lvl 3-25 in under 10 minutes!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us
Re: lvl 3-25 in under 10 minutes!

Post by Jerebear » December 28th, 2014, 8:20 pm

Xolve wrote:
Iamste wrote:Quick question, does the lesser pet treat stack with the %50 treat AND the hat? if so, this should be a doddle :lol:
The 50% Treat, the 25% Treat and the Pet Hat all Stack.
And the Darkmoon Top Hat! Though that is limited to Darkmoon Faire Week
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Taerie
Pet Score:4641
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Taerie » January 11th, 2015, 10:07 am

I swear. Either they've changed something about this fight or I just had the worst rng luck this morning. About 20% of the time I tried this (which has always worked perfectly in the past) Samm would go for the kill instead of casting his heal and nuke my whelpling right at the top of the round. Another 10% my whelpling managed to polish off the entire team with mana surge, not giving me the chance to swap in my little leveling pet. Rngtastic stuff x.x

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 11th, 2015, 11:05 am

Taerie wrote:I swear. Either they've changed something about this fight or I just had the worst rng luck this morning. About 20% of the time I tried this (which has always worked perfectly in the past) Samm would go for the kill instead of casting his heal and nuke my whelpling right at the top of the round. Another 10% my whelpling managed to polish off the entire team with mana surge, not giving me the chance to swap in my little leveling pet. Rngtastic stuff x.x
Remember that how he attacks could be slightly AI based. Some pets decide to kill/heal based on factors like your pet's health and their pets health. This can make things appear random sometimes, especially when dealing with abilities like mana surge that have range of damage. He might act totally different if you hit all 3 low mana surges vs all 3 high mana surges.

A good example of this is the direhorn pet, Mr. Pointy on Cristoph VonFeasel's team. If your pet is low enough health, he'll impale, but if not, he'll cast a shield on the first round. Cymre's lamp will decide to heal itself based on its health, as will Quintessence of Light.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 11th, 2015, 1:32 pm

I had a similar experience. Two weeks ago, I was just getting my menagerie going, and only got to do this fight a few times, but I KNOW it was easier than it was this morning. I lost the fight six times before finishing it once. I don't have a rare Nexus Whelpling at 25, but I still should have been able to pull something out, I was using my Emerald Proto, my leveler, and Chrominius, and died more often than not.

Sadly, I don't have much time to spend on this tonight after work, it may have to wait until the next time they come up in rotation, but I'm not seeing the same results I have in the past.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Enderdragon
Pet Score:4206
BattleTag®:EnderDragon#1781
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Enderdragon » January 11th, 2015, 1:33 pm

These guys are back in my menagerie today. I have won 9 or my 10 battle using this strat. My loss was RNG based because Samm got all 3 attacks, twice, all crits. Still, a superb strategy.