Best SL pets?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Alithia
Pet Score:3215
Realm:Khaz'goroth-eu
Best SL pets?

Post by Alithia » September 21st, 2021, 8:04 am

Hi, which are the ones to get? SL only pets pleas.

Starling5767
Pet Score:8127
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Best SL pets?

Post by Starling5767 » September 21st, 2021, 12:52 pm

My favorite is the Mawsworn Minion who drops off Kel Thezud in the Sanctum of Domination Raid. I love how he mounts up on a mawrat when I mount up.

I have used Chirpy Valeshrieker in a bunch of pet battles, using caw and murder for major damage. And he's cute

Also like the 2 unicorn foals I have obtained but mostly for their looks. Have not used them much in battling.

Edmuir
Pet Score:4542
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Edmuir » May 18th, 2022, 10:49 am

Any updates on this? Wondering if anyone is finding a hidden gem or two. The wild pets seem cool and all, but nothing that's gonna jump into our regular rotation.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13224
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » May 19th, 2022, 4:52 am

DragonsAfterDark/Amayita answered that question very well here, with the relevant moveset helpfully noted for each:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... /1191882/3

Anxious Nibbler (some family fights)
Ashen Chomper (Rabid Strike + Corpse Explosion)
Etherwyrms (Copperback, Infused, Wild
Corpselouse Larva (Rabid Strike + Burst)
Death Seeker (Eyeblast + Murder the Innocent)
Decaying Mawrat (Haunt + Creeping Insanity)
Floofa (some niche fights)
Frenzied Mawrat (Forboding Curse + Corpse Explosion)
Gizmo (In-game Brightpaw with Prowl + Arcane Dash)
Larion Cub (Prowl, Maul, & Bite)
Mawsworn Minion & Rook (niche fights)
Moon-Touched Netherwhelp (Incredibly useful moveset + Dragonkin racial)
Scurrying Mawrat (Creeping Insanity, Rabid Strike, & Corpse Explosion)
Timeless Mechanical Dragonling (Flame Breath, Time Bomb, Razor Talons, Armageddon)
Torghast Lurker (Forboding Curse + Haunt)
Vibrant Glimmerfly (niche fights)

I might be missing a few, but scrolling through my SLs list real quick these are the ones that stood out for me using them in strategies.

Of course, this won’t include Zereth Mortis pets, simply because I haven’t used them in any strategy creation yet. ^^
For myself, I've used the Decaying Mawrat to replace the Valk in a few places - not that it's needed, but just for a
bit of variety. I see Micromancer and Lost Quill as potentially interesting, but not compelling.

One one hand, I'm happy that we didn't get some major power bump that obsoletes all our older pets. On the other, it would be nice to see a few new faces.

Edmuir
Pet Score:4542
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Edmuir » May 19th, 2022, 10:45 am

Meriweather's comment just afterwards is also helpful. Thanks for the link to that.

I agree, I'm sort of torn on what to think about the new pets. I don't really collect them for anything other than their abilities that apply to the PVE content (WQs, Dungeons, etc.). I level my alts via pet battles quite frequently so I'm constantly on the lookout for pets that maul wild pets in certain zones (Xu Fu, Nexus/Stormborn Whelps, WoD Toucans, etc.). Other than the safari hat, I've not really gone down the Achievement rabbit hole, but maybe I should.