More than 2 blocks question

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Starling5767
Pet Score:8127
Realm:Stormrage-us
More than 2 blocks question

Post by Starling5767 » May 15th, 2022, 12:49 pm

How is it that players are getting more than 2 blocks when using the Mechanical Pandaren dragonling ? I have had this happen to me twice. The dragon is blocking 4 of my attacks rather than two. I thought it had something to do with a buff from the previous pet, but in both cases it didn't appear the previous pet had a buff that had a "doubling" effect. Does it have something to do with the pet family ? In both cases I was using Beast Pets as I am working on the achievement to win battles using all beast pets...

Starling5767
Pet Score:8127
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: More than 2 blocks question

Post by Starling5767 » May 15th, 2022, 1:02 pm

Nevermind, answered my own question. :lol: I guess the 4 blocks must come from the mechanical 50% more damage done to beast family. 50% more would be 4 blocks instead of 2. I was thinking of this buff in terms of damage only, but it must carry over to defense as well ;)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: More than 2 blocks question

Post by Gráinne » May 15th, 2022, 3:47 pm

No, it's not that. Family has nothing to do with number of blocks.

What do you call an "attack"? The game's coding is inconsistent on this, in the case of multi-hit attacks. For example, one Flurry used to count as 2 oe 3 attacks, but in Shadowlands, they deliberately screwed it up so it counts as only one attack.

What were the abilities used in the attack?

As always, what did your Pet Battle Log say? That is what you actually need to figure out what happened. You can puil up its tab in your chat box, or use the addon Battle Pet Log Keeper, to view the log.