Weird bugs with Food Coma

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu
Weird bugs with Food Coma

Post by Klaital » September 25th, 2014, 6:41 pm

There seems to be something weird going on with the ability Food Coma which I have noticed while using my Highlands Turkey to safely boost even lvl 1 pets against lvl 25 wild pets, two different things one which only applies to wild pets (and possibly tamers haven't tried against them) and the other which applies to all pet battles.

Now how it usually goes is I start with my turkey, do food coma on the opposing pet, then switch to my carry pet, do whatever attack with it, and then switch to my third pet that is doing the boosting. The weird thing is that, after my carry pet hits the opposing pet with something, removing the food coma debuff, the wild pet always passes its next turn after that (the turn where I switch to my boosting pet), however, if my carry pet misses its attack, and the food coma just runs out normally, then they don't pass their turn. The other thing is that, similarly, if my carry pet hits and removes the food coma, the opposing pet does not get the Resilient buff to make it immune to further cc for few turns, whereas if the food coma just runs out normally, then they do. I feel like these two things are bugs, anyone else noticed similar behaviour?

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Re: Weird bugs with Food Coma

Post by Skavenged » September 26th, 2014, 12:12 pm

Yup. Seen it too. Food Coma also works on critters, which are supposed to be immune to sleep/stun/etc

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » September 26th, 2014, 12:40 pm

The second with the resilience not showing up is something I've seen before and I'd classify it as a known issue. The resilience buff only shows up when the buff wears off naturally. If you manage to refresh it (lucky sleeping gas procs) or break it early with damage (food coma) you don't get the buff.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 26th, 2014, 8:26 pm

My guess is that it is intended since sleep can be broken early by damage.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Helbrecht
Pet Score:4274
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Helbrecht » September 29th, 2014, 9:30 pm

You don't need to make an attack with the leveling pet if you're swapping it in like that. Just swap it right out and save a turn; it'll still get the XP.

I usually just throw level 1s against a pandaria trainer to boost them to 11, because of the annoyance of wild 25s one-shotting the babies.

Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Klaital » September 29th, 2014, 10:17 pm

Helbrecht wrote:You don't need to make an attack with the leveling pet if you're swapping it in like that. Just swap it right out and save a turn; it'll still get the XP.

I usually just throw level 1s against a pandaria trainer to boost them to 11, because of the annoyance of wild 25s one-shotting the babies.
If you use a turkey to sleep the wild pet then it will never hit your lvl 1 pet. I have been using that for long time and it works great, it works against tamers too but you need to use it against their last pet or they will just switch pet.