What do you recommend to have at 25?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Ashkir
Pet Score:2986
BattleTag®:Ashkir#1440
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us
What do you recommend to have at 25?

Post by Ashkir » November 6th, 2014, 6:11 pm

My pet collection is rather weak! But, I am building it up and you all have some fantastic tips. I have successfully defeated everything up to Pandaria. I struggle a little bit and hope I get lucky for a few fights especially the self-healing ones that basically completely heal themselves.

I currently have:
Iron Starlette (P/P),
Alterac Brew-Pup,
Amethyst Spiderling (H/S),
Bandicoon Kit (B/B),
Darkmoon Zeppelin (H/B),
Luyu Moth (P/S),
Pandaren Monk (P/S),
Rocket Reaver (P/P),
Rapana Whelk (B/B)

I am seeking any recommendation. I spent a few hours trying to get a Nexus Whelpling, unfortunately the best I found was uncommon so I'm fighting by the Order of the Cloud Serpents in hope for a stone to rare it up. I'm looking for any other recommendations you have.

I absolutely love the Iron Starlette thus far :D

Edit: Wow! This took several hours to post! Welcome back WarcraftPets!

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Re: What do you recommend to have at 25?

Post by Jazeel » November 6th, 2014, 6:31 pm

My advice would be to check one of the awfully big adventure guides for the WoD achievement and plan your lvl 25s according to the pets required to do that.

Sellys
Pet Score:9122
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Sellys » November 6th, 2014, 7:28 pm

If you're having trouble with things healing, I'd suggest a crow. They can be found as secondary pets on the darkmoon island, and the Faire is on for another couple of days.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » November 6th, 2014, 8:49 pm

Blizz has gone out of their way to honor diversity in their trainers. So many different talents, lot of which require you to have certain types with certain talents to have much of a chance against them. I notice your 25 stable missing Dragonkin, Undead, and Magic pets, that's going to make some of the trainer battles really nasty. Level up your Toxic Wasteling, Ghostly Skull, and Spirit of Competition so you have different types to use when you need them.

For routine leveling, which I know is kinda boring, get a Feline Familiar and of course now that Hallow's Eve is over that means AH, and they aren't cheap. Still, if you can get one, is amazing for battling wild pets with a lower level being carried. Maybe you can trade one of your Birman or Widgets for one.

25's I use most with trainers are Anubisath Idol (humanoid), Emerald Proto-Whelp (dragonkin), and Rapana Whelk (which you have, gratz!). These guys alone would have difficulty with some of the trainers but paired with some that you already have, they'd give you a much better chance. If you're willing to spend hour or so in Sholazar Basin (Northrend) should be able to capture a rare proto-whelp. Or if you have an alt you can camp there and check every few hours.

Good luck.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 6th, 2014, 11:17 pm

I'd suggest looking at a good tamer guide and levelling the pets you need for the tamers as they will be your key for getting other pets to 25 quickly:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7556
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Moksu
Pet Score:2148
Realm:Darksorrow-eu

Post by Moksu » November 7th, 2014, 8:39 am

Jazeel wrote:My advice would be to check one of the awfully big adventure guides for the WoD achievement and plan your lvl 25s according to the pets required to do that.

Can you suggest some guide for this achievement?

Thanks

Tradissa
Pet Score:3998
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Tradissa » November 7th, 2014, 9:27 am

[pet]Spawn of Onyxia[/pet] is my #1 pet with [pet]Spawn of G'nathus[/pet] as my follow up.

The third pet is a leveling pet. I can beat most any opponent with this combo. If I run into a opponent that is strong against dragonkin or aquatic, then I switch out based on need for something that the opponent is weak against. If the opponent is weak against your pet, then you have a good chance of surviving.