Is there a way to change battle groups?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sunderezz
Top Rater
Pet Score:8385
Realm:Twisting Nether-us
Is there a way to change battle groups?

Post by Sunderezz » June 11th, 2021, 11:20 pm

I have tried to keep a good attitude, but this is bordering on abuse. The primary player in my battle group continues to run double and triple impossible (for me it seems) teams with taunting names, tonight two rotten helpers and ragnaros named: shpanked, shpunked, and sonofabee. I have read many suggestions on how to deal with such a player, and have tried all of them. Life is stressful enough right now. Over and over I encounter this person and s/he is sucking the joy out of the game for me. Sorry to vent, I know many of you have heard this over and over again throughout the years. At this point i simply refuse to play him/her, I let the battle play out while I do other things. If it was just the ridiculous teams, that would be one thing, but the taunting and sometimes obscene names? I just don't get what motivates a person to do this. Is my only option to step back? Is this something I can report?

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Re: Is there a way to change battle groups?

Post by Rosqo » June 12th, 2021, 1:10 am

You can report their pet name's by clicking the portrait.

The only rumoured way is by transferring your original character to a different server but because no one knows of for sure how the battlegroups work it's a best guess that this is the way.

The best way to get rid of players like that is farm them over and over until they give up.

Sunderezz
Top Rater

Post by Sunderezz » June 12th, 2021, 12:12 pm

Rosqo wrote:
June 12th, 2021, 1:10 am
You can report their pet name's by clicking the portrait.
Thanks so much Rosqo! I will give this a try.

Kytu
Pet Score:2537
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Kytu » June 22nd, 2021, 4:04 am

I don't even see the need for battle groups. You should just be matched randomly with whoever is in the queue anywhere. Variety is good! Would cut the waiting times down too.

Sunderezz
Top Rater

Post by Sunderezz » July 20th, 2021, 3:12 pm

Update: I am happy to report that the mean-spirited, taunting pet names have disappeared from my queue, though I am sure the player remains. Thank you so much Rosqo for sharing how to report a battlepet name. Maybe my frenemy from the queue reads this great forum ;)

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » July 20th, 2021, 3:55 pm

I've seen pet name's be reset before maybe that's what has happened to your opponent. Glad they aren't causing you any more issues