Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Re: 3 New Pets!!!!

Post by Noel » June 21st, 2022, 8:35 pm

Murkastrasza is available for Heroic and Up prepurchase

Kristenblue
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Kristenblue » July 19th, 2022, 8:46 am

I think I like pretty little things, and Lil Ursoc's name sounds so cute words from letters

Sheepishbunny
Pet Score:1883
BattleTag®:SomethSimple#2798
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sheepishbunny » August 18th, 2022, 9:28 pm

I'm a bit new to battle pets/collecting them so this may be a dumb question, but when they release a limited time only pet like this are they gone forever? Once Dragon Flight is released it won't be possible to obtain these pets ever again? I was originally not interested in pre-ordering dragon flight, but now that the desire to collect pets have taken over I am tempted to splurge $70 just for them lol.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 19th, 2022, 4:56 pm

Sheepishbunny wrote:
August 18th, 2022, 9:28 pm
I'm a bit new to battle pets/collecting them so this may be a dumb question, but when they release a limited time only pet like this are they gone forever? Once Dragon Flight is released it won't be possible to obtain these pets ever again?
The only limited time pet for Dragonflight is Drakks (pre-purchase). Once the expansion is released, Drakks will no longer be available, according to Blizzard. The other pet (Murkastrasza) will continue to be available with purchase/upgrade to Heroic Edition even once the expansion is released.

Will Drakks be gone "forever-ever"? That's completely unknown. Blizzard has shown that it's possible for them to bring back previously limited time/edition battle pets, but it's never a guarantee or a known when/why.

So it's up to you: Don't pre-purchase and possibly miss out on Drakks because Blizzard may not make the pet available again in the future. OR Pre-purchase the expansion.

If you're worried about the limited time pet, only a Base Edition pre-purchase is necessary to collect Drakks. And of course the $70 for Heroic Edition pre-purchase will get you both pets, but again, is not necessary to collect the limited time pet. IIRC you can always upgrade to Heroic Edition at a later date (even after the expansion's been released) to collect Murkastrasza.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com