lot.

I know Mana Surge does have a slightly delayed animation, but I don't know if it is enough to slow the overall time vs the other team they mentioned....haven't tested it myself.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Buruan
Posts: 121
Joined: November 9th, 2014
Pet Score: 8053
Realm: Eitrigg-US
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Buruan » January 27th, 2015, 11:24 am

Yup Yup , all good points.
I have extensively used the NW / Chrom Strat, with failure rates of <5% (Yesterday failed 3 out of ~150).
Timing is around 60s per fight, plus minus a few depending on Arcane Storm results and the damn feather animation.

I tested the Bronze Whelp approach 4 times, and came in about the same time, didnt fail, but that's to small a sample to judge by.

Since I am blessed or cursed with OCD, I will use the next bird day for some more extensive testing and timing.

In either strat the biggest delay seems to be Serrah (or the Ally equivalent) standing too far away :)

Wakka
Posts: 14
Joined: August 22nd, 2013
Pet Score: 4324
Realm: Sentinels-US
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Wakka » January 27th, 2015, 1:27 pm

One thing I've not seen mentioned that I will mention for next time this comes around (hopefully once more at least before 6.1) is that I only level my pets to level 22 (to 11 on Scraggs daily then 3 times on birds to get to level 22). I use a combo of the type specific stones from my daily bag and my pet charms to buy stones to level the next 3 levels. It may still be quicker to level the last 3 levels on the birds, but I prefer to get as many to 22 as I can then finish them up using the menagerie daily bag rewards.

User avatar
Robotusch
Posts: 53
Joined: January 28th, 2008
Pet Score: 7440
BattleTag®: Roboe#2913
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-EU
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Robotusch » January 27th, 2015, 4:01 pm

Wakka wrote:One thing I've not seen mentioned that I will mention for next time this comes around (hopefully once more at least before 6.1) is that I only level my pets to level 22 (to 11 on Scraggs daily then 3 times on birds to get to level 22). I use a combo of the type specific stones from my daily bag and my pet charms to buy stones to level the next 3 levels. It may still be quicker to level the last 3 levels on the birds, but I prefer to get as many to 22 as I can then finish them up using the menagerie daily bag rewards.
That's what I did the last time. 15 days of doing the level 3 daily on 5 characters meant I had a heck of a lot of stones saved up. I recently dropped my old realm and gone back to an older char I have, so I didn't have nearly as many stones for today, which was kind of annoying. Especially level 21 (wild captured) pets consistently landed 40-50 xp short of level 25, and it feels like a waste of time doing another round of battle for that.

User avatar
Badpathing
MVP
Posts: 356
Joined: January 24th, 2013
Pet Score: 10064
Realm: Area 52-US
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Badpathing » January 27th, 2015, 4:29 pm

Aurae wrote:
Badpathing wrote:
Aurae wrote:The RNG on this fight is atrocious.

I've had numerous fights where Samm lives through both Mana Surge and Arcane Storm. As well as fights where Archimedes kills Chrominius before he can get off Surge of Power.

So. Much. Facepalm.

All I can do is laugh, though. Such is my luck. Lol.
If you are using a P/P Whelp, you should rarely ever see Samm live. He CAN live, but having leveled for many, many hours over multiple days, I can confidently say it is rare.
You have some incredibly good RNG on your side. Congratulations.

I am using a P/P Nexus Whelping. Nine times out of ten, Samm lives (if nothing crits, he'll live through both Mana Surge and Arcane Storm; if one hit of Mana Surge crits, he'll die to Arcane Storm; if both Mana Surge hits crit, he'll die then). However, using Chrominius, I find it is actually preferable that he dies to Arcane Storm. At that point, Archimedes is low enough that after swapping through the carry pet and into Chrominius, all he has to do is Surge of Power. If Archimedes is at full health when you swap into Chrominius, and everything crits on him, there's a good chance that he'll die before popping Surge of Power.

For ten years I have had horrible RNG. This is nothing new to me. Lol.
Sorry it doesn't work for you very well. i don't believe your hyperbolic claim of 90% failure rate, but to each their own. My 'good RNG' is simply RNG that is in my favor due to the conditions of the fight; there is nothing special about it, and indeed many others have enjoyed the same circumstances.
Image

User avatar
Ril
Top Rater
Posts: 197
Joined: January 13th, 2009
Pet Score: 7623
Realm: Frostmane-EU
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Ril » January 28th, 2015, 12:00 am

nexus whelp P/P 122 and chrominius 212 worked well for me. i think out of more than 250 fights i lost one that was not a fuckup on my part.

there are several different scenarios with samm, so you need to react correctly with each single one:

1. samm dies on 3rd mana surge tick: swap to carry, swap to chrom, howl, surge
2. samm does not die on 3rd mana surge tick: arcane storm. if he dies, proceed like in 1 but skip howl
3. samm does not die from arcane storm; tail sweep. if he dies, proceed like in 1 but skip howl
4. nexus whelpling can't get off a tail sweep (dies first): swap to chrom, arcane explo (samm dies now), then proceed like in 1 but skip howl
5. jahan doesn't die after 3 mana surge ticks. really really rare. try arcane storm, then tail sweep/mana surge until samm dies. you might lose here if rng stays bad.

User avatar
Aeilah
Posts: 1
Joined: December 29th, 2014
Pet Score: 2557
Realm: Khaz'goroth-US
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Aeilah » February 10th, 2015, 4:38 pm

Easy fast strat for Jahan, Samm and Archimedes.
Nexus whelpling
Chrominius
Leveling pet, L3+ (NOT FLYING)

STRAT:
Nexus whelpling cast Mana surge, will leave Samm on about half health usually, Cast Arcane Storm!
Switch to leveling pet as soon as Archimedes is up to get the Wild Magic debuff
Switch to Chrominius and Surge of Power.. WIN

(note. if Samm dies from ur awesome critting, then follow strat till chrominius is up, and use howl before your Surge of Power)

User avatar
Echinacea
Posts: 160
Joined: July 28th, 2014
Pet Score: 7799
Realm: Ravencrest-US
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Echinacea » February 11th, 2015, 9:53 am

I did this off and on for about 12 hours yesterday....nexus whelp > mana surge > arcane storm : carry pet: chrominius > surge of power.


only ONCE did jahan survive all 3 mana surge ticks. i got wiped once from bad RNG as well.

User avatar
Robotusch
Posts: 53
Joined: January 28th, 2008
Pet Score: 7440
BattleTag®: Roboe#2913
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-EU
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Robotusch » February 11th, 2015, 5:55 pm

Echinacea wrote:I did this off and on for about 12 hours yesterday....nexus whelp > mana surge > arcane storm : carry pet: chrominius > surge of power.


only ONCE did jahan survive all 3 mana surge ticks. i got wiped once from bad RNG as well.
Got it a few times today as well. I usually just abandon the fight there and then as it's too random if I can win from that position or not.

Another 49 pets to 25 today. I hope we get another one before 6.1 as I'd like to level up duplicates of some of the stronger pets, in case we get a Celestial Tourney clone further down the road.

User avatar
Echinacea
Posts: 160
Joined: July 28th, 2014
Pet Score: 7799
Realm: Ravencrest-US
Contact:

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Echinacea » February 12th, 2015, 11:31 am

Robotusch wrote:
Echinacea wrote:I did this off and on for about 12 hours yesterday....nexus whelp > mana surge > arcane storm : carry pet: chrominius > surge of power.


only ONCE did jahan survive all 3 mana surge ticks. i got wiped once from bad RNG as well.
Got it a few times today as well. I usually just abandon the fight there and then as it's too random if I can win from that position or not.

Another 49 pets to 25 today. I hope we get another one before 6.1 as I'd like to level up duplicates of some of the stronger pets, in case we get a Celestial Tourney clone further down the road.
me too....i wanna get 3 of each "essential" pets levelled to 25 before its nerfed (anubisath idol, chrominius, pandaren water spirit, unborn valk, mechnical dragonling)

Post Reply