Quintessence of Light - any ideas?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Malibu12s
MVP
Pet Score:3491
BattleTag®:MaxVanquish#1244
Realm:Baelgun-us
Re: Quintessence of Light - any ideas?

Post by Malibu12s » October 13th, 2015, 1:45 pm

Jerebear wrote:
Biscuit wrote:Am I missing something here?
Pre nerf that didn't work all the time (that is what you are missing). Quintessence's rotation was different and she hit harder. What could often happen (about 25% of the time) is that she would triple hit the water spirit twice in a row and kill it before you could get off Whirlpool (leaving only Geyser up). Back then, to get a guaranteed kill, you needed an exploder to explode on round one, placing the water spirit on her heatup round (which used to be round 3), allowing the water spirit to always live. Then all you had to worry about on Chrominius was 2 rounds of triple hits + 2 crits, which was a much lower chance (<1%).

A lot of earlier comments in this thread were pre nerf.

You are right that now a days it is much easier. A lot of people don't like the howl bomb (I don't mind either way myself), so they want alternate methods is probably another reason.
That explains a lot. I kept seeing this come up as a recent thread and was like "Huh? Why are people still having issues with this fight?"

On a side note: Why do "A lot of people not like the howl bomb". That doesn't seem to make much sense to me. It is one of the most versatile and universal strategies in pet battling. Why would people not like something that works so well. I'm not talking PvP of course.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: Quintessence of Light - any ideas?

Post by Worgenbait » October 18th, 2015, 10:33 pm

This is one of the easiest battles for me. I use Disgusting Oozeling, Jade Oozeling, and... well, whatever you want cause it's dead with those two, though I use my Viscous Horror JUST in case it gets lucky. Oily Slimeling and Toxic Wasteling works as well.

What you want is Ooze Touch, Corrosion, and Acidic Goo. Go Acidic Goo, Corrosion, then Ooze Touch till your first pet dies. Repeat with your second and the bird goes down before the second pet is even at half life most times.