Using Farmer Nishi to level

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us
Re: Using Farmer Nishi to level

Post by Syrrie » December 11th, 2012, 4:13 am

I'd really like wild pet leveling to not feel quite so punishing. Either by having a heck of a lot more stable masters around, pet bandages account bound or not bound at all, xp boosted for wild battles, etc.

I only leveled about five or six pets on Nishi, myself, but it was a lot better leveling experience game-play wise for me than sitting and grinding for half a day on Dragonbone Hatchlings.
Image Image

Petjunky

Post by Petjunky » December 11th, 2012, 5:09 am

When you have 400+ pets grinding is just ridiculous. This is a side game, there is already enough grinding in the main game. What they need to just do is have a level 25 epic training dummy that people can level pets on. And I don't see how nishi is an exploit when people are doing are completing the fight normally each time and also using pet bandages like they would for other fights.

Cassuide
Top Rater
Pet Score:2393
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Cassuide » December 11th, 2012, 5:38 am

Yeah I would like to see a mini dungeon for pets or something to make it a bit more interesting to level them. It would be solo but you have to defeat all the pets in the instance to get to a boss or something... The boss could have a higher chance to drop stones and stuff too... I know they're thinking about adding bosses to the world but they would be super rare spawns which for someone who has a life outside of wow it makes it difficult to do them. They could make the instance relevant to your pets level too so it wouldn't be to hard or to easy.

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » December 11th, 2012, 9:15 am

Emetai wrote:Yeah I would like to see a mini dungeon for pets or something to make it a bit more interesting to level them. It would be solo but you have to defeat all the pets in the instance to get to a boss or something... The boss could have a higher chance to drop stones and stuff too... I know they're thinking about adding bosses to the world but they would be super rare spawns which for someone who has a life outside of wow it makes it difficult to do them. They could make the instance relevant to your pets level too so it wouldn't be to hard or to easy.
Even suggesting creating a new dungeon for a "mini game" is likely to get shot down under the time vs reward logic they go with a lot BUT how about a phased version of existing dungeons? A phased strat/scholo full of undead and slime based pets with relevant bosses or maybe the same with gnomer full of mechs? :)

Jone
Pet Score:3363
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Jone » December 11th, 2012, 4:26 pm

A good one for leveling one very low level pet is Hyuna of the Shrines. Start with Emerald Whelpling verus her shrine fly, heal early and often and it may also kill the snake for you. Follow with the Darkmoon Zeppelin or Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling to finish off the snake, then use Decoy to block all of the turtle's attacks. It can take a while to whittle the turtle down, but it only attacks every four turns, and decoy blocks 2 attacks every 5, so it cannot kill either of your remaining pets. Finish it with Explode when its health is low enough and collect 5k exp for your low level. (The same team works pretty well versus Mo'ruk, but isn't foolproof the way it is versus Hyuna.)

Restofarian
Top Rater
Pet Score:4064
BattleTag®:Restofarian#1262
Realm:Azralon-us

Post by Restofarian » December 11th, 2012, 8:12 pm

Seems I cant abandon the quest anymore. Tried reloging and clearing quests cache and still didnt work. Meh...