Cristoph von Feasel

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
User avatar
Lyraat
Posts: 5
Joined: March 23rd, 2014
Pet Score: 4209
Realm: Elune-US
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Lyraat » November 5th, 2014, 1:03 am

I used [pet]Lil' XT[/pet] and [pet]Enchanted Broom[/pet].

Start with Enchanted Broom.
Sweep --> Out goes Syd, in comes cow
Switch to XT
Heartbreaker
Tympanic Tantrum
Zap until cow dies
Switch to Enchanted Broom when Syd comes back out
Sweep (though the second sweep didnt work, not sure why)
Wind Up and Batter until dead.

User avatar
Iibis
Posts: 154
Joined: October 21st, 2013
Pet Score: 4297
Realm: Emerald Dream-EU
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Iibis » November 5th, 2014, 5:45 am

Chibimage wrote:Or you could use my 2 pet strat that is 100% effective (the one with the Lil' XT) -- I figured out the strat to use him in beta and it's been working ever since :D
I wouldn't mind Lil' XT, but I haven't been able to find a written strategy with that (that would swap to a carry pet). Could you explain what strategy you are talking about?

User avatar
Malekith
Posts: 18
Joined: November 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 4448
Realm: Los Errantes-EU
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Malekith » November 5th, 2014, 7:08 am

I started with [pet]Lil' XT[/pet] and finished with [pet]Skywisp Moth[/pet] combined with a whelp in the middle as recommended by Faadar.
In fact I only had a green 23 level [pet]Skywisp Moth[/pet] but it works anyway.

In any case no Squid in the bag, as no Darkmoon Eye in all my bags. :oops:

User avatar
Cuphat
Posts: 3
Joined: December 7th, 2013
Pet Score: 4886
Realm: Mal'Ganis-US
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Cuphat » November 5th, 2014, 7:58 am

Lyraat wrote:I used [pet]Lil' XT[/pet] and [pet]Enchanted Broom[/pet].

Start with Enchanted Broom.
Sweep --> Out goes Syd, in comes cow
Switch to XT
Heartbreaker
Tympanic Tantrum
Zap until cow dies
Switch to Enchanted Broom when Syd comes back out
Sweep (though the second sweep didnt work, not sure why)
Wind Up and Batter until dead.
This general strategy worked great for me today. I kept XT in there until he died, though, and forgot to swap in my carry pet (doh) but the Broom finished off Syd and Mr. Pointy really easily after XT blasted them. It had a whole lot of health left at the end, only taking 1 attack for 233 damage from Syd. I could see it taking two more attacks at most (an extra hit from Syd if I swapped in a carry pet, and an attack from Mr. Pointy (though maybe he'd have shielding instead of attacked?) if my Batter only hit him twice instead of three times.

Start off by Sweeping Syd away, swap to XT, Heartbreaker, Tympanic Tantrum. The cow was dead at the end of the tantrum for me. Zap Syd a few times until XT dies, swap to your carry pet, swap to the Broom, and then have fun. Syd had one more charge of his bubble shield when my broom came in, so sweep or batter through it and he should die the next time he takes damage (at least he did for me). Mr. Pointy then comes out with a low amount of health, and my batter finished it off with a 3-hit. You could probably charge a wind-up with Syd and take another attack from it and just blast Pointy with the Wind-Up to make sure it dies without a attacking you.

Either way, if you have an XT it seems like a good choice.

User avatar
Flohsakk
Posts: 188
Joined: July 19th, 2012
Pet Score: 9572
Realm: Blackhand-EU
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Flohsakk » November 5th, 2014, 10:55 am

Iibis wrote:Here's my log:
0927 [Pet Battle]: Bronze Whelpling is now your active pet.
0927 [Pet Battle]: Syd is now enemy active pet.
0927 [Pet Battle]: Round 1
Can you please tell me, how to get a combat log that I can use offline... I've only seen Battle Pet Tactics addon, but didn't try it.

User avatar
Iibis
Posts: 154
Joined: October 21st, 2013
Pet Score: 4297
Realm: Emerald Dream-EU
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Iibis » November 5th, 2014, 1:28 pm

Flohsakk wrote:
Iibis wrote:Here's my log:
Can you please tell me, how to get a combat log that I can use offline... I've only seen Battle Pet Tactics addon, but didn't try it.
I'm afraid I don't really have anything for that. I just copy+pasted my pet battle chat using BasicChatMods:)

User avatar
Malekith
Posts: 18
Joined: November 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 4448
Realm: Los Errantes-EU
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Malekith » November 6th, 2014, 5:38 am

Bryndylan wrote:
Luciandk wrote:Lil xt as an opener seems really good. Start with Zap, heartbroken and tympanic tantrum. Then the second pet will be badly hurt and easilly killed next.
This is what I did too, though it was before I came here looking for suggestions. I used and was successful on the first try with:

Landro's Lil' XT with Zap, Heartbroken, Tympanic Tantrum
Lil' Tarecgosa with Breath, Wild Magic, Arcane Explosion
Darkmoon Tonk with Missile, Shock and Awe, Ion Cannon

Start off with Zap, then heartbroken, then Tympanic Tantrum until XT is dead. Syd was still alive at this point, so I switched in Lil' Tarecgosa. Used Wild Magic, and just kept using Arcane Explosion. By the time Tarecgosa was dead, Syd and Mr. Pointy were both dead, and Otto had very little health left, and was easy pickings for the Darkmoon Tonk.
Check that you must prepare your [pet]Lil' Tarecgosa[/pet] with [ability]Arcane Explosion[/ability] NOT with [ability]Breath[/ability] :roll:

User avatar
Narish
Posts: 7
Joined: November 13th, 2013
Pet Score: 5700
Realm: Kor'gall-EU
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Narish » November 6th, 2014, 5:49 am

Using:

-Zandalari Anklerender (P/S) Hunting party/PrimalCry/Black Claw
-Iron Starlette (P/P) Wind Up/Supercharge

With Raptor

R1 Primal Cry
R2 Black Claw
R3 R4 Hunting Party (Syd dies)
vs Pointy
R5 Black Claw
R6 Primal Cry (must be delayed to avoid rng here, raptor die either this round or the next)
R7 carry pet
R8 With Iron Starlette
R9 Wind Up
R10 Wind Up (Pointy dies)
vs Otto
R11 Wind Up
R12 Supercharge
R13 Wind Up (Otto dies from Starlette in its ress round)

12-13 rounds depending on whether Pointy kills the Raptor on its second turn.

It's not crit proof (no strat really are) but it's RNG free. Work only with a P/S raptor (didn't test with a S/S)

Youtube link: /watch?v=pgj4fo1fXSc

Moksu
Posts: 27
Joined: February 4th, 2013
Pet Score: 2148
Realm: Darksorrow-EU
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Moksu » November 7th, 2014, 2:02 am

Narish wrote:Using:

-Zandalari Anklerender (P/S) Hunting party/PrimalCry/Black Claw
-Iron Starlette (P/P) Wind Up/Supercharge

With Raptor

R1 Primal Cry
R2 Black Claw
R3 R4 Hunting Party (Syd dies)
vs Pointy
R5 Black Claw
R6 Primal Cry (must be delayed to avoid rng here, raptor die either this round or the next)
R7 carry pet
R8 With Iron Starlette
R9 Wind Up
R10 Wind Up (Pointy dies)
vs Otto
R11 Wind Up
R12 Supercharge
R13 Wind Up (Otto dies from Starlette in its ress round)

12-13 rounds depending on whether Pointy kills the Raptor on its second turn.

It's not crit proof (no strat really are) but it's RNG free. Work only with a P/S raptor (didn't test with a S/S)

Youtube link: /watch?v=pgj4fo1fXSc
It is not RNG free, if Mr. Pointys Horn Gore hits for 400+ to your Iron Starlette, he won't stay alive long enough to kill Otto.
Also works with P/B raptor.. why even got /S since there is no need for it when spamming Primal cry.

User avatar
Narish
Posts: 7
Joined: November 13th, 2013
Pet Score: 5700
Realm: Kor'gall-EU
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Narish » November 7th, 2014, 1:08 pm

Moksu wrote:It is not RNG free, if Mr. Pointys Horn Gore hits for 400+ to your Iron Starlette, he won't stay alive long enough to kill Otto.
Also works with P/B raptor.. why even got /S since there is no need for it when spamming Primal cry.
For the sake of the Elekk plushie Achievement, you don't actually have to switch in a lvl 1 pet so you can gain 1 round switching to Starlette fixing the situation where the isn't enough rounds to kill Otto before the Starlette die, making it RNG free in that scenario. No strat I know of involving a starlette is reliable because of Horn Gore damage, but this one has a lesser turn count.

Edit: Overlooked the P/B being 276 instead of 289, would work as well then. But idea was delaying Primal Cry by a round (I tested initally with a P/P = 276 speed) would have pointy outspeed the Raptor in the last Wind up round (making it impossible then)

User avatar
Radnok
Posts: 54
Joined: August 14th, 2012
Pet Score: 4023
Realm: Madoran-US
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Radnok » November 7th, 2014, 1:56 pm

Luciandk wrote:Lil xt as an opener seems really good. Start with Zap, heartbroken and tympanic tantrum. Then the second pet will be badly hurt and easilly killed next.
I use Lil XT for Jeremy, kicking off with the tantrum and running it as much as possible. Haven't though of using the same on Christoph. Must give it a try.
Radnok (Alliance/Kilrogg)
Igasho/Pandirella (Horde/Madoran)

Guest
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Guest » November 7th, 2014, 10:15 pm

Menagerie Custodian
with Zap, Shock and Awe, and Lock-On

User avatar
Enderdragon
Posts: 13
Joined: March 19th, 2013
Pet Score: 2970
BattleTag®: EnderDragon#1781
Realm: Earthen Ring-US
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Enderdragon » November 8th, 2014, 12:06 pm

Wolfson wrote:It looks like the newest member of the Darkmoon Faire pet team is up with this month's faire, so what teams have you found success with against him to level a carry pet?

After a little experimenting, I was able to get him with a team of, ironically, all post-6.0.2 pets.

Bronze Whelpling (2,1,1) (H/S or S/S)
Iron Starlette (1,1,1) (I think any breed should work)

Start with the Whelpling, use Fly to avoid his first Whirlpool, Tail Sweep otherwise. Once Syd dies, use Early Advantage the first turn against Mr. Pointy, then Tail Sweep until the Whelpling dies. Bring out the carry pet, then immediately swap to the Starlette. One Powerball, Wind-up, and Wind-up will kill Mr. Pointy. Then Wind-up, Supercharge, and Wind-up will handle Otto.

I was just trying to take him down tonight with the breeds I have levelled, but I'll see if I can get a clearer idea of which ones work or don't work as I fight him during the rest of the week.

Edited for better breed info (thank you for the feedback).
Used your strategy and it works wonders. My Bronze Whelp is P/S, but still worked with this strat. Got my carry pet to 10 (because I forgot to use my Safari hat...) Thank you for this strategy.

User avatar
Landi
Posts: 8
Joined: March 3rd, 2014
Pet Score: 5248
Realm: Dalaran-US
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Landi » November 8th, 2014, 2:14 pm

What's the pattern with his disappearances?

Do you only get two tries total? I forfeited one battle because I chose the wrong move, and then lost the other to RNG. After the loss, the horse was still there, so I thought I'd battle Jeremy and then go back--but now the horse is gone.

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere...

User avatar
Jerebear
Posts: 1157
Joined: September 15th, 2013
Pet Score: 9413
Realm: Llane-US
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Jerebear » November 8th, 2014, 3:11 pm

Landi wrote:What's the pattern with his disappearances?

Do you only get two tries total? I forfeited one battle because I chose the wrong move, and then lost the other to RNG. After the loss, the horse was still there, so I thought I'd battle Jeremy and then go back--but now the horse is gone.

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere...
he's still there and clickable even though you cannot see him. I am able to turn in my quests and restart battle when this happens.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

User avatar
Landi
Posts: 8
Joined: March 3rd, 2014
Pet Score: 5248
Realm: Dalaran-US
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Landi » November 8th, 2014, 7:49 pm

I tried mousing all over the area where he was but got nothing clickable. Never got the !. I was on an alt later and he was back so I got the bag (so far an unbroken streak of...hairballs).

User avatar
Narish
Posts: 7
Joined: November 13th, 2013
Pet Score: 5700
Realm: Kor'gall-EU
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Narish » November 9th, 2014, 12:22 pm

Landi wrote:I tried mousing all over the area where he was but got nothing clickable. Never got the !. I was on an alt later and he was back so I got the bag (so far an unbroken streak of...hairballs).

TL;DR : Just relog.

Basically what happens is that there is a chance that the npc despawn when engaging him. When starting a pet battle, the area get cleared of all nearby NPCs (and players) since Christoph is standing closest to the player at that point the 'quest giver' get despawned and the 'tamer' spawn instead but when the fight ends, there is chance that the 'quest giver' doesn't respawn, leaving only the horse. Then, clicking on the horse to start the battle can do the same thing to the horse as well, leaving nothing to click on. Should probably report it as a bug since it only happens to this NPC.

User avatar
Flawedhero
Posts: 11
Joined: September 29th, 2012
Pet Score: 7925
Realm: Stormrage-US
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Flawedhero » November 10th, 2014, 2:13 am

I've had a lot of success with a double XT setup. I know that involves a TCG and a Store pet so it may not be the most feasible for the average battler but it's an incredibly simple setup. Best used on mid-level carries when you just want to get in and out quickly.

Start with your carry.

Round 1: Any single-round attack
Round 2: Swap for XT
Round 3: Heartbroken
Round 4: Tympanic Tantrum

You'll likely die in the middle of Tantrum only to be revived and finish it off. Once your first XT dies, bring in the 2nd and repeat steps 3 & 4.

Half the time, the backline pets would die before Syd and if not, the Cow only had a very small amount of HP left and the carry could finish it off easily.

User avatar
Rendigar
MVP
Posts: 421
Joined: August 11th, 2013
Pet Score: 5288
Realm: Ysera-US
Contact:

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Rendigar » December 8th, 2014, 1:05 pm

Narish wrote:
Landi wrote:I tried mousing all over the area where he was but got nothing clickable. Never got the !. I was on an alt later and he was back so I got the bag (so far an unbroken streak of...hairballs).

TL;DR : Just relog.

Basically what happens is that there is a chance that the npc despawn when engaging him. When starting a pet battle, the area get cleared of all nearby NPCs (and players) since Christoph is standing closest to the player at that point the 'quest giver' get despawned and the 'tamer' spawn instead but when the fight ends, there is chance that the 'quest giver' doesn't respawn, leaving only the horse. Then, clicking on the horse to start the battle can do the same thing to the horse as well, leaving nothing to click on. Should probably report it as a bug since it only happens to this NPC.
One thing you might want to do because it's just useful in so many places is go into your keybinds and bind a key (I use `) to interact with target. You can then type /target Christoph and then hit your keybind to get his menu. This is also useful for targetting and battling pets that are inside of trees (like Shardhorns in Sholazar Basin).

Post Reply