Cristoph von Feasel

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us
Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Jerebear » November 3rd, 2014, 7:40 pm

Arji wrote: My Bronze Whelpling is a P/P and the Starlette sadly is a H/P - with those two I couldn't pull it off.

Mr. Pointy gets his shield up befor Starlette even hits plus I don't get a Tail Swipe in as the 2nd Whirlpool gets the Whelpling down and Mr. Pointy kills him with Impale. After that I'm one round short to hit Otto with the supercharged Wind-Up.
Something doesn't make a lot of sense here for the P/P scenario you mentioned:

Syd:
R1: Tail Sweep while Whirlpool goes up
R2: Tail Sweep blocked by Bubble
R3: Take damage and then lift-off to avoid the whirlpool
R4: Syd misses and lift-oft finished to remove 2nd charge of Bubble
R5: Tail Sweep while 2nd Whirlpool is laid
R6: Tail sweep and take damage from Syd but kill him

Direhorn:
R7: Early Advantage and either take damage (not enough to kill your whelp yet) or trihorn shield. Whirlpool hits at the end.
R8: If didn't die to whirlpool, then die to the Direhorn's attack...Select Carry Pet (or plushie)
R9: Switch Immediately to Starlette
R10: Windup
R11: Powerball
R12: Windup (kills direhorn)

cow:
R13: Windup
R14: Supercharge
R15: Windup (kills cow)

The windup on R12 shouldn't hit during a trihorn shield charge. The 2nd whirlpool should never hit your P/P until after you have had one attack in on the dire horn and you come into the direhorn only taking 2 hits of damage from Syd, so impale should not be anywhere close to killing you if it hits you twice. Did you follow a different sequence perhaps?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » November 3rd, 2014, 7:50 pm

i fight him using the same team i use to fight jeremy feasel. both of them are insanely easy to beat.

Narish
Pet Score:5700
Realm:Kor'gall-eu

Post by Narish » November 3rd, 2014, 8:21 pm

Jerebear wrote:
Arji wrote: My Bronze Whelpling is a P/P and the Starlette sadly is a H/P - with those two I couldn't pull it off.

Mr. Pointy gets his shield up befor Starlette even hits plus I don't get a Tail Swipe in as the 2nd Whirlpool gets the Whelpling down and Mr. Pointy kills him with Impale. After that I'm one round short to hit Otto with the supercharged Wind-Up.
Something doesn't make a lot of sense here for the P/P scenario you mentioned:

Syd:

Direhorn:
R7: Early Advantage and either take damage (not enough to kill your whelp yet) or trihorn shield. Whirlpool hits at the end.
R8: If didn't die to whirlpool, then die to the Direhorn's attack...Select Carry Pet (or plushie)

cow:

The windup on R12 shouldn't hit during a trihorn shield charge. The 2nd whirlpool should never hit your P/P until after you have had one attack in on the dire horn and you come into the direhorn only taking 2 hits of damage from Syd, so impale should not be anywhere close to killing you if it hits you twice. Did you follow a different sequence perhaps?
Arji is right, when Mr. Pointy comes up and use an attack, it's going to be Impale because the pet is below 25% health (that's how the A.I. is designed) so that mean he will not *take* damage but die from 987 impale hit. When the P/P Bronze Whelpling is done with Syd, it will have too low health and the Direhorn will use Impale instead of Trihorn Shield. (which is also what I have experienced)

Now, the best Breed for a Bronze Whelpling on this encounter is a H/S because its 289 speed is slower than Syd (315) but faster than the rest (281) meaning that Tail Sweep will do max damage, but will go first against the beasts allowing for that extra bit of damage that an Iron Starlette would not have to do. Conversely, a P/P iron starlette is also the best since it's un-Supercharged damage allows to kill a freshly Early-Advantaged Mr. Pointy with a single Wind Up (1341 damage). A S/S Bronze Whelpling should be good enough for the task (I haven't extensively tested as I came up with another strat before reading this)

Youtube link: /watch?v=pgj4fo1fXSc

My own strat using a P/S Zandalari Anklerender and a P/P Iron starlette in 12 turns.
Last edited by Narish on November 6th, 2014, 7:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » November 3rd, 2014, 9:44 pm

I used Enchanted Broom & Darkmoon Tonk the last few days. It does not feel reliable enough to use it every day while using a pet treat. It is quite slow too! It however works and it is faster than the first Rabbit team that I tried.

I avoid reading other posts, because I do not want big spoilers.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 3rd, 2014, 10:52 pm

Narish wrote: Arji is right, when Mr. Pointy comes up and use an attack, it's going to be Impale because the pet is below 25% health (that's how the A.I. is designed) so that mean he will not *take* damage but die from 987 impale hit. When the P/P Bronze Whelpling is done with Syd, it will have too low health and the Direhorn will use Impale instead of Trihorn Shield. (which is also what I have experienced)
That's what I was getting at. The bronze whelp has 1400 health and only takes 2 hits from Syd. So unless he crits, the whelp shouldn't be under 25%. That's assuming the sequence:
Syd:
The whelp only takes damage on R3 and R6. All other rounds are damage free from Syd. Mind you this is with a P/P. The whelp shouldn't be under 25% unless there are some crits. Syd would have to be hitting for 525+ on the whelpling per attack for that to happen. I think something else is happening (maybe a deviation from the above pattern?)? I'll do some more permutations to verify tomorrow hopefully.

Wolfson
Pet Score:9340
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Wolfson » November 4th, 2014, 2:29 am

That is very clever, Narish, definitely looks like an improvement over the Whelpling/Starlette team. Most importantly, because you get your speed buff from the Pup, you save a turn for the Starlette by not needing to Powerball. That gives you one extra turn of life for the Starlette, and therefore adds some protection against enemy crits that my setup was lacking. Based on the fight you showed, I think any breed of Starlette should work, although that could leave you vulnerable to bad luck with Flurry procs adding rounds to the fight and killing the Pup before he can get Mr. Pointy low enough.

Nice work.

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » November 4th, 2014, 2:41 am

I did it again this morning with S/S Bronze Whelpling and H/H Iron Starlette. I took up the suggestion to use wind-up to buff powerball.

Against Syd:
Bronze Whelpling: Tail Sweep -> Tail Sweep -> Lift-Off -> Tail Sweep -> Tail Sweep (Syd dies)

Against Mr. Pointy:
Early Advantage (Whelpling dies)
Switch to carry pet -> Switch to Iron Starlette
Wind-up -> Powerball -> Wind-up -> Wind-up -> Powerball (shield wasn't up anymore so Powerball killed Mr. Pointy)

Against Otto:
Supercharge -> Wind-up (Otto dies)

Here's my log:
0927 [Pet Battle]: Bronze Whelpling is now your active pet.
0927 [Pet Battle]: Syd is now enemy active pet.
0927 [Pet Battle]: Round 1
0927 [Pet Battle]: [Tail Sweep] dealt 377 damage to enemy Syd (Strong).
0927 [Pet Battle]: [Whirlpool] applied [Whirlpool] to your team.
0927 [Pet Battle]: Round 2
0927 [Pet Battle]: [Tail Sweep] dealt 377 damage to enemy Syd (Strong).
0927 [Pet Battle]: [Bubble] applied [Bubble] to enemy Syd.
0927 [Pet Battle]: Round 3
0927 [Pet Battle]: [Lift-Off] applied [Flying] to your Bronze Whelpling.
0927 [Pet Battle]: [Water Jet] missed your Bronze Whelpling.
0927 [Pet Battle]: [Whirlpool] missed your Bronze Whelpling.
0927 [Pet Battle]: [Whirlpool] fades from your team.
0927 [Pet Battle]: Round 4
0927 [Pet Battle]: [Lift-Off] was blocked from striking enemy Syd.
0927 [Pet Battle]: [Flying] fades from your Bronze Whelpling.
0927 [Pet Battle]: [Water Jet] dealt 353 damage to your Bronze Whelpling.
0928 [Pet Battle]: Round 5
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Tail Sweep] was blocked from striking enemy Syd.
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Bubble] fades from enemy Syd.
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Whirlpool] applied [Whirlpool] to your team.
0928 [Pet Battle]: Round 6
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Tail Sweep] dealt 377 damage to enemy Syd (Strong).
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Water Jet] dealt 353 damage to your Bronze Whelpling.
0928 [Pet Battle]: applied [Dragonkin] to your Bronze Whelpling.
0928 [Pet Battle]: Round 7
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Tail Sweep] dealt 560 damage to enemy Syd (Strong).
0928 [Pet Battle]: Enemy Syd died.
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Whirlpool] dealt 530 damage to your Bronze Whelpling.
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Whirlpool] applied [Rooted] to your Bronze Whelpling.
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Dragonkin] fades from your Bronze Whelpling.
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Whirlpool] fades from your team.
0928 [Pet Battle]: Round 7
0928 [Pet Battle]: Mr. Pointy is now enemy active pet.
0928 [Pet Battle]: Round 8
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Early Advantage] dealt 279 damage to enemy Mr. Pointy.
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Early Advantage] dealt 279 damage to enemy Mr. Pointy.
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Impale] dealt 987 damage to your Bronze Whelpling.
0928 [Pet Battle]: Your Bronze Whelpling died.
0928 [Pet Battle]: Round 8
0928 [Pet Battle]: Lunar Lantern is now your active pet.
0928 [Pet Battle]: Round 9
0928 [Pet Battle]: Iron Starlette is now your active pet.
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Trihorn Shield] applied [Trihorn Shield] to enemy Mr. Pointy.
0928 [Pet Battle]: Round 10
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Horn Gore] dealt 336 damage to your Iron Starlette.
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Wind-Up] applied [Wind-Up] to your Iron Starlette.
0928 [Pet Battle]: Round 11
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Horn Gore] dealt 398 damage to your Iron Starlette.
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Powerball] dealt 27 damage to enemy Mr. Pointy.
0928 [Pet Battle]: [Powerball] applied [Speed Boost] to your Iron Starlette.
0929 [Pet Battle]: Round 12
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Wind-Up] fades from your Iron Starlette.
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Wind-Up] dealt 773 damage to enemy Mr. Pointy (Strong).
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Wind-Up] applied [Beast] to enemy Mr. Pointy.
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Horn Gore] dealt 619 damage to your Iron Starlette.
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Trihorn Shield] fades from enemy Mr. Pointy.
0929 [Pet Battle]: Round 13
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Wind-Up] applied [Wind-Up] to your Iron Starlette.
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Impale] dealt 1234 damage to your Iron Starlette.
0929 [Pet Battle]: Your Iron Starlette died.
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Failsafe] healed 345 damage from your Iron Starlette.
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Failsafe] applied [Mechanical] to your Iron Starlette.
0929 [Pet Battle]: Round 14
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Powerball] dealt 244 damage to enemy Mr. Pointy.
0929 [Pet Battle]: Enemy Mr. Pointy died.
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Powerball] applied [Speed Boost] to your Iron Starlette.
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Mechanical] fades from your Iron Starlette.
0929 [Pet Battle]: Round 14
0929 [Pet Battle]: Otto is now enemy active pet.
0929 [Pet Battle]: Round 15
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Supercharge] applied [Supercharged] to your Iron Starlette.
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Darkmoon Curse] dealt 105 damage to your Iron Starlette (Weak).
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Darkmoon Curse] applied [Attack Reduction] to your Iron Starlette.
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Darkmoon Curse] applied [Attack Boost] to enemy Otto.
0929 [Pet Battle]: Round 16
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Wind-Up] fades from your Iron Starlette.
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Wind-Up] dealt 2099 damage to enemy Otto (Strong).
0929 [Pet Battle]: Enemy Otto died.
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Supercharged] fades from your Iron Starlette.
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Wind-Up] applied [Beast] to enemy Otto.
0929 [Pet Battle]: [Battle Recovery] healed 743 damage from your Iron Starlette.
0929 [Pet Battle]: Your Lunar Lantern gains 3410 XP.
0929 [Pet Battle]: Your Lunar Lantern has reached Level 24!

Narish

Post by Narish » November 4th, 2014, 4:40 am

Jerebear wrote:
Narish wrote: Arji is right, when Mr. Pointy comes up and use an attack, it's going to be Impale because the pet is below 25% health (that's how the A.I. is designed) so that mean he will not *take* damage but die from 987 impale hit. When the P/P Bronze Whelpling is done with Syd, it will have too low health and the Direhorn will use Impale instead of Trihorn Shield. (which is also what I have experienced)
That's what I was getting at. The bronze whelp has 1400 health and only takes 2 hits from Syd. So unless he crits, the whelp shouldn't be under 25%. That's assuming the sequence:
Syd:
The whelp only takes damage on R3 and R6. All other rounds are damage free from Syd. Mind you this is with a P/P. The whelp shouldn't be under 25% unless there are some crits. Syd would have to be hitting for 525+ on the whelpling per attack for that to happen. I think something else is happening (maybe a deviation from the above pattern?)? I'll do some more permutations to verify tomorrow hopefully.
I don't really want to go in circles but:

The A.I. is designed to prioritize Impale on a pet that is below 25% over Trihorn Shield. In the post I initially quoted you mention of the Direhorn *attacking* on its first turn which means that the drake (being a P/P) dies that turn without doing any damage making it harder for an Iron Starlette to clean up the rest. But I agree. Something doesn't quite add up and I guess I would have to test it again to remember what made me change my mind about the Whelp.

Edit: Ok, I'm guessing there might be a bug with Tail Sweep at the moment and the latest patch since my P/P (341 power) Infinite Whelp only hit for 508 damage on a Magical pet (451 damage on the tooltip majored at 676 for being strong against this type). It probably is cache related.
Wolfson wrote:That is very clever, Narish, definitely looks like an improvement over the Whelpling/Starlette team. Most importantly, because you get your speed buff from the Pup, you save a turn for the Starlette by not needing to Powerball. That gives you one extra turn of life for the Starlette, and therefore adds some protection against enemy crits that my setup was lacking. Based on the fight you showed, I think any breed of Starlette should work, although that could leave you vulnerable to bad luck with Flurry procs adding rounds to the fight and killing the Pup before he can get Mr. Pointy low enough.

Nice work.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Granted that the Pup will always be faster than Syd because of Dazzling dance, it always get 2 or 3 Flurry procs and in the video I actually get 2 non Beast buffed (25% damage) triple hits and only 2 Beast buffed double hit so I guess the odds of not being able to finish off Syd in that turn are really low (That would take four non triple flurry which would fall under the bad rng category in my books). Then again, it's the first Tamer using legendary pets that people *would* use for leveling purpose. I mostly enjoy finding out efficient strategy and this one have a little more rng protection than with the Whelp.

Edit: After further testing this doesn't prove as reliable as I want it to be since in the video the Water Jet crit bring the pup into the Beast buff range and the added damage help with killing it a round earlier. While the Strategy will bring the fight to its intended end, it will leave the iron star with little room for error. (And I killed the tamer for the day so I will test more options tomorrow; my next best guess is delaying Crouch for take advantage of the Beast racial and rule the RNG part out)
Last edited by Narish on November 4th, 2014, 7:09 am, edited 13 times in total.

Moksu
Pet Score:2148
Realm:Darksorrow-eu

Post by Moksu » November 4th, 2014, 4:45 am

Thanks for the guide works perfectly with H/P Bronze Whelpling and P/P Iron Starlette

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 4th, 2014, 7:22 am

Narish wrote: Edit: Ok, I'm guessing there might be a bug with Tail Sweep at the moment and the latest patch since my P/P (341 power) Infinite Whelp only hit for 508 damage on a Magical pet (451 damage on the tooltip majored at 676 for being strong against this type). It probably is cache related.
My P/P Bronze Whelp doing 560 capped damage with a regular tail sweep. I just tested in game just a few minutes ago to verify so I wonder if the recent hotfix fixed the damage issue you were seeing. On a side note, sorry if I am being annoying to you. I really appreciate all the work you are putting into this as well. I don't mean anything malicious with my posting.
Iibis wrote:I did it again this morning with S/S Bronze Whelpling and H/H Iron Starlette. I took up the suggestion to use wind-up to buff powerball.
My apologies. the WU, PB, WU was a suggestion if you came from a P/P Bronze Whelp (where Trihorn shield is used on the 1st Mr. Pointy round). With an S/S I should have said WU, PB, PB, WU (because Trihorn Shield comes 1 round later). Sorry about that, I didn't catch myself. So many P/P and S/S's flying around, I thought you were talking about a P/P for some reason. I got mixed up.

EDIT: Though I think this only works with an H/H starlette paired with an S/S whelp. I need to test vs other breeds paired with the S/S whelp.

Coilla
Pet Score:3658
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Coilla » November 4th, 2014, 2:46 pm

Narish, I watched your video and used your moves, 5 times I attempted it and 5 times I lost badly. There is tons of RNG in there so I have to disagree with the assertion that this is a fairly reliable strat. Reliable being about 4/5, I am at 0/5 assuming I do not use the carry at all since this is for the plushie fight.

In particular sometimes the Worg Pup makes it to the second pet, but a most of the time he dies to the second whirlpool which goes off during the first enemy pets turn.

Coilla
Pet Score:3658
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Coilla » November 4th, 2014, 3:33 pm

Here is what I used, worked ok

Chi-Chi P/S 2 2 1
Iron Starlette P/P 1 1 1

The unfortunately thing, maybe a bug is that while flurry can drop the squids shield in one round neither of Chi-Chi attacks do the same. If it did then this would be even easier since wild magic has a tendency to fall off due to that extra round of the shield on the squid. If this worked the way it should (given flurry) it is very likely chi-chi would get the racial speed bonus against Mr. Pointy. As it is both fights he ended up below 50% health. Maybe taking tranquility might be better, I am not sure.

However the speed and avoidance makes Chi-Chi very reliable against the squid and also allowed me to soak the pool when Mr. Pointy came up while allowing me to put the debuff on him.

Once debuffed he went down pretty easy to the starlette, and of course if you can get to that point Otto is no match for the P/P starlette.

I did not swap in the carry pet here, but I just wanted to make sure I could 2 pet this battle for the achievement, rather than focus on leveling today.

Will play with it more tomorrow.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 4th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Jerebear wrote:EDIT: Though I think this only works with an H/H starlette paired with an S/S whelp. I need to test vs other breeds paired with the S/S whelp.
H/P Starlette worked ok with S/S Whelpling, but I've only really tried it once. I imagine it being so similar to H/H, the results shouldn't be that different though?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Arji
MVP
Pet Score:11812
BattleTag®:Arji#2548
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Arji » November 4th, 2014, 4:09 pm

Thanks for considering my failures :)

As I was too tired to test further with the mentioned team. I tried a different two pet team from jcoldwater in the wowhead Christoph VonFeasel Comments. He/She suggests:
Pet 1 Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling 1 2 2 ,
Pet 2 Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot 1 2 2
As my Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot was only lvl 11 I took him as Levelpet while using a regular Clockwork Rocket Bot as Pet 2.
Got that to work for me.

I can retrace my steps with the Bronze Whelpling and the Starlette if you like and post the Log. I tried it several times and I don't think I did anything different then what you suggest still ended up one Round too short assuming Otto would have been killed by my devastating Super-Charged Wind-up.

EDIT:
Ok, today I did exactly how you wrote it down and this time it worked. So either something changed, I was luckier or I was just doing something wrong before with the Starlette vs. Trihorn/Otto.
Jerebear wrote:Syd:

Direhorn:

cow:
Iron Starlette died on Round 14 and Mechanical Rezz got him back to land his Windup Kill.
°° Swiss (-German) °° @Home on Lothar (EU) Horde [German] and
Silvermoon (EU) Alliance [English] (EU warcraftpets Guild)

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » November 4th, 2014, 4:34 pm

Or you could use my 2 pet strat that is 100% effective (the one with the Lil' XT) -- I figured out the strat to use him in beta and it's been working ever since :D

But don't get me wrong, it's a Store Pet and I know there are *strong* feelings against using one or needing one. So it's all good.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 4th, 2014, 6:07 pm

Arji wrote: EDIT:
Ok, today I did exactly how you wrote it down and this time it worked. So either something changed, I was luckier or I was just doing something wrong before with the Starlette vs. Trihorn/Otto.
Well this isn't a crit safe strat, so if Syd crits on you twice or if the 2nd whirlpool crits and kills you, then it can go awry. It's not hugely apparent, but the strategy is strongly reliant on "when" the starlette comes out and what breed it is. Basically, you want the Windup Release to land on the first turn the Trihorn shield is down or the turn immediately after. If something goes crazy and you have to delay for that or you release windup while the shield is still up, then it starts to crumble (sometimes still salvageable though).

My guess is either an unlucky crit or maybe you handled the carry pet differently before?
Chibimage wrote:Or you could use my 2 pet strat that is 100% effective (the one with the Lil' XT) -- I figured out the strat to use him in beta and it's been working ever since :D

But don't get me wrong, it's a Store Pet and I know there are *strong* feelings against using one or needing one. So it's all good.
Do you think Landros XT might be an easier sell? It's common enough on most servers and cheap compared to a lot of pets. I know it doesn't appease everyone (still a "rare" pet), but might help open the pool of willing peeps. I use the XT strategy as well.
Last edited by Jerebear on November 4th, 2014, 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Narish

Post by Narish » November 4th, 2014, 6:09 pm

Coilla wrote:Narish, I watched your video and used your moves, 5 times I attempted it and 5 times I lost badly. There is tons of RNG in there so I have to disagree with the assertion that this is a fairly reliable strat. Reliable being about 4/5, I am at 0/5 assuming I do not use the carry at all since this is for the plushie fight.

In particular sometimes the Worg Pup makes it to the second pet, but a most of the time he dies to the second whirlpool which goes off during the first enemy pets turn.
I've already have acknowledged this in a previous post, but since I can't try it anymore for the day I will have to wait to test any further and do some changes. The reason why I got lucky on the video was because the first Water Jet from Syd brought the Pup into Beast racial range and thus got 25% additionnal damage for 2 more rounds. Delaying Crouch by a round (assuming no crit there) would get the Pup at exactly 362 health left (350 health being the 25% health range triggering the impale on round 1 vs Mr.Pointy) so that should work in favor to rule out some rng, now I would have to see how many Flurry would be needed to kill Syd in 5 turns and I could call it reliable. On a side note when I ran the test again today I actually still managed to kill it but I had to use powerball since I didn't refresh Dazzling Dance.
Jerebear wrote:My P/P Bronze Whelp doing 560 capped damage with a regular tail sweep. I just tested in game just a few minutes ago to verify so I wonder if the recent hotfix fixed the damage issue you were seeing. On a side note, sorry if I am being annoying to you. I really appreciate all the work you are putting into this as well. I don't mean anything malicious with my posting.
No offense taken. I realize I've came accross overly blunt. Apologies. I also noticed that there was a subtle change in the Tail Sweep tooltip but given the responses in this thread, I suppose that did not make any difference so the issue is mostly on my side. I will see what I can do.

Chibimage wrote:Or you could use my 2 pet strat that is 100% effective (the one with the Lil' XT) -- I figured out the strat to use him in beta and it's been working ever since :D

I think we're losing the reason why some people will do without; because they don't have it like me for instance. Many people who are posting here are for the most part trying for themselves to figure out a good strat like you did. So it's not that we are against your strat or the pet per se, but we do what we enjoy doing.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 4th, 2014, 7:19 pm

I think I have realized something interesting about why the H/H seems so much more stable. Mr. Pointy's Horn gore is a damage range ability. It does 331-497. Because of this it can sometimes do too much damage for a non H/H starlette to survive but other times a not enough to be in danger of losing. The damage swing put on the starlette over the 3 rounds you need (swap in, windup, powerball) is 993-1491. Only an H/H is completely safe using the Bronze Whelp/Fjord Worg Pup + Starlette strat while the other breeds are somewhat RNG.

While it doesn't matter if the Whelp is P/P or S/S as an H/H will pair fine with both, other combinations of Iron Starlette breeds have some variability.