yay! Thundering spirit finally down

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us
yay! Thundering spirit finally down

Post by Echinacea » September 26th, 2014, 9:46 am

I tried this guy a number of times and went through a lot of bandages. it wasnt until i got the mechanical pandaren dragon that i was able to finish it.

i started with arctic hare, dragon then zeppelin.

it seems that some battles require specific pets with specific moves.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Re: yay! Thundering spirit finally down

Post by Rioriel » September 26th, 2014, 10:09 am

Hooray! Toughest of lot, some say.

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » September 26th, 2014, 10:37 am

Rioriel wrote:Hooray! Toughest of lot, some say.
couldnt have done it without those two.....the rabbit is damn fast! (it chews up undead as well)

Klaital
Pet Score:4516

Post by Klaital » September 26th, 2014, 10:37 am

His first pet is by far the hardest one, you want a critter for it to stop it from stunlocking you, his other two pets aren't that bad. I would recommend any rabbit that is faster than the elemental for the first pet, then any dragonkin with tail sweep that is slower than the slime for that, and for last one anything with mine field and some other decent mechanical attack. What I used to it last time was S/S Mongoose Pup with Gnaw, Survival, Dive (that required the stone spikes to not stun it though which is why I recommend a rabbit instead), Onyxian Whelpling with Tail Sweep, Healing Flame, Lift-off, and Rotten Little Helper with Club, Booby-trapped Presents, and Greench's Gift. How it went was that the mongoose killed the elemental while staying alive just barely due to survival, then once the mongoose dies against the ooze, bring in little helper to drop down a minefield, then switched to whelpling and killed the ooze with tail sweep spam, the minefield takes out half of the last pets hp, and after the whelpling dies, greench's gift finishes it off.

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » September 26th, 2014, 11:13 am

Klaital wrote:His first pet is by far the hardest one, you want a critter for it to stop it from stunlocking you, his other two pets aren't that bad. I would recommend any rabbit that is faster than the elemental for the first pet, then any dragonkin with tail sweep that is slower than the slime for that, and for last one anything with mine field and some other decent mechanical attack. What I used to it last time was S/S Mongoose Pup with Gnaw, Survival, Dive (that required the stone spikes to not stun it though which is why I recommend a rabbit instead), Onyxian Whelpling with Tail Sweep, Healing Flame, Lift-off, and Rotten Little Helper with Club, Booby-trapped Presents, and Greench's Gift. How it went was that the mongoose killed the elemental while staying alive just barely due to survival, then once the mongoose dies against the ooze, bring in little helper to drop down a minefield, then switched to whelpling and killed the ooze with tail sweep spam, the minefield takes out half of the last pets hp, and after the whelpling dies, greench's gift finishes it off.
when i finish the other spirits, do i get to do them over again as daily quests?

Klaital
Pet Score:4516

Post by Klaital » September 26th, 2014, 11:43 am

Yep you do get them as dailies once your done with all the spirits, the daily bags from them give you the pandaren spirit pets (one you get as reward from completing the quest about them also)

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » September 26th, 2014, 12:06 pm

Actually, this fight can be done with a carry-pet for bonus XPs. All you need is the Darkmoon Zeppelin and a fast rabbit. Rabbit takes out the elemental and puts a hurting on the ooze. Zeppelin uses rockets until the ooze dies. When his last pet comes in you use rocket, followed by decoy. Continue to use rocket until he is under 600 health and then use explode. As the only pet left alive, your carry gets all of the XPs

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » September 26th, 2014, 12:08 pm

Klaital wrote:Yep you do get them as dailies once your done with all the spirits, the daily bags from them give you the pandaren spirit pets (one you get as reward from completing the quest about them also)
great!! i have a pandaren water spirit that i bought of AH that is ESSENTIAL for dealing with elementals.

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » September 26th, 2014, 12:09 pm

Skavenged wrote:Actually, this fight can be done with a carry-pet for bonus XPs. All you need is the Darkmoon Zeppelin and a fast rabbit. Rabbit takes out the elemental and puts a hurting on the ooze. Zeppelin uses rockets until the ooze dies. When his last pet comes in you use rocket, followed by decoy. Continue to use rocket until he is under 600 health and then use explode. As the only pet left alive, your carry gets all of the XPs
i actually had zeppelin on the team .... just because. when i got to the end of the fight i realized a carry pet would work

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 26th, 2014, 8:25 pm

Actually if your rabbit is faster than both the first pet and the 3rd pet, you can use it on both. A rabbit completely shuts down the 3rd pet (like never takes any damage from it) when played correctly. I used to do:

Rabbit + Senjin Fetish with a carry pet for the guaranteed kill.

Snail + Zepp is a bit faster, but has a bit more luck in it.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... 556#p57979

As I mentioned above, I used Senjin Fetish (Voodoo Doll should also work) to just Flame Breath the slime down (100% Hit) which was a bit more reliable than the Pand Mech Dragon they suggest.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Coilla
Pet Score:3658
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Coilla » September 26th, 2014, 11:04 pm

This is by far the easiest of the Pandaren pet dailies to carry even a level 1 pet since there is absolutely no chance of any damage to the carry pet.

Breed 5 S/S Rabbit, ie Spring Rabbit (with critter stone applied), Grasslands Cotton tail is idea
2/2/1

flurry, Burrow, Dodge, Flurry till he is dead

Mechanical, most will do, but I prefer the Son of Animus as it is nearly impossible for the ooze to kill him with his armor and self heal.

1/1/1

Armor, Heal, Metal Fist, put armor up and heal as necessary

Once the ooze is dead swap to carry pet, then immediately back to rabbit.

Dodge, Flurry, Flurry, Burrow, Flurry, Dodge, Flurry, Flurry, Burrow, Flurry....

The rabbit if done properly cannot even be hit by the rat.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 27th, 2014, 9:30 am

I would say scratch is better on the rabbit than flurry given the 3rd pet's shield. The elemental goes down quick enough with either, but the rat is quite a bit slower with flurry.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » September 28th, 2014, 4:18 am

I remember the days when Sluggy used to be a critter. /sniffles Thems were the days. I use a rabbit and son of animus to take it down.