Must-have Multiple Breeds

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Alkaia
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Lightbringer-eu
Must-have Multiple Breeds

Post by Alkaia » October 21st, 2014, 3:15 am

Up to now I have only been keeping one breed per pet. I have occasionally changed breeds when I really wanted a specific breed but have only kept the one.
I also have a few pets I want to change to a different breed for battling reasons. But for the most part I've usually found that there is an alternative pet I can use instead.

However, are there any pets that you really should have multiple breeds of, or pets with multiple breeds where there just isn't an alternative ?

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Must-have Multiple Breeds

Post by Ranok » October 22nd, 2014, 9:15 am

If you use some of the suggested strategies for Celestial Tournament, there are a few battles where it's essential to have a speedy breed to guarantee you're going to hit first.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » October 23rd, 2014, 8:44 am

there are several pets where it makes sense, when they have multiple viable skillsets that work differently with their stats.

For instance, the Nether Faerie Dragon can work well with both SS and PP, depending on whether you take Evanescence (better first) or Life Exchange (better last/doesn't matter/Power is superior). Other pets that come to my mind are: Iron Starlette, Flayer Youngling, Explode pets like Zep, Minfernal etc (high health is better if exploding is a fixed part in your strategy, else power)...

In most cases it all comes down to be just slightly faster than the trainer. In PvP, high speed is normally king.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » October 25th, 2014, 11:50 am

[pet]Blackfuse Bombling[/pet] fits into two different types of teams depending on if you have H/H or P/P. Power for armagedden, Health for explode.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » October 25th, 2014, 3:45 pm

Here is a couple of pets I keep multiple breeds of:
Infinite Whelpling. The P/P breed wrecks DMF trainer(old one). P/S breed is a beast in PvP.

Bonkers. S/S one is a PvP powerhouse and with some luck it will solo Yu-La in Celestial Tournament. P/P is dangerous in a slightly different way though, just hits a lot harder and works better with Going Bonkers.

Qiraji Guardling. S/S has always been a solid PvP pet. But here also keep a P/P one for when you want to hit really hard.

Sporeling Sprout. Another humanoid in many different breeds. S/S is very durable, excellent with crouch + heals. P/P is strong and can take advantage of the priority move Charge so the speed is not much of an issue.

Imperial Eagle Chick. I keep a very hard hitting P/P breed. But I also like to have the option to bring the 325 speed S/S breed, but honestly this one don't get too much play time.

Nether Faire Dragon. As noted above it can preform quite diffently depending on which breed.

Nexus Whelpling. Slightly different move sets for P/P or P/S breeds. P/P sees more playtime but sometimes that extra speed is of better use.

Not really worth it I guess:
I keep one P/P Bat and one S/S Bat, difference between 325 power and 341 speed is quite huge. But on the other hand I have never really gotten the Bats, of either breed, to work well for me.

And for new additions
Bronze Whelpling has an excellent move set for S/S speed and another set that is better with P/P, but compared to certain other P/P dragonkin it will not be as good in that breed. Here I stick with S/S only.

Ronkuby
MVP
Pet Score:5650
Realm:Garona-us

Post by Ronkuby » October 26th, 2014, 4:27 pm

Off the top of my head: Flayer Youngling, Snail moveset, Frog moveset, green dragon, nexus dragon!

Alkaia
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Alkaia » October 28th, 2014, 10:29 am

Vek wrote:Here is a couple of pets I keep multiple breeds of:
Infinite Whelpling. The P/P breed wrecks DMF trainer(old one). P/S breed is a beast in PvP.

Bonkers. S/S one is a PvP powerhouse and with some luck it will solo Yu-La in Celestial Tournament. P/P is dangerous in a slightly different way though, just hits a lot harder and works better with Going Bonkers.

Qiraji Guardling. S/S has always been a solid PvP pet. But here also keep a P/P one for when you want to hit really hard.

Sporeling Sprout. Another humanoid in many different breeds. S/S is very durable, excellent with crouch + heals. P/P is strong and can take advantage of the priority move Charge so the speed is not much of an issue.

Imperial Eagle Chick. I keep a very hard hitting P/P breed. But I also like to have the option to bring the 325 speed S/S breed, but honestly this one don't get too much play time.

Nether Faire Dragon. As noted above it can preform quite diffently depending on which breed.

Nexus Whelpling. Slightly different move sets for P/P or P/S breeds. P/P sees more playtime but sometimes that extra speed is of better use.

Not really worth it I guess:
I keep one P/P Bat and one S/S Bat, difference between 325 power and 341 speed is quite huge. But on the other hand I have never really gotten the Bats, of either breed, to work well for me.

And for new additions
Bronze Whelpling has an excellent move set for S/S speed and another set that is better with P/P, but compared to certain other P/P dragonkin it will not be as good in that breed. Here I stick with S/S only.
Excellent info - thanks :)

Gardenvariety
Pet Score:2958
Realm:Burning Legion-us

Post by Gardenvariety » October 28th, 2014, 5:10 pm

I like to keep a couple different Crows around, the P/S breed is a nice balance and the S/S breed is good for PvP and tamers where you need a speed advantage (for example Dos Ryga, starting with the S/S Crow using Peck, Call Darkness, and Murder guarantees that he will have the armor debuff for two full rounds after the first crow dies, then your 2nd crow can come in and hit for ~1400 with Nocturnal Strike and still have the debuff up for a peck to finish off if needed).

The Rapid Nut Varmint 5000 is another one I keep in multiple breeds, the S/S with 325 speed and the P/P with 325 Power. Both have their uses (and in general it's an underrated pet imo).

This actually applies to a lot of pets that come in both P/P and S/S, they tend to both be very good breeds in certain situations. Usually I will go for both if possible (Nether Fairie Dragon, Sporeling Sprout, Qiraji Guardling, Lil' Bad Wolf, etc)

Kun-Lai Runt is another one, the P/P is nice for the harder hits but sometimes the extra bit of speed from the P/S can be crucial.

Profane
Top Rater
Pet Score:4105
BattleTag®:profane#1515
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Profane » November 2nd, 2014, 9:19 pm

Ronkuby wrote:Off the top of my head: Flayer Youngling, Snail moveset, Frog moveset, green dragon, nexus dragon!
Geez you beat me to it! I was gonna say Flayer Youngling. I only have the S/S, but I've been planning on going back to pick up some others that hit a bit harder but are a tad slower that I can use on slower pets. S/S is awesome to have cause of how fast it is.