Please share your Pandaria and Celest teams with me!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Rusti
MVP
Pet Score:6043
BattleTag®:Rusti#1427
Realm:Bladefist-us
Please share your Pandaria and Celest teams with me!

Post by Rusti » December 21st, 2014, 6:24 am

I used to be able to do all of the pandaria tamers including the elemental ones. I took a VERY long break and it seems now I have to get lucky with the regular ones and i can barely scratch the Elemental ones. Also, i have never done the celestial tournament battles so I attempted to put together a team I thought would work but was quickly shown that I have no chance at all against them.

So please, I know these are old battles but I need your help with what teams work really well against them so I can start leveling the proper pets to maximize my chances at stones. Thank you in advance!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Please share your Pandaria and Celest teams with me!

Post by Quintessence » December 21st, 2014, 9:50 am

One of our Community Guides, [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7556]5.4 Guide to Master Tamers + Beasts of Fable[/url], is a good place to start. It has strats/teams for all of the Pandaria trainers, BoF, and Pandaren Spirit trainers.

There are a number of Celestial Tournament guides now (with and without carry pet strats), but here's one to get you started: [profile]Kpb321[/profile]'s [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WRFc0_8-8YJy_umslj45Xv7gqOFoNl0tpQeMgxlcRqs/edit#heading=h.srbrvtqzj1ox]Easy Celestial Tournament Guide[/url].

Hope this helps! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Rusti
MVP

Post by Rusti » December 21st, 2014, 10:59 am

That is awesome! Thank you sooo much! <3

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » December 21st, 2014, 1:55 pm

The guides and forums on Wowhead and other websites are invaluable source of information. I have a lot of respect for the people that have developed these strategies, lot of them have been slowly and painfully worked out by doing battles over and over again, figuring out what moves their opponents are going to be using and in what order. It's not just a matter of you using the right pet with the right talents, your attacks have to be used at just the right time too, otherwise they may not work.

Celestial Tournament can be a real pain, especially if you don't have a good stable of pets to choose from. Also incredibly frustrating to be half-hour into it and have to start over cause the RNG gods have frowned on you. I've occasionally loaned some of my cageable pets to trusted friends to help them get through it.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 22nd, 2014, 2:02 pm

Quintessence wrote:One of our Community Guides, [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7556]5.4 Guide to Master Tamers + Beasts of Fable[/url], is a good place to start. It has strats/teams for all of the Pandaria trainers, BoF, and Pandaren Spirit trainers.

There are a number of Celestial Tournament guides now (with and without carry pet strats), but here's one to get you started: [profile]Kpb321[/profile]'s [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WRFc0_8-8YJy_umslj45Xv7gqOFoNl0tpQeMgxlcRqs/edit#heading=h.srbrvtqzj1ox]Easy Celestial Tournament Guide[/url].

Wee someone other than myself posting my strategy =).

Rusti,

If you try to use my guide the nice part is that many of the pets can be caught a high level and need minimal leveling. You can also do substitutions and the Annub idol and MPD are two good pets you've already got at level 25 that I avoided using. You should be able to slot in the MPD in place of the Fel Flame in my strategies and it should be as good if not better than the Fel Flame. It was also written before WoD came out so some things might have changed slightly and I haven't gotten a chance to update it yet so any comments are more than welcome.

Elfuego
Pet Score:3958
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Elfuego » December 22nd, 2014, 5:27 pm

Hey mate, got an entire section here on the tournament including a few of the double pet strats for An Awfully big adventure!
you can walk thru them here at your leisure.

The full tournament: http://www.wowpetbattle.com/celestialtournament.html
The written guide here: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8050&hilit=+celestial

I hope it helps!

[profile]Elfuego[/profile]
www.wowpetbattle.com
GET OWNED!!

Rusti
MVP

Post by Rusti » December 23rd, 2014, 6:56 am

Thank you everyone! hopefully with all of this awesome information I will be able to tackle these guys by the time the new year rolls around. I appreciate all of your input and replies so much!

I'll update my progress once i get everything going ^_^

Solshine
Pet Score:5102
Realm:Khadgar-eu

Post by Solshine » December 25th, 2014, 2:07 pm

Quintessence wrote:There are a number of Celestial Tournament guides now (with and without carry pet strats), but here's one to get you started: [profile]Kpb321[/profile]'s Easy Celestial Tournament Guide.

Thanks so much for the link and Kpb321 for writing it. I finally got to complete Celestial Tournament for the first time (and buy my first pet) with the help of this guide! And with Elekk Plushie on board :) I'm so glad this guide offers multliple teams on the 4 small pets, because I had to almost restart whole scenario on last one of them:) I failed miserably on Chi-chi 3 snails strategy - he was healing more than I could damage him.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » December 26th, 2014, 11:00 am

Over the holidays I've been doing all the Pandaria Tamers working on getting my 75th level 25 pet and picking up a few extra battle pets from the area that I have wanted. I have ventured in a few times to Celest but plan on working on those next as I figure out my most sucessful teams and where I might still be lacking.

But for the Elementals for all those Pandarian Spirit Tamers I have one word - SNAILS.

It's funny, first time I did the Spirit Tamers I had a crappy selection of pets and I had to use a mid-level Anubish Idol to get me through those and it was a struggle.

But now they are easy peasy and every single of the teams I use on them includes a snail with my favorite being the Rapana Whelk (I renamed my Lawrence Whelk then on this site I found out my Whelk is actually a girl).

Dive-Goo-Absorb. When you are done with those elementals your snail will barely have a scratch. Silkbead Snails will also work if you don't have a Rapana Whelk. Make sure one of the breed quality on your snails is an 'H', my Whelk is an H/P.

But most of the Spirit Tamers I have found that I usually need a snail for the elemental. There is probably a flying or aquatic so I'll toss in one of my 3 oozelings or my Luya Moth (my H/S moth - she's my favorite unless I need speed).