List of Pet Battle Bugs

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Mikk
Pet Score:1792
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us
Re: List of Pet Battle Bugs

Post by Mikk » November 25th, 2012, 10:44 pm

Klya wrote:Not sure if I'm alone, but it seems sometimes the Minfernal's Meteor Strike has absolutely no effect. There's no "Miss," "Dodge," or any type of damage shown (or inflicted) upon the target. And this is during a normal opponent condition...no Soaring, Burrow, or Dive involved.
I have had this occur to me a number of times.

Also minefield seems bugged. Only once have I seen it go off when pets change. The rest of the time the mines just eventually disappear without exploding.

I have issues with dark simulcrum not copying a spell if it is an in progress multi turn spell. (stampede etc)
I wouldnt mind if it didnt set off the 3 turn cooldown as well.

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » November 26th, 2012, 10:21 am

I've had a few times where an enemy cast Cyclone on me and once I killed off the pet that cast it, it stopped doing anything and just sat there until the dot wore off.

Cropher
MVP
Pet Score:7153
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Cropher » November 26th, 2012, 12:25 pm

Imthedci wrote:I've had a few times where an enemy cast Cyclone on me and once I killed off the pet that cast it, it stopped doing anything and just sat there until the dot wore off.
I've noticed that for most DoT/debuff abilities, killing the caster stops the damage/effect, when it seems it's supposed to be still active.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » November 26th, 2012, 4:23 pm

Cropher wrote:
Imthedci wrote:I've had a few times where an enemy cast Cyclone on me and once I killed off the pet that cast it, it stopped doing anything and just sat there until the dot wore off.
I've noticed that for most DoT/debuff abilities, killing the caster stops the damage/effect, when it seems it's supposed to be still active.
I don't know if this is a bug, or an intended and undocumented feature. It's a bit odd because killing a pet stops any of that pet's DoTs from dealing damage, but the debuff will still be there and have its secondary effects (e.g. Whirlpool will still trigger even if the caster is dead: it deals no damage, but still places a 'cannot swap' debuff on the pet).
Klya wrote:Not sure if I'm alone, but it seems sometimes the Minfernal's Meteor Strike has absolutely no effect. There's no "Miss," "Dodge," or any type of damage shown (or inflicted) upon the target. And this is during a normal opponent condition...no Soaring, Burrow, or Dive involved.
It is in fact missing, it just doesn't pop up the 'miss' text. Many abilities have high miss chances but don't report the misses, for example Triple Snap always swings 3 times, but the 2nd and 3rd swings have a 50% miss chance, and if they miss they simply fail to do damage without popping up the 'miss' text. This is why casting Focus with your Flayer (+100% hit chance) makes your Triple Snap always hit with all 3 snaps. Flurry/Tongue Lash/etc. work the same way. In particular, Lift-Off/Burrow/Meteor Strike have a 20% miss chance that is not necessarily noted in the tooltip.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » November 26th, 2012, 4:57 pm

Formerruling wrote:Now I will contribute to the thread. Sometimes my gnomes turrent will delay. The dust cloud animation will happen and it might freeze for like 30 seconds before it appears and the turn continues. Like twice now the animation played and no turrent ever spawned. It just froze for a few and the turn continued with no turrent.
I've had this one happen as well.

I've also seen the animation, dust cloud and no turret but rounds start firing down range. The invisible turret strikes. lol

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » November 26th, 2012, 7:42 pm

I've also had mechanicals fail to res; can't put my finger on what might cause it though.

Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Formerruling » November 26th, 2012, 8:38 pm

Just like with the Burrow(and related abilities) ~20% miss rate which I agree to be pretty accurate - I think most of the "bugs" of pet battling is just very poor tooltips and "secret' mechanics you have to use the stuff to know about.

Mathew013
MVP
Pet Score:3694
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Mathew013 » November 27th, 2012, 10:54 am

Minor visual bug with the Petability, Stampede.
If you KO the pet after it has stampeded one round, it will appear defeated behind the enemy trainer as it should,
but there's also an 'snapshot' image of it behind your team, in its alive and well animation.

>> Mat

Jordicus
Top Rater
Pet Score:2793
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by Jordicus » November 28th, 2012, 6:46 am

Arcana wrote:I've also had mechanicals fail to res; can't put my finger on what might cause it though.
i believe that the mechanical rez is only a set amount of HP. If your mechanical dies and takes more damage than that rez "heal", it will not rez. I.E. My Bombling has 100 HP left, and gets hit for an attack of 500. He dies and has a -400 HP. He tries to rez, but the rez "heal" is only 350 so it fails.

Darkshroud

Post by Darkshroud » November 28th, 2012, 12:33 pm

No the fail to res thing has nothing to do with up because it happens to undead too. I know frog kiss prevents both forms of res haven't tried it on a Phoenix yet tho.

Exel
Pet Score:2852
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Post by Exel » November 28th, 2012, 1:51 pm

This is true about abilities that prevent mechanical and undead pets rez. One ability I know does this is Darkmoon Monkey's Barrel throw.

Aquilus
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Aquilus » November 28th, 2012, 3:04 pm

I have 2 Bugs to report (both pre 5.1).

If you death grip a enemy sidelined pet while their main pet is in the middle of Lift-Off, Launch etc... When that pet returns to combat he will not be attackable until he uses the move again (he will be able to use his other abilities as normal to hit you). This does not happen for burrow or dive, (the pet will surface on the sideline the next turn).

The terrible turnip's weakening blow ability does not get any bonus damage when used against dragonkin (it is a humanoid attack). This may be intended to prevent it from killing them but in theory it should get the bonus damage and still not reduce them below 1 HP.

I have encountered many of the other bugs posted above as well.