An Awfully Big Adventure

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us
Re: An Awfully Big Adventure

Post by Kel » November 6th, 2014, 7:22 pm

Chibimage wrote:. . .
and don't get me wrong, I'm totally in FULL understanding of the difficulty of needing a Lil XT for the 2 pet strategy (it's very solid, but yeah.. store bought). . .
Another option is [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/mechanical/robots/landros-lil-xt/]Landro's Lil' XT[/url]. He's the same aside from one being P/B and one being P/H and I found mine on the AH for a decent price.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12649
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » November 8th, 2014, 5:56 pm

Just want to mention that I'm updating the page constantly if I learn about a new/more efficient strat. It's not set in stone and I don't get all butthurt if my strats aren't perfect and I have to change them. I love tweaking!

Hopefully by Thursday I'll have it all complete. I've been adding videos and write-ups daily.

Britty
Pet Score:5582
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Britty » November 9th, 2014, 3:47 am

I saw you mention in another thread, that you use Lil' XT for carrying with Christoph. May I ask where I can find this strategy? I would prefer to deal with a strategy that's rather RNG proof like your original wowhead comment for carrying.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » November 9th, 2014, 4:05 am

I was frequently able to 2 pet Christoph with Lil xt and mechanical dragonling as long there was no lucky crits. XT in particular is vulnerable when using heartbreaker to buff tympanic tantrum. As it increases damage taken.

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » November 9th, 2014, 8:13 am

Yeah, what Lucian said. XT is fantastic on Christoph and I discovered this in the beta - but Syd can crit a lot :p

Considering what a pain he was to figure out the 2 pet strat in the beta, I am so glad there are exponentially the amount of people putting their brains together now. It seems he's well handled by many strats and that's fantastic!

I have a sneaking suspicion that people are going to rage about Cymre, til they find my strat for her :P Jere and I talked to LeCraft forever about her (for the 2 pet strat) but she's doable now, with a WoD pet.

3 pet is much easier for her, but it's still a much harder fight than every other Draenor Tamer, which are all complete pushovers.

In fact, I actually LOVE the fact that there is nothing hair-pulling about any of the Draenor content. It's a little side-game that's supposed to be fun, not rage inducing :D

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » November 9th, 2014, 11:11 am

I wasnt on the beta so i didnt have a chance to fight her, but wont an anubisath idol completely counter her own idol? deflection has the same CD as rot, sandstorm+ being weak against humans will make swarm useless. and he can counter lantern healing combo by removing sunlight,

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 9th, 2014, 3:27 pm

Topaz wrote:I wasnt on the beta so i didnt have a chance to fight her, but wont an anubisath idol completely counter her own idol? deflection has the same CD as rot, sandstorm+ being weak against humans will make swarm useless. and he can counter lantern healing combo by removing sunlight,
They adjusted her so take this with a grain of salt:

Even in the absence of sunlight, wish heals the lantern for a lot and being a magic pet, you cannot kill it in less than 3 rounds easily. On top of that, it did decent damage which normally would out damage the Idol's self heals. The Idol was indeed very good, but just under good enough to make a solid kill every time. The robot at the end also posed problems with launch rocket spam (which was random). It's an easy 3 petter, but 2 used to be pretty rough.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Topaz

Post by Topaz » November 9th, 2014, 4:00 pm

Jerebear wrote:
Topaz wrote:I wasnt on the beta so i didnt have a chance to fight her, but wont an anubisath idol completely counter her own idol? deflection has the same CD as rot, sandstorm+ being weak against humans will make swarm useless. and he can counter lantern healing combo by removing sunlight,
They adjusted her so take this with a grain of salt:

Even in the absence of sunlight, wish heals the lantern for a lot and being a magic pet, you cannot kill it in less than 3 rounds easily. On top of that, it did decent damage which normally would out damage the Idol's self heals. The Idol was indeed very good, but just under good enough to make a solid kill every time. The robot at the end also posed problems with launch rocket spam (which was random). It's an easy 3 petter, but 2 used to be pretty rough.
well i guess will find about it in a week, as with JvF which after the 1st day more than one tactic showed up for it

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » November 9th, 2014, 9:58 pm

Haha, well, that'll be interesting I know Jere and I will certainly be grinning ear to ear with all the new tries people will have for her 2 pet strategy. Mine works, and works 100% (I despise RNG) so I'll be sticking with mine. Loyalty to the insanity I spent figuring it out. LOL :D

3 Pet though, I'm sure there are loads of other possibilities. Rather fun fight really, was fun watching Grinder annihilate stuff :)

Some of the 2 pet Celestial Tournament guys are interesting too - down to a bit of luck and the very last turn. Makes for a teensy bit of nailbiting but not TOO bad. Jere and I were able to complete the full 44 tamer achievement on the beta without any trouble so Trunks is just there for the taking for anyone who will bother! :D

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » November 10th, 2014, 12:41 am

Chibimage wrote:Haha, well, that'll be interesting I know Jere and I will certainly be grinning ear to ear with all the new tries people will have for her 2 pet strategy. Mine works, and works 100% (I despise RNG) so I'll be sticking with mine. Loyalty to the insanity I spent figuring it out. LOL :D
My way still works too, and no need for that WoD engineering pet. :p

Then again, you won't probably get the Plushie any faster than the Scorpid so I guess that point is rather invalid. Or well, you can always leech some XP out of her for your lowbies. :D
Last edited by Ryazan on November 10th, 2014, 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Taking your candles since 2005

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » November 10th, 2014, 12:42 am

I was trying Anubisath Idol (when I was looking for a Teroclaw Hatchling replacer) before the changes to Cymre's fight and it was excellent vs. Cymre's Idol, but sucked at doing damage to the lantern (these times lantern often used Wish first and then Illuminate and a weird bug caused your next attack to heal the lantern). Even with Sunlight removed, your own damage reduced by Sandstorm or misses usually ended in another Wish heal and then the Idol died without killing the Lantern and your other pet had a hard time to take care of it and Gyrexle either.

Maybe it can do better now after all the changes. Looking forward to see the ideas of all the people wo couldn't join the beta, didn't do pet battle there or couldn't share their thoughts. The Christoph vonFeasel 2pet stuff during the first 6.0 DMF on live servers was promising.

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » November 10th, 2014, 9:13 am

Ryazan, I didn't look at the link, but yours is the Magical Crawdad right??? IIRC

Yeah, that DOES work, and I had forgotten about it. Or was that Jere's?

Is there a third way? :D

I tried that rassin'frassin' Anubisath Idol 500 times in every combination known to man before giving up on him. lol

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 10th, 2014, 6:02 pm

I use the Crawdad. Ryazan's method uses Nature's Ward to counter Rot + heal paired with an infinite whelp.

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » November 10th, 2014, 9:39 pm

Sorry Jere -- later on in the day I remembered the Twitter convos we had over it and recalled that the Crawdad was you. I just never got back to here to fix my incorrect assumption.

I remember when Nature's Ward completely 100% mitigated Rot and it was broken to all get out and you took 0 dmg. lol That was the first way I defeated her a thousand years ago! Glad a cute little gazelle might still be useful for something!

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 10th, 2014, 10:33 pm

Chibimage wrote:Sorry Jere -- later on in the day I remembered the Twitter convos we had over it and recalled that the Crawdad was you. I just never got back to here to fix my incorrect assumption.
Oh no problem at all. Sorry if I came off too bluntly. I had a 2 year old hanging off my right hand while trying to type that out earlier so I was distracted! Not intentional. EDIT: Oddly enough, "infinite" is specifically really difficult to type with a 2 year old hanging off your right hand.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » November 11th, 2014, 12:21 am

Chibimage wrote:I remember when Nature's Ward completely 100% mitigated Rot and it was broken to all get out and you took 0 dmg.
It kind of is still. :p If cast on the same turn as Rot, the elemental transformation kicks in before the Swarm tick is applied. So basically with Ward up you are only taking something like 17 damage per turn from the dot with H/B Winter Reindeer. ^^
- Taking your candles since 2005

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » November 11th, 2014, 2:02 pm

That is entirely awesome - I loved, loved, loved using my Gazelle in the beta and I'll totally have to try it out!

I wonder if a Gazelle/Fawn & Scorpid Matchup would work. If you used Black Claw on the Scorpid's last turn against Gyrexle, then when you brought back out the Gazelle to finish him off -- Stampede FTW?

Will be fun to try in live :D

I love all the theorycrafting so much!

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » November 14th, 2014, 9:27 am

Just an update;

The Gazelle can fit right into my 3 pet strat, was cute to use :)

My Guide page is updated with fight descriptions for almost every fight!

An Awfully Big Adventure

Still need to make videos for Shademaster Kiryn and Blingtron 4000 for the 2 pet strategies, but that'll be next week when they come around again on the Tournament.

Topaz

Post by Topaz » November 14th, 2014, 11:10 am

since i didnt have a fawn/raindeer on lvl 25 i tried a different tactic for cymre,
i used a s/s fiendish imp 1/1/2 and a MPD 1/2/2
open with imp, immolation and nether gate, switch to MPD and spam breath until you kill lantern (took me 4 hits, 3 high and 1 low). she will bring her idol back, get you imp out again and nether gate. spam burn (she didnt have a chance to use rocket on me.) keep spamming burn until you die, get your carry pet and switch to MPD, decoy and spam breath (was already after rebirth at this point)

Baldulf
MVP
Pet Score:6727
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Baldulf » November 19th, 2014, 11:00 am

Hey, Chibi, I have a question regarding the Cymre two-pet strat with the mech scorpid. You say it can work as a leveling strat, too. Where do you anticipate swapping in the carry pet, between the Kick/Deflect of the Lantern and the Scorpid coming in? If you swap the pet in after the Scorpid dies, you lose a turn of black claw.