the (infamous) Elekk Plushie

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us
the (infamous) Elekk Plushie

Post by Kendrah » June 14th, 2014, 3:23 pm

Ah, the Elekk Plushie. This pet isn't a battle pet and I think that's a shame. So to sooth the ragged need to beat people up with a cute plushie toy, I thought I'd ask you all what abilities you'd give the poor, unloved Elekk Plushie if it became a battle pet.

I was thinking something like a stuffing explosion would rock. :lol: Maybe an aoe attack where it throws itself off the other team like a rubber ball or bean bag. Or maybe a two round attack that's like 'aw, so kewt' that lures the other pet into dropping its defense and then it would bit it when it got too close or something. :lol:

What would you all come up with if you could give this kewtie battle pet abilities?

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Re: the (infamous) Elekk Plushie

Post by Maizing » June 14th, 2014, 3:47 pm

Cuddle: Charms the enemy pet into non-agression mode (basically a version of CC... like a stun or sleep).

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » June 19th, 2014, 3:02 pm

Maizing wrote:Cuddle: Charms the enemy pet into non-agression mode (basically a version of CC... like a stun or sleep).
Haha, I like that. Instead of green zzz's above their head they could have a heart, like when you use a happy treat on them. :)

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » June 19th, 2014, 6:16 pm

It is a battle pet. Just not an effective one.

http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/82464-elekk-plushie

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » June 20th, 2014, 6:55 am

Poofah wrote:It is a battle pet. Just not an effective one.

http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/82464-elekk-plushie
Oh! Thought it was just stationary. lulz. Time to devise teams around the Elekk! >D

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 20th, 2014, 11:56 am

[url=https://twitter.com/TheCrafticus/status/479818367222575104]LeCraft recently Tweeted[/url] that defeating certain trainers while using the Elekk Plushie on your team will award an achievement.

I'm still going to feel guilty for sending out a helpless pet, and would much rather it be a viscous little stuffed animal. :P
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » June 20th, 2014, 12:22 pm

It will be interesting to see what you actually have to do for the achievement. Does the Plushie just have to be on your team or does it actually have to be in for a round like you'd need a carry pet to be to gain exp. At worst the achievement is basically having a carry team for trainer and since you only need to do it once for the achievement it doesn't have to be as solid as our carry teams for leveling pets but I could see some of the undercards in the CT being pretty tough if they include those.

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » June 26th, 2014, 4:50 pm

Trumpet
Beast Ability
100% hit chance
Plays a fine diddy, starting a stampede which causes 250 Beast damage.
Opponents struck by the stampede take double damage for 2 rounds.

Snuggly
MVP
Pet Score:9605
BattleTag®:Snugglybunny#1394
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Snuggly » June 29th, 2014, 12:44 am

Moonie1 wrote:Trumpet
Beast Ability
100% hit chance
Plays a fine diddy, starting a stampede which causes 250 Beast damage.
Opponents struck by the stampede take double damage for 2 rounds.

Or "Squeak" instead of "Trumpet"
and the tailor would have to find a squeaker to include in the recipe to make.

Since this is tailor-made and not a real live pet.

Slugggo
Top Rater
Pet Score:13685
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Post by Slugggo » June 29th, 2014, 3:02 am

It'll be interesting to see if the Plushie has to survive each fight to get each tick of the achievement. Otherwise, you'd just need a two-pet strat for each, and let the Plushie die at the start of each fight. That seems unlikely, though -- I'm guessing it'll need to survive.

LeCraft's tweet said they'd be adding more battles to that achieve, but just the Celestials could be kind of tricky under the current tourney format. If you lose any of the four fights, you'd have to (a) have backup teams ready, (b) start the event from the beginning, or (c) do it over several weeks. Curious to see if there'll be any reward other than a couple of ach points.

At least two of the Celestials shouldn't be too bad, if the current strats hold up in 6.0. There are several two-pet strats for Yula, and Zao usually dies to Call Lightning combined with any Zandalari pet with Hunting Party. Xufu is still RNGish for me with three pets, tho.

I'm in the beta, so I plan to tinker with this sometime during the week, assuming it doesn't crash long enough for me to get out to Timeless Isle. :)

Poofah

Post by Poofah » June 29th, 2014, 11:06 am

Unless they fix the double damage bug, the legendary pets are all trivial with chrom/water spirit, or clockwork/zandalari, or a 2-pet strat along those lines.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 29th, 2014, 11:27 am

Poofah wrote:Unless they fix the double damage bug, the legendary pets are all trivial with chrom/water spirit, or clockwork/zandalari, or a 2-pet strat along those lines.
Double damage bug?

Poofah

Post by Poofah » June 29th, 2014, 4:13 pm

The shattered defenses debuff ("increases damage taken by 100%") that is applied by Howl/Stampede/Hunting Party etc interacts in an odd way with the legendary pet buff ("reduces all damage taken by 50%"). It's additive rather than multiplicative, so a debuffed legendary pet takes 150% damage. That's why Geyser/Whirlpool plus Howl produces so much damage against the legendaries (or turret+black claw+hunting party, etc).

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » June 29th, 2014, 4:33 pm

Poofah wrote:The shattered defenses debuff ("increases damage taken by 100%") that is applied by Howl/Stampede/Hunting Party etc interacts in an odd way with the legendary pet buff ("reduces all damage taken by 50%"). It's additive rather than multiplicative, so a debuffed legendary pet takes 150% damage. That's why Geyser/Whirlpool plus Howl produces so much damage against the legendaries (or turret+black claw+hunting party, etc).
It does make me wonder if you can take down XuFu or Zao without relying on shattered defenses.

Poofah

Post by Poofah » June 29th, 2014, 4:49 pm

They're all beatable without howl strats, but there's not much reason to try normal strats when there's an extremely effective 1-strat-fits-all. Mechs with Lightning Storm and/or Ion Cannon work fine for those two. Explode is also too effective against legendaries, since percent-based attacks ignore the damage reduction buff, so 2x Zeppelin is also more than enough.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » June 30th, 2014, 3:42 am

The magic damage rection debuff does protect against singular explodes buffed hugely. Even if it ignores the half damage protection.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370

Post by Jerebear » June 30th, 2014, 7:21 am

Though lightning storm also makes use of the additive damage bonus feature. I think the additive is less of a bug and more of a design choice didn't plan for future (BoF, Celestials, etc) battles well.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829