Baby ape power

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Baby ape power

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 31st, 2014, 6:40 pm

I just leveled my p/p breed of this pet ... With so many mechanicals in pet PvP I wondered if anyone had any success using this pet in PvP. I like the idea of bananas barrage knocking out decoys but mechs mash beasts unfortunately

325 power and a decent 260 speed seems viable though there are so many dodgers in my meta

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Re: Baby ape power

Post by Vek » June 1st, 2014, 10:38 am

The primates are quite powerful, but I don't see them much.

I do use the Darkmoon Monkey from time to time, since 273 speed will get slightly more use out of Clobber. But with 325 Power the Baby Ape can really dish out some huge damage. Smash, while a bit risky since it is only 85% hit, hits really hard and just wait until the beast racial kicks in.

With 260 speed clobber will find slightly less use against speedier opponents, but why not try out Roar. 25% damage buff with already high damage abilities is great.

Banana Barrage is a bit random, sometimes you will miss alot but those times when all bananas hit it is lovely. And the "dot" part actually does really good damage as well.

You should have no problem using it against Mechanical Pandaren Dragonlings since they don't have mechanical damage, you are probably worse off against the Zeppeline since it is both faster than you and has strong damage. Don't worry too much about dodgers, you will punish them after they have done their dance.

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » June 2nd, 2014, 12:10 pm

I love my P/P Baby Ape. I use it in conjunction with 2 Humanoid pets, an S/S Bonkers and the Anubisath Idol. I've managed to win quite a few matches with this team, which is funny, cuz I built it purely for fun...nothing more. It's surprising how well the Baby Ape deals with Valks. Clobber + 2 Smashes or Clobber + 1 Smash and 1 Barrage...you'd be surprised at the ease you can chip away at most pets. If the opponent doesn't come equipped with a Dodge or Burrow type move, or Blind...they're in for a serious hurtin', especially against that team, lol.

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » June 2nd, 2014, 5:22 pm

If you think the Val'kyr is going to do CoD first then save the Clobber. Today, though with the Darkmoon Monkey, I did:
1. Banana Barrage, got CoD
2. Clobber
3. Banana Barrage.
4. Smash, got Haunt.

This got the Val'kyr down to 200 Health. Then I could switch the Monkey back and it survived the CoD and haunt ticks, though not by much.