Valks have been nerfed into obscurity

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
Re: Valks have been nerfed into obscurity

Post by Voskres » October 25th, 2014, 2:05 pm

It is gone for what it was. I had an easily 80% PVP team that included Valk and other than one round, it is useless in that capacity now.

I have not seen what it has done to any Celestial team or the like, but I can't use it in PVP anymore.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » October 26th, 2014, 6:42 pm

Doing my weekly pvp quest over the weekend i had 5 fights out of 14 total that involved a team using a valk. It wasnt the same team every time as ther were a lot of variances in what it was teamed with. Only 1 of those teams was a hassle to beat, owing to a very smart opponent.
The nerf has definitely confused some folk as twice i had an opponent try to haunt on death round. As i have an emporer crab and a MPD in my team valks have never been an issue for me. you have to open with them, to get true value from them the fight has to last a while, both factors that are easy to plan against.
i have yet to encounter a valk team with a consume corpse talented partner, thats one pairing i look forward to taking on, have tried it myself once for a laugh and against an unskilled player its too easy.
Prior to Patch 6.02, valks were the bee's knee's, and teams with them in dominated pet pvp, but even before the patch folk had learnt how to beat them and counter them, now with the patch they are best left in the stable.

Terrorpene15
Pet Score:3398
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Terrorpene15 » October 28th, 2014, 5:38 pm

I still use mine on most of the beasts of fable. since they didn't touch those skills. still helps down pets in 4-5 moves, which is nice when teamed with chrominius

as for PVP, yeah, that sucks

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » November 2nd, 2014, 4:26 pm

shes was fine and totally handable.

what I dont get is why they nerv pets like DAH and Valkyr and at the same moment bring in FFF v2.0 :?:
Luciandk wrote:Glad to see Haunt being smacked down for good, that ability was just too good and caused the whole pet meta to be utterly stymied. Now there should be a lot more variety again.
so everyone runing with the iron starlette instead of a valkyr is better? :twisted: