Lets discuss the Draenor pets

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Re: Lets discuss the Draenor pets

Post by Luciandk » November 21st, 2014, 8:01 pm

Ive aquired and leveled [pet]Son of Sethe[/pet]. at first glance it looks like a staller pet alike [pet]Ruby Droplet[/pet].

SoS is a P/S pet comming with:
1319 health
338 power
257 speed

Its almost P/P, but having some very weird baseline stats. Especially the 257 speed is going to hurt, as that means that many P/P pets will be able to outspeed you as the standard variation is 325p/260s.

Absorb doesnt scale well with power, but Plagued Blood seems to do a far better job, even if used as a spammable attack.
The pet clearly has some longevity thanks to Plagued Blood, Touch of the Animus and Drain Blood. But it feels fragile and much less able to absorb punshment, before healing it back up again. The high power feels kinda wasted. I feel theres far better staller pets out there, though a slight saving grace is being undead.

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » November 22nd, 2014, 4:54 am

Luciandk wrote:Ive aquired and leveled [pet]Son of Sethe[/pet]. at first glance it looks like a staller pet alike [pet]Ruby Droplet[/pet].

1319 health
338 power
257 speed

Its almost P/P, but having some very weird baseline stats. Especially the 257 speed is going to hurt, as that means that many P/P pets will be able to outspeed you as the standard variation is 325p/260s.

Absorb doesnt scale well with power, but Plagued Blood seems to do a far better job, even if used as a spammable attack.
The pet clearly has some longevity thanks to Plagued Blood, Touch of the Animus and Drain Blood. But it feels fragile and much less able to absorb punshment, before healing it back up again. The high power feels kinda wasted. I feel theres far better staller pets out there, though a slight saving grace is being undead.
ever since they nerfed Tail Sweep i realy hoped this pet will replace my scourged whelping. altough its HP is realy low Plagued Blood + Touch of the Animus can work wonders with enough dots. cant wait to buy it :lol:

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » November 22nd, 2014, 6:08 am

Been toying a bit more with [pet]Stormwing[/pet]. Im starting to think that the combo of Call Lightning and Flock is not that good after all. It takes too long to setup the combo to work efficiently on a trainer pet, and wild pets dies too fast for it to have much effect on them.

Turn 1: Cast Call Lightning
Turn 2: Cast Flock
double damage is applied
Turn 3: Starting to do decent damage. But you will likely be a good bit under 50% hp, and thusly loosing speed advantage and likely dying on round 4.

On the other hand, Call Lightning + Quils simply tears through Aquatics, and saving Thunderbolt as a finisher.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » November 23rd, 2014, 10:41 am

Next one is up is [pet]Draenei Micro Defender[/pet]. Having a snazzy draenei robot skin.

A P/S breed mechanical with 1400hp, 289/289

Batter, Shield Block and Ion Cannon seems like the most useful ability set. Its decently speedy to often get use out of Batter and nulling strong single powerhits with Shield block. While saving Ion Cannon for the big damage.

I tried playing with Reflective shield, casting it before using Ion Cannon as a discouragement for being attacked.. But it just doesnt do enough damage to be worth the cast I feel. Having a shield move feels more useful, especially prior to ion cannon and your opponent doesnt use an offensive spell on that turn.
Reflective Shield only triggers on direct damage, reflecting half of it. Dots is completely ignored. And you waste it when the opponent uses a non offensive skill.

I feel its a solid addition to the robot line of pets, a bit more speedy than most mechanicals and thusly more able to make use of moves benefitting from going first. 7.5/10

Melfice
Top Rater
Pet Score:3357
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Melfice » November 25th, 2014, 4:19 pm

Sentinel's Companion - A gift to all Moonlight teams? I think so!

I am a big fan of Moonlight teams for PvP, and this pet adds so much I think. Nice magic attacks, speed and a stun. Or you can use Ethereal for some defense if you like. This pet will tear flyers APART, and it can refresh Moonlight which is a big plus to me

Celestial Dragon, Xu-Fu and Sentinel's Companion. I can see the hurt already ;)

I can see Sentinel's Companion working well with a P/P Moon Moon and an Infected Squirrel/Sporeling Sprout (both are still one of my favorites)

Tonight I'm going to make an Inn in my Garrison. I must have this pet ASAP!

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » November 25th, 2014, 5:30 pm

Aquired and leveled a [pet]Servant of Demidos[/pet]

1197hp
366 power
260 speed

Magic Sword, Siphon Anima and Soul Rush seems to be the most potent of its abilities.

With its high power, all 3 abilities delivers strong hits. And for once, its a magic pet that can really milk its racial thanks to the low hp. Coupled with Siphon Anima, it is easy to get back up and running. It really shines against pets without multiattacks or dots.

Furthermore it comes with a GORGEOUS new voidlord skin! The warlocks will be even more green with envy!

Edit: It seems quite superior to the other new low hp P/P magic pet [pet]Eye of Observation[/pet].
The eye of observation have a rather poor ability set I feel. The slot 2 abilities really wants to go first. But as P/P, the only option is to roll powerball to gain speed superiority or use eyeblast. Neither being something that makes terribly good use of the high power. The selfsustain seems to be nearly nonexist, as well quite low damage for such high power.
Last edited by Luciandk on November 25th, 2014, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Melfice
Top Rater

Post by Melfice » November 25th, 2014, 6:25 pm

I have only seen two Servant of Demidos on my AH, and they were pricey. But I really want to give this pet a try on a Moonlight team. I think it will do well, but I need one to test it out! It's magic based moves and the + healing from Moonlight look very nice to me

Melfice
Top Rater

Post by Melfice » November 25th, 2014, 6:33 pm

Luciandk wrote:Edit: It seems quite superior to the other new low hp P/P magic pet [pet]Eye of Observation[/pet].
The eye of observation have a rather poor ability set I feel. The slot 2 abilities really wants to go first. But as P/P, the only option is to roll powerball to gain speed superiority or use eyeblast. Neither being something that makes terribly good use of the high power. The selfsustain seems to be nearly nonexist, as well quite low damage for such high power.
I was reading your comments on the [pet]Eye of Observation[/pet], Luciandk. Maybe he would be much better on a team with [pet]Yu'la, Broodling of Yu'lon[/pet]

With Celestial Blessing the [pet]Eye of Observation[/pet] will do much better I think. Celestial Blessing works really well with my pets, when I have Yu'la on the team

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » November 25th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Melfice wrote:
Luciandk wrote:Edit: It seems quite superior to the other new low hp P/P magic pet [pet]Eye of Observation[/pet].
I was reading your comments on the [pet]Eye of Observation[/pet], Luciandk. Maybe he would be much better on a team with [pet]Yu'la, Broodling of Yu'lon[/pet]

With Celestial Blessing the [pet]Eye of Observation[/pet] will do much better I think. Celestial Blessing works really well with my pets, when I have Yu'la on the team
I concur, it will help offsetting its fragility. Though I still think the Eye of Observation is plagued by rather low damage.

Zephoslol
Pet Score:3039
Realm:Tarren Mill-eu

Post by Zephoslol » November 25th, 2014, 9:30 pm

Been slightly disappointed with some of the Lvl 3 Menagerie pets. So far I have had the Weebomination, Ghastly Kid & Firewing, all of them rolled...interesting stats to say the least. Weebomination 168, 10/10 at lvl 1, Ghastly Kid 165 10/10 1 and the Firewing has 155 11/11 at 1. I will probably level them and edit this tommorow with their 25 stats. Though, I have to ask: Does anyone know if they come in different breeds? there will definitely be hope for some of them if they can.

Edit: Got my Weebom to 25 and took it in to some PvP battles using a Stormwing & Fossilized Hatchling. Boy, did I underestimate him, with Call Lightning up his Cleave is devastating, each hit can individually Crit & applies the Call Lightning damage, on top of that with his insane Health Pool, Consume Corpse is a massive heal which allows him to keep pumping out Cleaves for days. Definitely worth using if you're looking for a great PvP pet for Cleave teams.
Last edited by Zephoslol on November 26th, 2014, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » November 26th, 2014, 4:53 am

Judging from the stats already listed on their pages here on warcraft pets, they seem to have fixed stats.

Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Blixtiya » November 26th, 2014, 5:50 am

A few pets I got my eyes on:

Teroclaw Hatchling: while slower than many flyers, it has decent hp and power (1546/289/260) and flying speed boost+dodge seems very strong. Ravage might possibly help it heal up, something I like the idea of.

Junglebeak: while mentioned before, looks like it'll hit like a truck, and self-heal for flyers are always nice.

others Im keeping eyes on that was mentioned already are Stormwing, Golden Dawnfeather and Frostfur Rat.

Seems theres a lot of seemingly strong flyers in this xpac huh (though a large amount of the new pets were flyers alltogether)

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » December 1st, 2014, 10:57 pm

Next up is the similar firebirds [pet]Firewing[/pet] and [pet]Sunfire Kaliri[/pet]

Firewing appears to be a bit of a strange creature. Having a fire damage setup, but also a healing setup which is fairly unusual for flyers.
The fire damage setup mainly relies on Scorched Earth to produce burning, which also hurts yourself as you are not an elemental despite the looks. And only causing you to loose flying bonus faster. But if you take Healing Flame you can stay in the game with flying bonus for longer, despite Scorched Earth.

But I think its alternate moveset also has some promise. Alpha Strike, Sunlight and Healing Flame. Selfhealing is quite rare for flyers and Sunlight can really pump it up to ensure you keep your flying speedbonus. Though I think theres far better staller pets pets out there. and relying on Alpha strike alone for damage is not going to amount for that much in the long run. Plus the pet comes in 4 breed varieties. Though the differences between them all is fairly minor.

[pet]Sunfire Kaliri[/pet] on the other hand, is statted more towards a damaging setup. Almost P/P despite being P/S thanks to the odd base stats. Which I think lends itself better to the fire damagesetup shared by Firewing. Deep Burn, Scorched Earth and Cauterize. I think the sunfire kaliri wins ahead over Firewing, due to the better stats. Which benefits the moves far better. Higher damage and stronger selfhealing to better maintain your flying bonus despite scorched earth. Plus the fire kaliri skin is quite good. Also, it only comes in this one breed, making it a lot easier to collect unlike Firewing.

Edit: I just realized something which is a significant minus for the Sunfire Kaliri. Comming at a super slow 211 speed, a flying buffed SfK will only be able to peak at 316 speed. Which is slower than the standard S/S speed of 325.

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » December 6th, 2014, 11:04 am

Luciandk wrote:Ive aquired and leveled [pet]Son of Sethe[/pet]. at first glance it looks like a staller pet alike [pet]Ruby Droplet[/pet].

1319 health
338 power
257 speed

I have been facing an opponent with SoS. It is used as Plagued Blood -> Touch of the Animus -> switch. And then either a blingtron(the coin barrage) or a scourged whelping(death n decay) comes in. The heals are quite substantial and makes for a really good team mate. Just switch back a pet and let them heal.

Of course tougher to do if you face shell or darkness/sandstorm, but if not prepared it is really annoying.

Today I got a Ghastly Kid and it has been really great. Valks has nothing on it. Clonedancers, lol(especially blight hawks that take strong damage). In general it is an uber-valk, and that cleanse with heal is just bonus to an already great ability set.

But one of my new favourites is the S/S Nightshade Sproutling. It comes in a lot of other viable breeds as well. All 6 moves are well composed and can see use.

Zolrek
Pet Score:4096
BattleTag®:Zoll#1164
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Zolrek » December 6th, 2014, 1:09 pm

1319 health
338 power
257 speed

I'm also very happy with my Son of Sethe. The first PvP match I took him into he manage to survive through 2 of the first pets and half the third. I'm not sure how to synergize him with other pets but on his own his longevity is very impressive.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » December 6th, 2014, 1:18 pm

Zolrek wrote:

1319 health
338 power
257 speed

I'm also very happy with my Son of Sethe. The first PvP match I took him into he manage to survive through 2 of the first pets and half the third. I'm not sure how to synergize him with other pets but on his own his longevity is very impressive.
Mind elaborating on which abilities you picked and why? I am curious to hear.

Should have Trunks soon, in a little under 5 hours from now, darkmoon faire opens anew and I can plow through the 2 vonfeasels to complete an awfully long adventure. Trunks seems tailored to use with [ability]Nimbus[/ability] for a crucial hitbutt to make its main spammable attack far more reliable. Still a little up in the air about which of the slot 3s that will be more useful. But im leaning towards Avalanche as its a flexible aoe attack. Though I do wish it was magic damage as well, to gain the buff from Moonlight. Moonlight is pretty much a must have, as it makes When Elekks Fly go first, negating its ultralow speed of 211.

Land Shark is also impending, just 5 more lunkers to go. Focus + blood in the water seems to be the go to combo. Not 100% reliable, but will hit with a stronger punch.
Hrm, im just noticing the breed has been reported. A standard B/B spread. Depressing for such an ornerous pet to get. Not sure I want to bother leveling it now. >.< The poor breed sucking out a lot of its offensive power. At least far more thought went into designing Trunks.

Edit: Luck was smiling on me, finished it. My Land Shark Jaws is now bobbing merilly behind me in his bubble. Now I dont want to see a fishing pole for a LONG time to come!
Last edited by Luciandk on December 6th, 2014, 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » December 6th, 2014, 3:04 pm

Zolrek wrote:

1319 health
338 power
257 speed

sethe is perfect with fiendish imp/corfire imp, together with immolation and humanoid racial he can heal them pretty quick with Plagued Blood and Touch of the Animus. and altough i didnt try it yet using Drain Blood on a target that takes double dmg sound promising.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » December 6th, 2014, 4:40 pm

Luciandk wrote:Mind elaborating on which abilities you picked and why? I am curious to hear.
Sunlight & Build Turrets.
Sunlight provides synergy with Drain Life & Touch of Animus, plus it provides Sandstorm Protection.
Build Turrets hits four times.

It's a slightly weaker (tank) alternative to Son of Animus, which is still amazing.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » December 6th, 2014, 7:12 pm

Finished An awfully big adventure and gained Trunks. Took a few tries to beat Christoph VonFeasel, rng wasnt agreeing with me and I had to use the plushie to soak some big hits. But Cute as a button is actually a pretty good defensive for it, adds 25% chance to dodge.

Trunks is interesting to say it mildly. [ability]When Elekks Fly[/ability] does 787 damage per hit when buffed with Moonlight and is spammable and always going first in moonlight, albeit only with 50% chance to hit. Nimbus can buff it to a more tolerable 70% chance to hit, though I think Trunks takes too much damage during such a setup.

Casting Nimbus, Swapping, Casting Moonlight and finally beginning on casting When Elekks Fly leads to too much incomming damage and still not having a fully reliable attack. So Trunks may be better used on his own and betting on his attack hitting. Certainly a pet for those liking taking chances as the payoff is HUGE!. Though it sure quickly can grow frustrating to miss so much. But at least Trunks have an useful alternative setup with Smash, Ethereal and Headbutt that is far more reliable.

I find a flying Trunks pairs well with Xu-Fu, due to sharing Moonlight as a buffspell, and feeding it to Xu-Fu whom usually cant afford to take it due to otherwise missing out on Feed.

Trunks have a transparent look and a cute flying animation when using When Eleks Fly. Same skin as the older elekk pet [pet]Peanut[/pet], but a more noticeable blue color. Edit: Trunks will not fly in the air with you on a flying mount, just despawns when taking off.

Zolrek
Pet Score:4096
BattleTag®:Zoll#1164
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Zolrek » December 6th, 2014, 9:18 pm

Luciandk wrote:
Zolrek wrote:

1319 health
338 power
257 speed

Mind elaborating on which abilities you picked and why? I am curious to hear.
I went 1,2,1. Just lots of healing. It does seem to do well when there is no type advantage going on but since these abilities are all just damage with healing there is no real utility with this one.