Elfuego Scrappin Daily Brutus and Rukus Strategy

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Ami
Pet Score:2773
Realm:Vek'nilash-us
Re: Elfuego Scrappin Daily Brutus and Rukus Strategy

Post by Ami » January 20th, 2015, 7:01 pm

Elfuego wrote:Just an update, I was able to add a pet swap into the rotation with [pet]Lil'Bling[/pet] and [pet]Menagerie Custodian[/pet].
If it was not already known, you can sub in the [pet]Darkmoon Tonk[/pet] instead of the [pet]Menagerie Custodian[/pet]

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 20th, 2015, 10:22 pm

Rusti wrote:
Darolyn wrote:Argh! And now I'm wishing my Micro Sentry was higher than level 2! :) Add it to the list...

I just used the three pets I posted last time, to at least get through the fight once. Next time, though....

Thanks, Rusti, for sharing!
Daro when you are on again whisper me. you can borrow mine to level yours up then use it to take over!
Anytime one of these strats calls for a tradeable pet that you don't have leveled yet, give me a shout and if I have it you are more than welcome to borrow it to level yours.
Have I told you lately how awesome you are? Thanks so much! :)
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Ami

Post by Ami » January 21st, 2015, 2:36 am

ok, so I was goofing around, and I took Elfuego's plan and subbed in the [pet]Darkmoon Zeppelin[/pet] (1/2/1) instead of the [pet]Menagerie Custodian[/pet] or the [pet]Darkmoon Tonk[/pet]. Your carry pet will not take any damage so you can use a level 1 pet.

The fight goes at follows

Lil'Bling

Extra Plating
Rocket Launch (1 of 2)
Inflation
Rocket Launch (2 of 2)
--Brutus dies
Inflation
--lil' Bling dies bring in the Darkmoon Zeppelin
Thunderbolt
Missile (till Rukus is < 618 HP but not dead, so one or two depending on the RNG)
Explode

And your carry is leveled by the magic of nuked pork chops

Beave
Pet Score:4259
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Beave » January 21st, 2015, 9:55 am

Awesome. In two weeks when this duo is back I'll have to give it a try. I have so many pets to get to 25 yet.

Elfuego
Pet Score:3958
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Elfuego » January 24th, 2015, 8:44 pm

Ami wrote:ok, so I was goofing around, and I took Elfuego's plan and subbed in the [pet]Darkmoon Zeppelin[/pet] (1/2/1) instead of the [pet]Menagerie Custodian[/pet] or the [pet]Darkmoon Tonk[/pet]. Your carry pet will not take any damage so you can use a level 1 pet.

And your carry is leveled by the magic of nuked pork chops

HAHAHA! I love the quote! And the nuked pork chops.... GET OWNED!!

[profile]Elfuego[/profile]
http://www.wowpetbattle.com
GET OWNED!!

Ami

Post by Ami » January 26th, 2015, 1:45 am

Yes that was my hat-tip to you and all your work.

Ami

Post by Ami » February 4th, 2015, 2:40 pm

If anyone get time please test my strat above and let me know if it works, thanks!

Quaras
Pet Score:7007

Post by Quaras » February 4th, 2015, 7:24 pm

Ami -- so far it has worked very nicely. No RNG issues yet and it has been useful in the dailies. I would add the bracketed language.

Extra Plating
Rocket Launch (1 of 2)
Inflation
[Bling dies the first time]
Rocket Launch (2 of 2)
--Brutus dies
Inflation
--lil' Bling dies [the second time] bring in the Darkmoon Zeppelin
Thunderbolt
Missile (till Rukus is < 618 HP but not dead, so one or two depending on the RNG)
Explode

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » February 4th, 2015, 10:37 pm

It's almost depressing how easy/fast this is with a P/P and P/S Iron Starlette.

vs Brutus
Open with P/P > Wind-up > Supercharge > Wind-up (will go into rez here) Brutus dies

vs Rukus
Pass (wont matter, he bloodfangs you and you die) > swap in carry > swap in P/S
Wind-up > Supercharge > Wind-up (Rukus dies)

The only thing that can cause this to fail is Brutus doing a high horn gore + a winter spirit and 1 of them crits. Which is a fail condition, but it will happen in the 1st 3 turns, so it's a fast reset. Once Brutus is dead there is no condition where you can lose. And it will take exactly 8 rounds every time.

Using double pets, which many may not have, but wanted to put it in the thread (I don't think I saw it broken down yet).

Aur
Pet Score:9797
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Aur » February 4th, 2015, 11:10 pm

Thanks Ami. I am not a huge fan of Turret strats but do like Explode ones so glad to see you posted. This worked like a charm for me. I boosted up a bunch of level 1's. The only issue I had was the Zeppelin occasionally critting and killing the last boar so I got no XP. But it is a pretty fast strat so it wasn't too bad.

Ami

Post by Ami » February 4th, 2015, 11:38 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone I have seen a few RNG issues (like Bing being critted and invoking failsafe too soon) but all and all it seems to be working help.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » February 5th, 2015, 12:10 am

Ami wrote:Thanks for the feedback everyone I have seen a few RNG issues (like Bing being critted and invoking failsafe too soon) but all and all it seems to be working help.
I did your strat for a while as well, Ami, and it worked very well - what may be worth doing is with the zepp do missile first and then if it crits pass then thunderbolt > explode. Might remove that "good" crit issue from the sequence. I couldn't get a missile crit to happen once I switched the order, though, so I cannot prove it will get him in explode range before he failsafes you. nothing much can be done for bling getting failsafed early, but it was a pretty rare case. definitely a good fast strat.