Val'kyr/Death Adder Hatchling/X

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102
Realm:Madoran-us
Val'kyr/Death Adder Hatchling/X

Post by Se5s » May 31st, 2014, 12:21 pm

is anyone else completely sick of not having a fair chance against val'kyr/death adder hatchling/x unless you use another valk/dah/x team? and considering when u play a crawdad team you won't always go against a valk/dah team, and crows and other flyers are too prolific, it really makes crawdad hard to validate playing all the time. and to be serious, i'm just kind sick of SEEING the same team over and over and obviously not the same person every time because of different pet names. i win against these teams quite a bit, after i see it twice i run my own valk/dah/peddlefeet team and i win more often than not, so this isn't a case of sore-loser syndrome. it's really just stale as hell.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Re: Val'kyr/Death Adder Hatchling/X

Post by Kendrah » May 31st, 2014, 1:04 pm

I hear ya. I hate that team too. And then there was that guy who ran with three S/S DAH. That loss was painful. He was a good battler, so he anticipated my moves. What can you do? All the murkalot + an explosion didn't do anything because he'd just switch out the DAH if that stupid blinding poison was on CD. :roll:

I wish they'd put some sort of CD on the Unborn if the haunt didn't work or even a 'take such-n-such dmg increase if it doesn't work' or, well, anything! That pet is basically untouchable for the duration of its haunt. Maybe it's death if it didn't work was too harsh but I don't think it balances things out to go all the way over to the other side on that issue.

I'm having decent results with teams that switch/feign death or the like, though.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » May 31st, 2014, 2:31 pm

I don't know if yall keep up with discodoggy's blog, but his blog got me to realize that there are some other options out there to fight Valk's and DAH. Senjin Fetish / Voodoo Figurine makes a really good counter with sear magic (other pets have this too, but these two pets are pretty nice). Against the DAH, a S/S mongoose pup is really good, and it is aquatic, so it can handle Valk's somewhat as well. There are some other options as well.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » May 31st, 2014, 11:39 pm

don't forget any type of crab specially the spirit or emperor crab make the val and dah lifes tough and can sometimes solo them.
also any rabbit makes their life tough too eats up the val and with the dodge and burrow can hide from the dah pretty well.
no team is unbeatable and I like lots of people running them now because makes using their counter teams win more since they face that team so often.
also I run into so many running the non s/s dah which is easy prey.

Maleric
Pet Score:486
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Post by Maleric » May 31st, 2014, 11:53 pm

Sear Magic is really good against Valk/DAH. Or you can just use a crab, but then you lose to darkness teams.

For Sear Magic pets, I like Magic Lamp in particular. The big heal is nice against Valk/DAH because it allows you to play the outlast game, and the pet also counters all the fliers in the metagame. I don't think Magic Lamp is a strong pet, but in the current metagame it's gold.

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » June 1st, 2014, 10:46 am

Yes it can be a bit of a challenge to come up with a team that does well against these pets as well as not nerfing your chances against other teams you will face.

What I have found out though is that it is often more than enough to have a pet with a damage reduction ability(like Crouch/Shell Shield etc) and an avoidance move(like burrow/Lift-off/Dodge) to not have too much trouble against the Val'kyr. You will take much less damage from Haunt and you will easily avtoid the Curse of Doom.

I do find the Death Adders quite a bit more annoying but there are quite a few pets that are very good against them while still being useful against other pets. Any mechanical with Overtune, Vengeful Porcupette, H/H Buzzard(or alot of other birds).