5.1 Pandaren Spirit Quests

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jrallen01
Pet Score:7930
Realm:Mannoroth-us
Re: 5.1 Pandaren Spirit Quests

Post by Jrallen01 » November 28th, 2012, 1:42 pm

From
http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/201 ... 4085237067

Locations of Pandaren Spirit Tamers
Here's a list of where to find all the new tamers, because I had trouble finding the Spirit Tamers after completing the initial quest. Damn you quest tracker/marker! I've come to rely on you so much. :P

Thundering Pandaren Spirit (earth) - Vale of Eternal Blossoms (north of Mogu'shan Palace, in the hills) 67.33 14.82

Burning Pandaren Spirit (fire) - Townlong Steppes (west of Fire Camp Osul, on the overlook on the coast) 57.1 42.36

Flowing Pandaren Spirit (water) - Dread Wastes (far south east, the little peninsula jutting out into the water that separates Dread Wastes from Krasarang Wilds) 61.2 87.57

Whispering Pandaren Spirit (air) - Jade Forest (south of Honeydew Village, north and across the river from Grookin Hill, on top of a large rock pillar) 28.90 35.98
For the last location (Jade Forest), it's on top of the mountain formation on the map, a little north of the reddish trees (Tiger's Wood).

Actually all pretty easy beat 3 on 1st try, and air took 2 trys.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » November 28th, 2012, 4:14 pm

Got my first Pandarent Spirit! (choose the water one, cause he should be the most helpful of the 4 when comes time to redo this for the other 3 spirits)

There's better combinations/teams for this quest, but here's what worked for me:

Whispering Pandaren Spirit (air): Flayer Youngling + Celestial Dragon + Nordrassil Wisp
Flowing Pandaren Spirit (water): Flayer Youngling + Luyu Moth + Nordrassil Wisp
Thundering Pandaren Spirit (earth): Arctic Hare + Luyu Moth + Nordrassil Wisp
Burning Pandaren Spirit (fire): Arctic Hare + Celestial Dragon + Nordrassil Wisp
(This last one barely worked, next time I'll switch Celestial Dragon for Molten Hatchling and see how it goes)

Now that I have the Pandaren Water Spirit, he'll certainly be used in all 4 of them next time I go through these
Last edited by Zaelo on November 28th, 2012, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dizzyfly
Pet Score:2443
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Dizzyfly » November 28th, 2012, 5:51 pm

sry for my noob es but ive killed the last tamer in panda..and havnt gotten another quest to do the spirit tamers...where do i get it?

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » November 28th, 2012, 6:12 pm

shrine of the two moons
same area as the flight path guy.. there's a female panda with a daily quest
not sure of the prereq, if any, though

Post by Guest » November 28th, 2012, 6:23 pm

Anyone that did the dailies yesterday finding them missing today? None of the spirits and four other trainers won't offer me their dailies today. =(

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 28th, 2012, 7:09 pm

Koori wrote:Anyone that did the dailies yesterday finding them missing today? None of the spirits and four other trainers won't offer me their dailies today. =(
My guildmate and I are both having this problem. I think the dailies are bugged in general for some, but it's random. The normal Grand Master dailies are bugged for me as well today, and only 3 of those were available.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kagalii
Top Rater
Pet Score:10513
BattleTag®:Mikadochan#1520
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Kagalii » November 28th, 2012, 8:17 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Koori wrote:Anyone that did the dailies yesterday finding them missing today? None of the spirits and four other trainers won't offer me their dailies today. =(
My guildmate and I are both having this problem. I think the dailies are bugged in general for some, but it's random. The normal Grand Master dailies are bugged for me as well today, and only 3 of those were available.
I'm having the same issue too. In addition to missing the spirit dailies, the guy in Townlong has nothing for me either. Haven't checked some of the old world ones yet.

Hydramith
Top Rater
Pet Score:3037
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Hydramith » November 28th, 2012, 9:34 pm

Hmmmm... EU here, so first reset after the patch, and it's 31 mins after reset atm.
First none of the pet trainers were reset, now I'm noticing they're slowly starting to reset.
At 3:05 the one in the Heartlands (Nishi) wasn't battleable yet, and around 3:20 when I saw that the Kasarang trainer did work I went back to him, and Nishi works too now.
The one in Vale still doesn't though. Didn't check many others. It seems to be a matter of patience and luck which do and which don't reset.

Jordicus
Top Rater
Pet Score:2793
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by Jordicus » November 28th, 2012, 11:10 pm

Odd, has any found that they can continually fight the Pandaran Spirit trainers while on the quest? I just fought the Air Spirit multiple times and got XP for any Battle Pets lower than 25.

Depending on your combo, you should be able to take him easily. I'm using the Wild Crimson Hatchling to take out the Moth & Dragon, and the Water Waveling to take out the Elemental. Add a 3rd pet in for leveling....

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » November 29th, 2012, 9:57 am

Just to clarify what happens once you have completed the Pandaren Spirit Tamer quest once.

As you probably already know, the quest asks you to defeat all 4 Pandaren Spirit Tamers to obtain one of the Pandaren Spirit pets. I had read somewhere that this quest becomes a daily once you've done it once, and you could choose the other 3 spirits after completing it again.

That is not exactly true. Once you've beaten all 4 spirits once and turned the quest in / picked up your first Pandaren Spirit, the Pandaren Spirit will then be able to provide you dailies to beat each of them individually. Each time you defeat one (max once per day per spirit), you get a pandaren pet supplies bag. From that bag you get a chance to see one of the 4 Pandaren Spirit pet to drop. So don't go back to the NPC at your Vale Capital to get the initial quest as a daily, she won't have anything interesting to say at that point, go straight for each Spirit (so remember where they are!). No idea what the drop rate is for these spirits, but I've gotten a few pandaren supplies bags so far, and no luck.

This also means that if one of the spirit is giving you a hard time, well know that you'll only have to beat him once really. Since the following dailies are individual, you can skip the one or two spirit that is too hard to beat and focus on the easy ones. I found the whispering and flowing spirits to be A LOT easier to beat than the thundering and burning, but that may only be because of what pets level 25 I have available.

Good luck!

Malanade
Top Rater
Pet Score:7203
BattleTag®:Malanade#1295
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Malanade » November 29th, 2012, 10:08 am

Kagalii wrote:Anyone else having an issue picking up the dailies today? Last night (WAAAY before daily reset, maybe at like 7-8 pm), I beat all tamers, turned in the quest, went back and beat them all again for the dailies. Today I have checked all 4 and they aren't offering me any quests. Am I missing something?
Mine aren't offering me dailies anymore either :I

Post by Guest » November 29th, 2012, 11:46 am

Day two ... the same NPC Trainers have no ! over their heads ...

- Uldum (Obalis)
- Dread Waste (Shu)
- Townlong (Zusshi)
- Vale (Aki)
- All 4 spirit trainers

I haz sad :( I want my pets!!!

Hydramith
Top Rater
Pet Score:3037
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Hydramith » November 29th, 2012, 12:27 pm

Koori wrote:Day two ... the same NPC Trainers have no ! over their heads ...

- Uldum (Obalis)
- Dread Waste (Shu)
- Townlong (Zusshi)
- Vale (Aki)
- All 4 spirit trainers

The exact same few don't offer their quests to me either still now.

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » November 29th, 2012, 12:34 pm

this thread would need to be renamed "Pet trainer bugs following 5.1".... :?

Cheeser
Pet Score:1464
Realm:Talnivarr-eu

Post by Cheeser » November 29th, 2012, 4:00 pm

Nice with some new quests, only one I didn't one shot was the earth one, but that's just cause he got really lucky with stunning with whelk snail.
Used flayer youngling, magical crawdad, and wild golden hatchling on earth
For water I used shimmering wyrmling, the magic JC owl, and flayer youngling
For burning I used lil raggy, panda and lil DW, didnt even get to use DW
for wind... think I used whelk, molten hatchling and ...might have been lil DW
Might have been something else on some of em since I got like 31 level 25s so abit hard to remember.

BTW: Which Pandaren spirit did you guys take? I took earth...

Emi
Top Rater
Pet Score:3222
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Emi » November 30th, 2012, 2:11 am

Hydramith wrote:
Koori wrote:Day two ... the same NPC Trainers have no ! over their heads ...

- Uldum (Obalis)
- Dread Waste (Shu)
- Townlong (Zusshi)
- Vale (Aki)
- All 4 spirit trainers

The exact same few don't offer their quests to me either still now.

The same thing has been going on with me, actually I specifically logged on here to see if I was the only one with the problem or not >.<

Viah007
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Viah007 » November 30th, 2012, 2:58 am

Yes, every since 5.1 Aki the chosen and the grand master in Uldum haven't been giving me quest anymore so it seems many are having this problem. I never really did all the daily trainer's in pandaria (cause i figured the aki would be the only daliy assuming how the other zones went) but i'm sure there bugged for me too. Making this battle-stone farming a bit harder. Pandaria spirits are also the same after doing the quest and daliys the first time. Hate to see this but I don't feel so bad anymore considering it seems everyone's having the same problem. Lets hope a hotfix hits soon. :)

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » November 30th, 2012, 7:47 am

well crap.. my pandaren spirit dailies are broken too now :(

Cheeser
Pet Score:1464
Realm:Talnivarr-eu

Post by Cheeser » November 30th, 2012, 10:01 am

BTW, are the pets used by the thundering spirit equal to any pet obtainable for us players?
Besides the elemental ofc...