Brutal Pet Battle Achieve for a PvP noob

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu
Re: Brutal Pet Battle Achieve for a PvP noob

Post by Awq » January 5th, 2015, 3:53 pm

Np! Thank you for keeping your blog active. I especially like how you can describe the course of a battle, it's like playing the match yourself. And you do have a different approach to team building than I do, which makes it interesting.

Aquitas
Pet Score:12996
BattleTag®:Aquitas333#1619
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Aquitas » January 10th, 2015, 6:23 pm

I really like playing my team of nuts, sky-Bo, and Weebomination. I almost always start with Nuts I use scratch, crouch and nut barrage. The meta I have Beene seeing lately is very elemental heavy and nuts tears through them. Plus he is cute. Sky-bo has screeching gears, sticky grenade and decoy. I have a s/s version. Weebomination to clean up plus he has consume corpse so if the other 2 are dead he can be very hard to kill. Sometimes I sub on a golden dawnfeather with sunlight quills and love potion depending on what I am up against.

It can be really frustrating losing a lot and trying to find the right team for you. I don't like to be so dependent on weather effects they tend to backfire on me. I also try to make note of what pets are giving me a hard time and then play them or find a great counter to them. I love discodoggies blog that was mentioned earlier also there are podcasts called wow pet battle crew that can be fun to listen to.

Aqui

Baldulf
MVP
Pet Score:6727
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Baldulf » January 30th, 2015, 11:22 am

Apologies for thread necromancy, but there are some good PvP players in this thread, and I have a question for you: do any of you use an addon, log site, or spreadsheet to track opponent pets seen, win/loss, etc.?

I got my 250 a couple weeks ago and am working on the long grind to 1,000 for the "Trainer" title. I was cruising in Sep/Oct/Nov with a great team, winning some weeks 10-0, 10-1, or 10-2. Now that the newer pets have worked into people's rotations, though, I'm having trouble getting a grip on the new meta(s). I figure some tracking and data could help! Does anyone do this?

Docmesa
MVP
Pet Score:6202
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Docmesa » January 30th, 2015, 11:49 am

One of my current PVP teams is:

Netherwhelp
Trunks
Xu-fu

Yes its a Moonfire team but it has some pretty evil synergy. Lead with Accuracy, swap in Trunks, Moonfire and then use When Elekks Fly. The 75% hit chance on 2 turns can be devastating, especially against flyers. You have a solid mix of dragon, magic and beast damage too. ^_^

Taerie
Pet Score:4641
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Taerie » January 30th, 2015, 12:45 pm

Just wanted to pop in and say- I finally did this! It was not nearly as awful as I thought it would be and it was actually rather fun. I wanted to build my team around Stormwing- pretty much to send the message to my opponents that I'm just a pet collector trying to grind her way to 250. I found a team on pvppetbattles that consisted of Stormwing‚ macabre marionette and lil' bling. I'd say I won 90% of the time with it and it wasn't even that highly rated by the site author- his highly rated teams must rape faces.
By doing the grind I leveled an 85‚ a squishy I had long since given up on‚ to 90 so that sort of kept me going and made it bearable!