PetBattleTeams addon and tomorrow's launch

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Aalea
Top Rater
Re: PetBattleTeams addon and tomorrow's launch

Post by Aalea » October 17th, 2014, 4:22 am

Vonster wrote:I installed the latest version. It shows up as an add-on, but nothing shows up when i look at it in the interface, nor does the team window load. In the interface it is just blank. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i feel stumped with out this feature!. Thank you.

I am in the same boat here, I can bring up the commands but it doesnt do anything and I cannot see the addon when I open my pet tab

Agramonia
Top Rater
Pet Score:13780
BattleTag®:Agra#2451
Realm:Chamber of Aspects-eu

Post by Agramonia » October 17th, 2014, 4:33 am

Aalea wrote:
Vonster wrote:I installed the latest version. It shows up as an add-on, but nothing shows up when i look at it in the interface, nor does the team window load. In the interface it is just blank. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i feel stumped with out this feature!. Thank you.
I am in the same boat here, I can bring up the commands but it doesnt do anything and I cannot see the addon when I open my pet tab
It looks like there is a LUA error that prevents the addon to load properly, can all the people mentioning this behaviour enable LUA errors (temporary) and post it here, so I can have a look at it ?

Interface -> Help -> Tick "Display LUA errors"

Aalea
Top Rater

Post by Aalea » October 17th, 2014, 4:46 am

Ok I got my Pet Battle Teams to work but am still having problems with Pet Journal Enhanced. Any help would be appreciated.

Also I dont know if anyone else is having this issue but since I have managed to get my Pet Battle Teams to work I cannot seem to heal my pet using the Revive Pet or Battle Pet Bandages, even the Stable Master doesn't seem to work.

Wolfson
Pet Score:9340
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Wolfson » October 17th, 2014, 7:50 am

Since the patch, I've been using Rematch instead of my usual Pet Battle Teams, and I just keep thinking that if someone could combine the best features of both, it would be the ultimate pet mod. I love Rematch's feature that allows you to set teams for npc tamers and then automatically switch to those teams on mouseover. I love the more organized team section that allows you to save teams under different subgroups, and I like having the levelling queue (though some more detailed controls for it would be nice). But I don't like how Rematch basically tries to replace the default pet screen (to the point of locking out your search function in the default window when Rematch's Pet tab is up) rather than working as an addition to it like Pet Battle Teams does. I also prefer Pet Battle Teams' larger icons and font sizes.

Like I said, if someone could combine the convenient extra features of Rematch with the superior interface of Pet Battle Teams, that would be the pet mod to end all pet mods.

Jaadpets
Pet Score:3537
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Jaadpets » October 17th, 2014, 8:37 am

This update works so good - thanks Agrimonia!

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » October 17th, 2014, 8:37 am

Wolfson wrote:Since the patch, I've been using Rematch instead of my usual Pet Battle Teams, and I just keep thinking that if someone could combine the best features of both, it would be the ultimate pet mod. I love Rematch's feature that allows you to set teams for npc tamers and then automatically switch to those teams on mouseover. I love the more organized team section that allows you to save teams under different subgroups, and I like having the levelling queue (though some more detailed controls for it would be nice). But I don't like how Rematch basically tries to replace the default pet screen (to the point of locking out your search function in the default window when Rematch's Pet tab is up) rather than working as an addition to it like Pet Battle Teams does. I also prefer Pet Battle Teams' larger icons and font sizes.

Like I said, if someone could combine the convenient extra features of Rematch with the superior interface of Pet Battle Teams, that would be the pet mod to end all pet mods.
I think a lot of it has to do with the search options of Rematch. Gello implemented a very powerful search option that you just can't get with the default pet journal nor do I think you can mod the default journal to provide it. The ability to search for all of X family pets with speed > 300 that have X ability is a very powerful tool once you play with it. Additionally, the ability to find all pets in levels 10-15 that are not family X with health>X and then with one button push place all of those pets into your levelling queue is huge.

As far as I have seen, you can't capture the actual search box portion of the journal (maybe there is a way, but I wasn't able to find it). In addition there are some API restrictions of what you can do while the journal is actually open. Gello could probably explain better why. I'm just going off of what little experience I had trying to mod the journal before. PBJE has some features that I would like to have in Rematch and I think those could be added, however, I wouldn't want to give up the search box capabilities to get better journal integration.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Vonster
Pet Score:6012
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Vonster » October 17th, 2014, 11:38 am

It looks like there is a LUA error that prevents the addon to load properly, can all the people mentioning this behaviour enable LUA errors (temporary) and post it here, so I can have a look at it ?

Interface -> Help -> Tick "Display LUA errors"
Ok, so i did that, and i noticed that the PetJournal was not on , so i turned it on as well.. and all is working now. I will leave the display LUA error on for a few days, in case something comes up. Thank you VERY much Agramonia, without these add-ons my pet battling days seemed done!

Demitasse
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-us

Post by Demitasse » October 17th, 2014, 4:46 pm

I registered to post here just to say a big THANK YOU! to Agromonia (hope I spelled that right).

/hugs

Skulwolf
Top Rater
Pet Score:4831
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Skulwolf » October 17th, 2014, 11:37 pm

thank you soo much for that fix!

Vandole
Pet Score:3815
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Vandole » October 18th, 2014, 5:36 am

Hi there. I have downloaded Agramonia's update but am worried about losing all of my teams if I simply replace all the files in the addon folder with his new ones.

Is there a specific set of actions I need to follow in order to retain my teams? Certain files that should be replaced and certain ones that shouldn't? Or should I just copy and replace for everything and my teams will still be there?

Cba
Top Rater
Pet Score:12776
Realm:Zenedar-eu

Post by Cba » October 18th, 2014, 6:05 am

Vandole wrote:Hi there. I have downloaded Agramonia's update but am worried about losing all of my teams if I simply replace all the files in the addon folder with his new ones.

Is there a specific set of actions I need to follow in order to retain my teams? Certain files that should be replaced and certain ones that shouldn't? Or should I just copy and replace for everything and my teams will still be there?
Just copy over the addon, your teams are in the wtf folder anyway.

Pommie
MVP
Pet Score:5414
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Pommie » October 18th, 2014, 11:35 am

I regret that I waited until Pet Battle Teams was no longer compatible with World of Warcraft to switch to Rematch.

Rematch is 250% better than Pet Battle Teams in nearly any metric I can think of. All the wasted months! Incredible searching, categorical sorting, auto-team selection, and more make Pet Battle Teams look as weak as a poor quality level 1 Stormwind Rat.

Rematch, I'm yours. I encourage all pet battlers to check it out.

Mathew013
MVP
Pet Score:3694
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Mathew013 » October 19th, 2014, 12:31 pm

Rematch, I'm yours. I encourage all pet battlers to check it out.
Agreed. I always adored PBT, but Rematch blew me away.
Thank you for the heads up! ;)

Daedrynn
Top Rater
Pet Score:12984
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Daedrynn » October 19th, 2014, 8:42 pm

Agramonia, my husband and I thank you for this fix. You have my undying affection. :D

Kandacespets
Pet Score:7848
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Kandacespets » October 20th, 2014, 10:51 am

I tried Rematch but it doesn't suit my purposes the way Pet Battle Teams does - to such an extent that there's no point in my even using it.

I would really like to use Agramonia's update from this thread - but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I tried it out, and it installed okay - the frame appeared in my pet journal, no LUA errors showed up - but the 'Add Team' button didn't work, and the team shown was not the team I was actually using, nor could I get the pets I was using into the team spots in PBT.

Basically, it was like a completely non-interactive appearance of PBT, with the exception being that clicking on the team shown would select that team. I just couldn't change those pets out for others.

Is there something I'm doing or could do, that might fix this? I know this update is working perfectly for many people, and I'd love to be one of them!

(I'm also using Enhanced Pet Journal, Pet Battle Master, and Pet Tracker - all in their updated 6.0.2 versions - in case it might be a compatibility issue.)

Agramonia
Top Rater
Pet Score:13780
BattleTag®:Agra#2451
Realm:Chamber of Aspects-eu

Post by Agramonia » October 20th, 2014, 10:54 am

So the original author decided to update Pet Journal Enhanced again. It is the same author of Pet Battle Teams, so I assume he will pick this up again.

In the meantime, you can use the project on wowinterface: [url]http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info23184-PetBattleTeamsFanUpdate.html[/url]

@Kandacespets, are you using the latest version from wowinterface ? I solved a small bug with the journal not updating when you change pets.

Kandacespets
Pet Score:7848
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Kandacespets » October 20th, 2014, 12:11 pm

I will give it another try - thanks!

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370

Post by Jerebear » October 20th, 2014, 3:55 pm

Kandacespets wrote:I tried Rematch but it doesn't suit my purposes the way Pet Battle Teams does - to such an extent that there's no point in my even using it.
Curiosity, but what function of PetBattleTeams did you find lacking in Rematch? I've used both, and Rematch as far as I could tell has all the same functionality as PetBattleTeams (plus a quite a bit more). I don't want to dissuade you from using PBT if you like that better, but figured it would be good feedback for the Rematch author to see.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 20th, 2014, 4:20 pm

First off, thank you Agramonia for working on PBT (even if the original author picks up on it again, you kept it going during this interim period where folks are still wanting to pet battle!)

I was using Rematch for the few days where PBT wasn't available for use, and did go back to PBT once it was available again. I can see why people like Rematch (I did like the autoload tamer team function), and there's nothing wrong with it overall, but for me, it had too many options and bells and whistles I'm not interested in using. PBT is much more simple - it saves teams. That's all I want. And it looks very clean and works very similar to the default UI, which is something I usually gravitate towards in addons.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206

Post by Poofah » October 20th, 2014, 6:17 pm

Jerebear wrote:Curiosity, but what function of PetBattleTeams did you find lacking in Rematch?
Simplicity. PBT is seamless, it acts as an extension of your normal pet journal. You don't have to open a separate addon, you don't have to click 'save' all the time. Rematch has more features, but I'm happier to manage these myself anyway. In return, you have to click around a lot more. The only essential function for me is archiving teams, and PBT accomplishes this with no clicking at all, it's just drag-and-drop.