PetBattleTeams addon and tomorrow's launch

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Agramonia
Top Rater
Pet Score:13780
BattleTag®:Agra#2451
Realm:Chamber of Aspects-eu
Re: PetBattleTeams addon and tomorrow's launch

Post by Agramonia » October 15th, 2014, 4:31 pm

Cyntaria wrote:
Angel_02 wrote:I just tried this and it still didnt add the pet battle teams tab to my journal and the revive pet button is greyed out instead...am i doing something wrong?
Same with me :cry:
If the revive pet button is greyed out, I assume something is wrong on Blizzards side, maybe it doesn't detect your pet battle skill and disable the addon and the button ?

Did you try to do a "/run PetBattleTeams.modules.TeamManager:ReconstructTeams()" ?
This tries to reconstruct the teams.

Agramonia
Top Rater
Pet Score:13780
BattleTag®:Agra#2451
Realm:Chamber of Aspects-eu

Post by Agramonia » October 15th, 2014, 4:45 pm

Misstic wrote:Agramonia you are a GODSENT!!! Thank you SOO much! It works PERFECT on live and all my teams remained intact. I did not have to set them up again.

EDIT I am getting a LUA error when I click on teams that will not go away and I cannot close the window. :-(

Message: Usage: SetAbility(slotIndex, spellIndex, petSpellID)
Time: 10/14/14 22:43:15
Count: 1685
Stack: [C]: ?
[C]: ?
[C]: in function `SetAbility'
...erface\AddOns\PetBattleTeams\modules\TeamManager.lua:71: in function <...erface\AddOns\PetBattleTeams\modules\TeamManager.lua:37>

Locals:
Not sure if this fixes your error: http://users.telenet.be/agramonia/wow/PetBattleTeams-3.2.7.1.zip

Presto
Top Rater
Pet Score:4076
BattleTag®:Presto#1944
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Presto » October 15th, 2014, 5:03 pm

Yay! Now I can level my [url=http://www.wowhead.com/spell=155838]Iron Starlette[/url]! Hail, [profile]Agramonia[/profile], who has caused me to re-evaluate an entire continent of collectors! Thank you SO much. :D
Presto says, "Let's trade!!" :P (btag: Presto#1944)

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » October 15th, 2014, 6:28 pm

Seasin wrote:I can't get mine to work. The / commands don't do anything. When I click on "interface - addons" it's there but blank. I tried using the command: /pbt attach and it doesn't respond.
Mine is the same thing... do we need another addon other than just the PetBattleTeams addon to compliment it and make it work? I tried typing in the /run PetBattleTeams.modules.TeamManager:ReconstructTeams() but nothing happens. The addon must not be working or it would give me some sort of message regardless of the outcome wouldnt it?

Thank you very much for your work on this, not having 40+ premade teams at the click of a button is a disheartening thing. You are the man (or woman)!!! :)

Nicecow
Pet Score:3806
BattleTag®:beowulf#1559
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Nicecow » October 15th, 2014, 7:15 pm

Agramonia wrote:I did some digging into the code and I think I solved most issues (especially the change of the GUID: see ).

This is an updated version that works on the Beta:

Sorry can't link yet :-(
Agramonia - Thank you so much for updating PBT! Have you thought of publishing this update through Curse or WowInterface? Any chance of you tackling PetJournal Enhanced? I am no coder, but I'd be glad to help you out if I can.

Brazlork
Realm:Blackhand-us

Post by Brazlork » October 15th, 2014, 7:33 pm

Moonie1 wrote:
Seasin wrote:I can't get mine to work. The / commands don't do anything. When I click on "interface - addons" it's there but blank. I tried using the command: /pbt attach and it doesn't respond.
Mine is the same thing... do we need another addon other than just the PetBattleTeams addon to compliment it and make it work? I tried typing in the /run PetBattleTeams.modules.TeamManager:ReconstructTeams() but nothing happens. The addon must not be working or it would give me some sort of message regardless of the outcome wouldnt it?

Thank you very much for your work on this, not having 40+ premade teams at the click of a button is a disheartening thing. You are the man (or woman)!!! :)
There are lots of conditions that can hang the code that only affect some people. There is an alternate fix at www#curse#com/addons/wow/pet-battle-teams that may work for those having problems. Replace the #s with dots.

Balthazor
Pet Score:3294
BattleTag®:Balthasar#1546
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Balthazor » October 15th, 2014, 7:35 pm

Thank you so much for updating this. Works great. I did disable PetJournal Enhanced and found I didn't really miss any features, and I wonder if trying to use this addon is contributing to others' problems with your Teams addon revision. I also disabled PetTracker's journal module, which I found I don't need (love PetTracker's swapper, though!)

Bueler
Pet Score:4346
Realm:Blackrock-us

Post by Bueler » October 15th, 2014, 8:06 pm

This is exactly what's happening with me. When I type "/pbt attach" and click the Enter key, it seems like me pressing Enter is not being acknowledged - essentially like the Enter is unbound or something :(

Moonie1
Top Rater

Post by Moonie1 » October 15th, 2014, 8:53 pm

I am running CTMoD, Recount and PetBattleTeams, thats it. I will try disabling CTMod to see if thats the culprit. I had already tried disabling Recount, so I know that is not the problem child here.

Edit: I just tried logging in with the only addon enable being PetBattleTeams and it didnt work. There is no side tab in the pet window to do anything with teams. It is listed in the Interface under the Addons tab, but when you click on it, the only thing it shows on the right is "Pet Battle Teams" with "Teams and Pets" listed below it. There is nothing else indicating any teams exist.

I am unable to use any of the /pbt commands as well. Once the command(s) are typed out, you cannot hit enter to execute them.
Last edited by Moonie1 on October 15th, 2014, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dagris
Top Rater
Pet Score:9380
BattleTag®:Dugoth#1259
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Dagris » October 15th, 2014, 8:59 pm

It looks like any team I had an empty spot in for a carry pet may be borked, the rest are working. Tried the Reconstruct teams option but didn't seem to help. Still should be able to repair the damaged teams, thanks :)

Moonie1
Top Rater

Post by Moonie1 » October 15th, 2014, 9:07 pm

To the people that got it to work... what other pet addons do you have enabled?

Cyntaria
Pet Score:13726
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Cyntaria » October 15th, 2014, 9:31 pm

I am still unable to get it to work. My latest try was to completely delete any mod dealing with pets (pet journal, daily tamer, pet breads, etc.) and all of the saved variables associated with them. I then went and downloaded again from the link posted in this thread.

I log into game and get this error:

Date: 2014-10-15 19:27:54
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ...e\AddOns\PetBattleTeams\libs\AceDB-3.0\AceDB-3.0.lua line 263:
bad argument #1 to 'sub' (string expected, got nil)
Debug:
[C]: sub()
...e\AddOns\PetBattleTeams\libs\AceDB-3.0\AceDB-3.0.lua:263: in main chunk
Locals:
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = 1
(*temporary) = 2
(*temporary) = "string expected, got nil"

Rickhtoo
Pet Score:1611
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Rickhtoo » October 15th, 2014, 11:14 pm

I'm afraid it's not quite there yet, but I did get it to function mostly. It does not play well with Pet Tracker, and until I disabled it, I could not even log into my character. The login process would freeze and I had to X out of the game. Then it would not let me log back in and kept saying that one already existed.. However, it is working now and I have my teams back which is a really good thing. Thanks for the fix!

Moonie1
Top Rater

Post by Moonie1 » October 15th, 2014, 11:33 pm

Cyntaria wrote:I am still unable to get it to work. My latest try was to completely delete any mod dealing with pets (pet journal, daily tamer, pet breads, etc.) and all of the saved variables associated with them. I then went and downloaded again from the link posted in this thread.

I log into game and get this error:

Date: 2014-10-15 19:27:54
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ...e\AddOns\PetBattleTeams\libs\AceDB-3.0\AceDB-3.0.lua line 263:
bad argument #1 to 'sub' (string expected, got nil)
Debug:
[C]: sub()
...e\AddOns\PetBattleTeams\libs\AceDB-3.0\AceDB-3.0.lua:263: in main chunk
Locals:
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = 1
(*temporary) = 2
(*temporary) = "string expected, got nil"
I turned on LUA errors and I got this same error as soon as I logged in.

Chaosorder
Pet Score:5557
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Chaosorder » October 15th, 2014, 11:59 pm

Agramonia wrote:
Misstic wrote:Agramonia you are a GODSENT!!! Thank you SOO much! It works PERFECT on live and all my teams remained intact. I did not have to set them up again.

EDIT I am getting a LUA error when I click on teams that will not go away and I cannot close the window. :-(

Message: Usage: SetAbility(slotIndex, spellIndex, petSpellID)
Time: 10/14/14 22:43:15
Count: 1685
Stack: [C]: ?
[C]: in function `SetAbility'
...erface\AddOns\PetBattleTeams\modules\TeamManager.lua:71: in function <...erface\AddOns\PetBattleTeams\modules\TeamManager.lua:37>

Locals:
Not sure if this fixes your error:
It fixes the error, allowed me to load Pet Battle Teams, and import all 151 teams into Rematch.

Ill use Rematch until the addons developer reappears (please understand though, I truly appreciate what you have done)

Slyde
Top Rater
Pet Score:9634
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Slyde » October 16th, 2014, 12:34 am

Didn't work for me either. The /pbt command works (shows all valid parameters), so I know the addon is loaded, but the pet interface window is not opening. If I try any /pbt command other than plain "/pbt" (like /pbt reset ui, or /pbt attach) the command isn't accepted - the cursor just stays at the end of the command line like it's still waiting for me to hit Enter. Also, when I look at Interface>Addons>Pet Battle Teams the window is empty. It used to have a Rebuild Teams button and more. I have all other addons disabled, I downloaded and re-installed twice, I've disabled/enabled/reset ui many times, and still no PBT window or the 'button' that shows or hides it.

Jmsecc
Pet Score:3740
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by Jmsecc » October 16th, 2014, 1:12 am

Agramonia wrote:I did some digging into the code and I think I solved most issues (especially the change of the GUID: see

This is an updated version that works on the

YOU ARE SO F'N AWESOME!!!!!

Cymre
MVP
Pet Score:13644
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Cymre » October 16th, 2014, 4:08 am

Agramonia wrote:I did some digging into the code and I think I solved most issues (especially the change of the GUID: see http://wowpedia.org/GUID).

This is an updated version that works on the Beta: http://users.telenet.be/agramonia/wow/PetBattleTeams-3.2.7.zip.

Thank you for this!
Blogger, YouTuber and Pet Tamer

Nonquixote
Pet Score:9187

Post by Nonquixote » October 16th, 2014, 5:41 am

Thank you very much! Works on Live for me, just overwrote the old files and everything came out fine. Even kept my battle teams assembled.

Some were asking about addons used by those of us who got PetBattle Teams to work. Here are the ones that I have currently enabled:

Battle Pet BreedID
Battle Pet Daily Tamer
Daily Tamer Check
PetTracker (all)
And PetBattle Teams of course

Mahri
Top Rater
Pet Score:5141
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Mahri » October 16th, 2014, 7:23 am

This works perfectly! Thank you so much :)