Page 2 of 3

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 7th, 2012, 3:27 am
by Mawder
So I accidentally completed the Nishi quest. Is there another tamer that I can use for power leveling (until daily reset)?

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 7th, 2012, 4:08 am
by Florencia
Wynn wrote:It goes really poorly if Explode misses I just learn that the hard way :(


Exactly, i'm glad someone finally mention it.

Sometimes RNG gets really low and you'd have 2 explosion missed/dodged in a row...

and it seems like the dodge/miss rate has been drastically increased. There're at least 1 dodge/miss in the whole three fights against farmer nishi.

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 7th, 2012, 6:12 am
by Bothari
Mawder wrote:So I accidentally completed the Nishi quest. Is there another tamer that I can use for power leveling (until daily reset)?

Having done the same, I found that in some ways, Grand Master Aki is easier to use, with the correct set-up, since her third pet is an otter that uses Survival, allowing you to have your lowbie take it on at 1hp.
I tend to use a Flayer Youngling, Effervescent Glowfly combo to get it to that point. It also has the benefit that the Shrine pet healer is seconds away.

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 10th, 2012, 3:18 pm
by Mairin
Soooo..maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit here but while Nishi was working fine yesterday, since today's mini-patch the abandon button seems to have joined the rest of the greyed out tamers for her. In the past it's just been a bug you could fix with relogging but even that's not doing it. Anyone else having similar issues?

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 10th, 2012, 3:27 pm
by Bistromath
I hope you all know Mumper has already stated on Twitter this is an exploit they are tring to fix.

So good work on cheating.

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 10th, 2012, 3:38 pm
by Ryazan
Mairin wrote:Soooo..maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit here but while Nishi was working fine yesterday, since today's mini-patch the abandon button seems to have joined the rest of the greyed out tamers for her. In the past it's just been a bug you could fix with relogging but even that's not doing it. Anyone else having similar issues?

I guess all the rest of the tamers were hotfixed tonight. Nishi worked fine about four hours ago but now I can't abandon the quest anymore. I even cleared quest cache. "Told you so" in some past thread Blizz didn't intend this kind of exp gain. :P

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 10th, 2012, 4:03 pm
by Zaelo
I personnally prefer Courageous Yon in Kun-Lai Summit for leveling. His pets don't AoE and don't start with strong attacks, so I can easily put in a level 2 pet and he'll survive just fine and get tons of XP.

But hell... can't do that more than once a day anymore anyway...

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 10th, 2012, 4:11 pm
by Mairin
Well at least I know it's not just me. Not really a shocker and not the end of the world :)

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 10th, 2012, 4:12 pm
by Gilneas
Edema wrote:I hope you all know Mumper has already stated on Twitter this is an exploit they are tring to fix.

So good work on cheating.


Because someone plays the game differently than you does not mean they are cheating. If Blizzard doesn't want it, it'll be changed, and that's the end of it.

Since it is a very individual activity, you should not be so insulting towards others over it.

Though my take on it is that they should take this as a sign that there needs to be a more fun way to level pets, if the *fun* solution many players came to was doing tamers over and over. I would surmise that is because the paltry amount of XP you get from doing normal battles just doesn't feel rewarding enough.

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 10th, 2012, 5:00 pm
by Delinda
Damn, they finally fixed daily quests powerleveling. Back to boring leveling on crickets and bandicoons.
By the way, can a person that doesn't have any 25 lvl pets buy a 25lvl and learn it?

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 10th, 2012, 5:43 pm
by Index
Well, that's me done with leveling pets, doing it the "proper" way needs to be more rewarding i.e. stones / XP etc. That's what made Nishi so appealing.

Anyone who calls it an "exploit" needs to get out more, it's clever use of game mechanics at best :evil:

/sad panda.

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 10th, 2012, 5:47 pm
by Ardaluc
Delinda wrote:Damn, they finally fixed daily quests powerleveling. Back to boring leveling on crickets and bandicoons.
By the way, can a person that doesn't have any 25 lvl pets buy a 25lvl and learn it?


You can't "learn" any pets that are higher in level then your highest pet.

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 10th, 2012, 6:11 pm
by Thetick
FFS I still had 35 more to go to 75 >.< This takes forever!

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 10th, 2012, 11:00 pm
by Avarre
I levelled 75+ pets last time without using Nishi, you should be fine.


Use a beast, go veiled stairs and carry the rest and profit.

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 11th, 2012, 12:23 am
by Thetick
That sounds slow and boring.

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 11th, 2012, 2:12 am
by Wynn
This fix this but not my hat missing and the half the trainer dailies bug on my account.

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 11th, 2012, 2:16 am
by Ryazan
Or alternatively, start figuring out combos which can be used against (Pandaria) tamers in order to get all exp to the pet which is getting leveled. Since Blizz changed NFD's school, my previous combos went down the drain but I already began to think other effective combos. Now this won't be nearly as effective as Nishi and doesn't give you many lvl 25s per day, but at least it won't be boring and you can get your pet dailies done while at it.

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 11th, 2012, 2:24 am
by Misstic
Ryazan wrote:Or alternatively, start figuring out combos which can be used against (Pandaria) tamers in order to get all exp to the pet which is getting leveled. Since Blizz changed NFD's school, my previous combos went down the drain but I already began to think other effective combos. Now this won't be nearly as effective as Nishi and doesn't give you many lvl 25s per day, but at least it won't be boring and you can get your pet dailies done while at it.


Can you please share? I too used to level on the other trainers with 2 level 25s and a leveling pet but cant seem to now. What did you mean by "Since Blizz changed NFD's school, my previous combos went down the drain?'" Thanks!

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 11th, 2012, 2:31 am
by Ryazan
Misstic wrote:Can you please share? I too used to level on the other trainers with 2 level 25s and a leveling pet but cant seem to now. What did you mean by "Since Blizz changed NFD's school, my previous combos went down the drain?'" Thanks!

I'll share when I have something to share. :)

Nether Faerie Dragon was Flying pre-5.1 and it's effectiveness was heavily based on the Flying racial speed bonus. In 5.1 NFD was "fixed" to Dragon and thus losing the speed bonus. The pet isn't bad in 5.1 but it has lost it's edge and it can't pull the same stunts anymore.

Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

PostPosted: December 11th, 2012, 3:35 am
by Mawder
Well Nutz. I only did this one time last Saturday and leveled about 15 pets this way. I would say this was a "clever use to game mechanics" rather than an exploit. You could always complete a quest up to turning it in to the quest-giver and then abandon it to redo it.

I'm happy in a way that its gone actually.