Must-have mechanical pets

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Cheeser
Pet Score:1464
Realm:Talnivarr-eu
Must-have mechanical pets

Post by Cheeser » January 11th, 2015, 5:15 am

Hey, so a couple of weeks ago I made a thread regarding beast pets, since I had very few good ones.
I felt the thread was incredible usefull since people not only posted pets, but also their reason for why they thought the pet was a must-have.
I don't really lach mech pets, and it was fairly random, but I thought I could make a thread like this every once in a while for each pet type.
So what mechanical pets do you consider must have?
I'm fairly certain most will have Clockwork Gnome and Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling on their lists, but I also think lil' Bling and Sunreaver Micro-Sentry deserves a spot.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Re: Must-have mechanical pets

Post by Yamum » January 11th, 2015, 5:32 am

For tamer dailies I use Darkmoon Zeppelin, Darkmoon Tonk, Warbot, Cogblade Raptor plus the two you mentioned.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » January 11th, 2015, 7:53 am

Son of Animus. A very solid and survivable bot

Aquitas
Pet Score:12790
BattleTag®:Aquitas333#1619
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Aquitas » January 11th, 2015, 9:19 am

I love Sky-Bo for Pvp. The combo of sticky grenade and screeching gears is great plus he has decoy

Vipers
Pet Score:3725
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Vipers » January 11th, 2015, 10:49 am

Must-have mechanical pets?

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
Lil'Bling

There are some other honorable mentions, like: Menagerie Custodian, Clockwork Gnome, Cogblade Raptor S/S, Tranquil Mechanical Yeti, Mechanical Scorpid S/S, and the extremely underrated Lil' XT/Landro's lil' XT. These are not necessarily a "must" but are all useful, each on its own way.

Son of Animus does the same thing as Lil'Bling and Darkmoon Tonk, but not as effectively.
Darkmoon Tonk is a shittier version of Menagerie Custodian, who happens to have Minefield.

I don't believe there's anything else worth mentioning.

Edit: Jerebear reminded me of Darkmoon Zeppelin, who is, indeed useful. Personally, I dislike this pet just as much as I dislike Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, but his usefulness is undeniable.
Last edited by Vipers on January 11th, 2015, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
What do you do with a pen that only works 90% of the time?

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 11th, 2015, 11:01 am

Tranquil Mechanical Yeti is a very efficient and powerful sweeper/closer to a team. He is often overlooked, but his combination of LIghtning Storm + Ion Cannon can do well over 1700 damage in 2 rounds. He is extremely useful on those tamers where you just need to take out that last pet.

He tends to be underrated/under used in my opinion.

As mentioned above:
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
Lil'Bling

Are two of my go to pets.

I am starting to come around to the Mechanical Scorpid, but haven't used it enough to decide.

Finally, regardless of the actual pet, having some high health Explode pets is really useful. The Pet Bombling is both high health and decent speed, making it particularly effective. It is always good to have a couple Explode pets though.

Finally, if you are going for efficient tamer kills, the Darkmoon Zepp is an important one as his decoy/explode combo is used in a number of strats.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Cheeser
Pet Score:1464
Realm:Talnivarr-eu

Post by Cheeser » January 11th, 2015, 12:31 pm

How do you all feel about iron starlette?
I find myself using it once in a while in PvE, but it's not a pet I use a lot.

And I agree very much with Son of Animus, too bad it's hard to get...
Just got an Ancient Nest Guardian as well, he's good, but not a must have imo.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » January 11th, 2015, 2:01 pm

That reminds me. Come 6.1 [ability]Haywire[/ability] finally changes to become a mechanical ability as it shouldve been. Which means that the [pet]Sunreaver Micro-Sentry[/pet] will have it buffed by Call Lightning. Pop Call Lightning, Fel Immolate and go Haywire till you keel over.

The main problem with Ancient Nest Guardian imho, is that his big hitter [ability]Entangling Roots[/ability] is delayed, and thusly will never benefit from the buff granted by [ability]Feathered Frenzy[/ability].

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 11th, 2015, 3:11 pm

I really love mechanicals and use them quite often. Some of my favorites are:

- Mechanical Pandaren Dragon, Darkmoon Zeppelin, Sky-Bo (I use decoy, bombing run/grenade, breath/missile/screeching gears). Decoy is great not only for avoiding big damage spikes but also for leveling up very low pets - just Decoy, swap in the low pet, keep it in a round, swap back). I probably favor Sky-Bo in situations where speed is more important, since it has the highest speed, and the Zeppelin if a little more health is better.

- Lil Bling. All its abilities are pretty good IMO. High speed pretty much guarantees that Smckthat will hit twice, if you choose that ability. Or use Inflation and Make It Rain it in combo with something with Black Claw (Zandalari raptors) or Call Lightning and watch the damage pile up.

- Lil XT, Landro's Lil XT. Heartbreak + Tantrum is amazing when you're grinding wild battles against beast heavy teams (I also use it on the trainers in Uldum and Krasarang Wilds). Best of all, you can just go watch tv or read while it's going on, since it lasts 3 rounds.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » January 12th, 2015, 12:20 am

I still mainly PvE so my shout outs are for my two favorite go-to mechanical which are my Tranquil Mechanical Yeti and the Iron Starlette.

My Yeti was one of my first pets bought from the AH and first to get to 25. With mechs strong against beasts I would use my little Bigfoot all the time when farming for pets around the lands. I know this probably isn't the best mechanical but for sentimental reasons it's my favorite mechanical.

My other shout out is to the Iron Starlette which I have to admit I didn't get this first. But once I figured out the windup - supercharge - windup, my Toni Stark (she's a girl) is my go-to mechanical for daily tamers.
Last edited by Abbotta on January 13th, 2015, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » January 12th, 2015, 4:06 pm

Iron Starlette made its spot on my Christoph vonFeasel (no space?!?) together with Bronze Whelpling. Solid 2+1 team. Wind up/supercharge/windup combo on 341 combo on beast. Shit son, that pet aint seeing daylight again.

Mylissa
Pet Score:1543
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Mylissa » January 13th, 2015, 2:50 pm

My son loves mech's! we're always on the lookout for more. We like Lil' Bling, D.M. tonk, D.M. Zep, Sky-bo, Clockwork gnome, Mech pand dragonling, iron starlette, and Robo-chick. These are the ones I use the most. :)
Mmmm, I almost forgot...Just recently got sunreaver micro sentry, totally lovin' haywire & call lightning!!